Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black valentine View Post
    That moogle is so cute! Anyways, I've been lurking at your thread sometime now and I have to say, you have such amazing illustrations! Keep up the fantastic work! Instant fan here!
    Heh, thanks . It's nice to know that there are people lurking around, and it's not just me talking to myself here . I'm trying to keep it alive posting at least once a week and hopefully more if I can, so great to know some people find it interesting . Thank you for the kind word and support, it really is important to me, and makes me want to keep pushing myself .

Blog Entries

Default Update

Hahaaa! I can now punch that one work in a week mentality to the face, as I'm back. Well, for now at least

ffvii___sephiroth_by_midorisa-d8riw16.jpg

This is more rough/sketchy stuff I normally wouldn't be sharing, as this really was just a thing I started as a experiment to try a new thought I had about painting, thinking it as a thing similar to 3d sculpting in a 3d space. So this wasn't supposed to be anything to be shared. I have other sketch of this scene as well, showing half body and from a different angle more close to the games scenes. I feel kind of bad using these characters and just experiment with dull front view images..

But anyway, I think its good to share all kind of stuff, sketches, experiments, so that you get the more whole image whats happening and whats the stuff I do that usually is never shown to anyone.

Anyway, thank you for being interested and commenting so far!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 05-13-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Update

I'm keeping up with that one work in a week schedule. This time it's more stuff I mainly do for personal practice, and when starting I usually don't really think about submitting those online. This is based on this http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2.../Laguna012.PNG design image. I started this as a practice/ warm up but I decided to paint and color it too.
    the_man_with_the_machine_gun_by_midorisa-d8se0q8.jpg
    so it's Laguna from FFVIII. I'll maybe alter this a bit when I feel like it and have fresh pair of eyes, for now it's done.

Thank you for the interest and the comments!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 05-17-2015 at 01:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Something completely different

As the title says, this has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, as It's original stuff I do to fill in my sketch books;

the_collector_of_dreams_by_midorisa-d8tmq1t.jpg
    I want to develop my eye for colors with these mainly, as I really want to improve my understanding of it and my art further.
    So this is a bit of topic, but maybe it's good to show that I do original stuff too, not just fan art.
    Tools: watercolor, copic markers, pen and white ink.

Thanks for looking and commenting so far .
    Last edited by Midorisa; 05-24-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Update

More original stuff:
    blood_red_by_midorisa-d8udy0t.jpg

Some unfinished FF pieces are on their way too..
    Last edited by Midorisa; 05-24-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Midorisa View Post
    As the title says, this has nothing to do with Final Fantasy, as It's original stuff I do to fill in my sketch books;

Attachment 64278
    I want to develop my eye for colors with these mainly, as I really want to improve my understanding of it and my art further.
    So this is a bit of topic, but maybe it's good to show that I do original stuff too, not just fan art.

I must say, I absolutely adore this picture. I love the colors and design of the figure. It all works together really well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Oh, I've seen your stuff on deviantart before. I didn't know the artist is a member here. I like this new Laguna piece.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Those colors look amazing!
    Thank you so much!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    Oh, I've seen your stuff on deviantart before. I didn't know the artist is a member here. I like this new Laguna piece.
    I'm happy that I was introduced to this place . And thank you!

Blog Entries

Default The lies they tell ( Original artwork)

Some update with speed painting practice:
    the_lies_they_tell_by_midorisa-d8wmuo8.jpg

I've been a bit busy as summer is here and I've some big decisions to make,basically I must decide if I go to university or not this autumn. If I decide that I go, I must move to a different city, and of course find a new apartment and so on.

A big part of me says that I really don't want to move. Studying of course would take an enormous amount of my time, the time I now have for doing art as well. That really is the aspect of it that really makes me doubt if it's the right choice for me. I already have one cultural degree as well, and when I think of the future I would like to be in 10 years from now, and it's doing art as a living, in a one way or another, that often does't come with degrees and papers. It's about if you're any good or not, do you have skills. Of course people are different and some need/want someone there to say how they should practice and study, but I've always liked to study on my own.

So it really makes me think if I am making the right choice that is true to my heart if I decide to go. Would I end up drawing less and processing less, because studying would take me so much time again, and most importantly, would I end up being unhappy doing something that I truly don't want to do.

it's a question that forces me to face the expectations I think the society and the "others" have for me, and what my own heart says. It feels hard as I feel that many get so exited about the word 'university' already that they don't really question if it makes any sense for that person individually.
    Having a high degree from arts would sound nice, but does it make me any better drawer or a person, not maybe that much, if my heart isn't in it. Am I doing it for me, or for that gray mass of "other people" I think would keep me in higher value if I went to that school they value so highly? It's hard to walk your own path and trust that gut feeling you have inside of you.

Oh well, there are two months yet to decide.

Blog Entries

the_collector_of_dreams_by_midorisa-d8tmq1t.jpg

This would make an absolutely stunning wall scroll.

Blog Entries

Default Update

A piece that has been around for a loooong time. So it's time to finally call it done even though I'm never satisfied with it, I cant paint it for ever. I've been away from home so I haven't been able to upload anything, but that should be changing now though .

Anyway, thank you for looking and being interested!
    Last edited by Midorisa; 06-27-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by starlet View Post

This would make an absolutely stunning wall scroll.
    Thank you so much!

Blog Entries

Default More update: Mielikki

So since I've been a bit silent here for various reasons, I'll upload some stuff I drew when I wasn't home and didn't have anything but my sketchbook with me. It's sometimes refreshing to just do things traditionally and just simply have a paper and a pencil, nothing more.

It's the Finnish goddess of forest and hunt, Mielikki. Shes also a skillful healer and heals the paws of the wild animals who got hurt. I decided to draw with quite free design though, but wanted her to have that gentleness and feathers around her. Well, I do like horn and feathers, so.. . Anyway, thanks for being interested .

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Midorisa; 07-07-2015 at 12:23 PM.