Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Blog Entries

Default Update

yuna_by_midorisa-d99ybv2.jpg

FFX fan art, to continue the FF fan art series after a short brake. Yuna was one of the requests I received when I made a poll about which characters I should draw. proportions Inspired by the inventory picture of her. Thank for being interested!

Tools: sai, some photoshop.
    Last edited by Midorisa; 10-24-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Traditional art update - Guardians

Some character head sketches, practicing style. I find it quite relaxing to have a workflow where I can switch between digital paintings and traditional sketches/illustrations. My comfort zone lays quite much in drawing flowing shapes and faces if I want to just relax. So That's what I tend to draw when I just pick a pencil and draw freely what feels good.

Thanks for being interested!
    sketch_iii___the_guardians_by_midorisa-d990d2v.jpg

Blog Entries

Default Life Duality - Traditional work update

This is a pencil sketch I did one night, and it's a bit more personal that my usual drawings. You can read the story behind it here on Devianart :
    http://midorisa.deviantart.com/art/Life-Duality-562318581

life_duality_by_midorisa-d9asfsl.jpg

Anyways, thanks for being interested!

I know I haven't posted in here in a while, but I just wanted to say that I'm still following the thread and enjoying all the artwork. I'm just not really one to comment on it. Looking forward to any additional pieces.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    I know I haven't posted in here in a while, but I just wanted to say that I'm still following the thread and enjoying all the artwork. I'm just not really one to comment on it. Looking forward to any additional pieces.
    Thank you for commenting . I do know what you mean, as I sometimes tend to do that myself as well, following someones work but not commenting. I've been trying to change that as I know how much I appreciate feedback from people. I'll keep this thread alive by posting as I draw, both sketches and digital painting. I'll always try to improve, so thank for the support!

Also, if you guys had any suggestions what you would like to see, characters or themes. I'm willing to listen . I already got Jenova on the list, and I've been thinking about that as I've wanted to do something more dark. So, feel free to suggest things, all of you .

Garnet from FFIX. My absolute favorite game fanart is all of Garnet. As far as just general art goes, though, I don't have a whole lot of preference. I'll really look at anything.

Blog Entries

I'll remember those characters mentioned above, thank you for the suggestion!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'd love to see Red XIII done in the style you used for Sephiroth and Kuja.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

You mean traditionally with pencils and ink? I like Red XIII, but as I rarely have done any animals It's definitely a bit out of my comfort zone, but I want to develop in that area as well, drawing creatures and plants as well. I even ordered a new G-pen as my old one is a bit suffered and not holding it's ink so well anymore, so It could be a good change top try it out as well . Thank you for bringing this idea up!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

These are still looking great!

You did Yuna justice with your piece. Once again, it's a different style while clearly keeping the original character in mind. I think you could trust yourself with Red XIII, if you were feeling adventurous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    These are still looking great!

You did Yuna justice with your piece. Once again, it's a different style while clearly keeping the original character in mind. I think you could trust yourself with Red XIII, if you were feeling adventurous.
    Thank you very much! I'll see if I'll do traditional ink drawings after I manage to finish a couple of digital painting I've been painting. I want to have those done before starting anything new. But then, it could be a drawing I would keep beside my bed or sofa, and would draw it before going to sleep.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Midorisa View Post

You mean traditionally with pencils and ink? I like Red XIII, but as I rarely have done any animals It's definitely a bit out of my comfort zone, but I want to develop in that area as well, drawing creatures and plants as well. I even ordered a new G-pen as my old one is a bit suffered and not holding it's ink so well anymore, so It could be a good change top try it out as well . Thank you for bringing this idea up!
    Like these!

This time with traditional media with inks and watercolors, done in early winter/fall 2014:

Attachment 63065

And this is from the Xmast holidays 2014 I spent in the countryside (in the middle of nowhere).
    Attachment 63066

Right now I'm trying to work myself out of a little art block I've been suffering of for some time now. It's would be great to get all my unfinished FF pieces done, as when I've been counting that there are at least 5 or more of them at the moment, some of them almost done. But anyways, thank you for interest!
    So I guess something like what you said, because I am an idiot and don't know nothin'. xD

But yeah, imagining a Red XIII one in autumn colours... just seems right
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Like these!

This time with traditional media with inks and watercolors, done in early winter/fall 2014:

Attachment 63065

And this is from the Xmast holidays 2014 I spent in the countryside (in the middle of nowhere).
    Attachment 63066

Right now I'm trying to work myself out of a little art block I've been suffering of for some time now. It's would be great to get all my unfinished FF pieces done, as when I've been counting that there are at least 5 or more of them at the moment, some of them almost done. But anyways, thank you for interest!
    So I guess something like what you said, because I am an idiot and don't know nothin'. xD

But yeah, imagining a Red XIII one in autumn colours... just seems right
    You're not an idiot I got what you mean, and I got the pens I ordered so maybe I'll give it a try this evening. Let see how many eyes and ears poor red XIII will end up having.. xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Beautiful as always. Like checking back in and out of this thread every now again and be amazed!

Str8 Pimpin'