Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Blog Entries

Default Zidane - Homalend

More art, this time Zidane from FFIX: ffix_zidane___homeland_by_midorisa-d8p5p1w.jpg

Thank you for the interest!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 04-12-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    Beautiful work again. Laguna & co. and Adel - I love the character designs from FFVIII. In fact I'd say they were the best from the FF's.
    Thank you! I like the designs too in FFVIII. Especially the antogonist designs, with horns and body paints and dramatic makeup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    This art is very pretty.
    Thank you so much!

Blog Entries

This time it's Tifa from FFVII. This is a traditional sketchbook drawing:
    ffvii___tifa_lockhart_by_midorisa-d8p899b.jpg
    I wanted to be quite faithful to the original art with this, As it was one of the first ones that really inspired me when I was a child. I just recently thought about challenging myself to upload and color my traditional sketchbook drawings as well, as of before I treated them more as a personal practice that I would never show to anyone. Then again, I though that why not, and I get more practice at the same time too. My wrist is aching right now, as this past week I've drawn day after day really intensively. I must remember to stretch. Again, Thank you very much for looking and being interested!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 04-11-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah! Amazing job on that! I love how you colored that picture. I need to use my sketchbook more often, but first I need to get a new scanner so I could scan my drawings.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bravely Proto View Post
    Ah! Amazing job on that! I love how you colored that picture. I need to use my sketchbook more often, but first I need to get a new scanner so I could scan my drawings.
    Thank you for commenting! I thought the same just a few weeks back, as it can a bit one dimensional sometimes if you just draw with one tool. You should totally buy that scanner and post your drawings!

Blog Entries

And I'm back again. This time with a fan art from Final Fantasy VII, Aeris:
    really tro make it faithful to the first 97' character design, as those are the ones I like and though the characters looked when playing the game. I imagined this scene to be the moment when she leaves to group, appears in the dream that cloud is seeing, talks to him and then walks/runs into the sleeping forest.

Thank you for looking, and being interested!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 07-16-2015 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries

And Here's some more fan art, from FFVIII:ffviii___squall_leonhart_by_midorisa-d8qb3nx.jpg

I try to and post at least once a week and do new work, as sometimes I got a bit frustrated when I feel I'm just so slow doing things and getting them done. But yeah, thank you for viewing and being interested!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I continue to really enjoy your artwork, Midorisa! Sorry I haven't posted much lately and have been absent at DA (life happened), but keep up the good work.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I continue to really enjoy your artwork, Midorisa! Sorry I haven't posted much lately and have been absent at DA (life happened), but keep up the good work.
    Thanks you! I had actually wondered where you disappeared all of a sudden, so nice to know everything is okay! I'll keep working with my art, and always try to work to make it better, so thank you!

Blog Entries

Default Update!

beatrix___something_to_protect_by_midorisa-d8r2ie1.jpg

I made it! One work at least once a week! x__x
    That is sometimes hard when you have the issues I've been struggling with. Even thought you want to do your best, you still need to put out your work and not just pile up the practice images in your PC. So I think this way of thinking is a healthy for me at least for now, to teach myself to let go and move on, even thought I know I'll never be fully satisfied to it.

Anyway, I have never done that much backgrounds before with any thought, as I've always been more into characters, but I wanted there to be something more than just plain colors. So I tried to do something different with that also. I didn't take too much time really focusing to it thought, and it would be better if I had. It's more than I usually have done anyway, so maybe I'll try to do a detailed and complex ones in the future!

Anyway, thank you very much for looking these and thank you people that have been commenting so far!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 04-28-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Well, everyone knows how I feel about Final Fantasy IX fanart...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    Well, everyone knows how I feel about Final Fantasy IX fanart...
    Great game!

Blog Entries

Just some chubby moogle I did for color practice today..

sketch_i___moogle_by_midorisa-d8rb4qf.jpg

That moogle is so cute! Anyways, I've been lurking at your thread sometime now and I have to say, you have such amazing illustrations! Keep up the fantastic work! Instant fan here!