Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Still fantastic :} I'm gonna take a shot in the dark that either Kuja is one of your favorite characters, or he's one of your favorite to do art with. But with all the feathers and flair, there is definitely a lot of room for the experimentation you're looking for

That's some really nice work Midorisa! The one of Ruby looks great, really...just what was Zidane thinking when he went with Garnet? Oh wait...he wasn't!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Still fantastic :} I'm gonna take a shot in the dark that either Kuja is one of your favorite characters, or he's one of your favorite to do art with. But with all the feathers and flair, there is definitely a lot of room for the experimentation you're looking for
    Thank you! Well I think he is one of the many, one reason I have many drawings of him is that I started many at the same time and thought I just experiment and won't publish any of them. So it's partly coincidence too. I Like his design, colors and the shapes and clothing. I also like the androgynous aspects in characters in general, so it's one of the reasons. I like feathers also, so his design include many things I like .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    That's some really nice work Midorisa! The one of Ruby looks great, really...just what was Zidane thinking when he went with Garnet? Oh wait...he wasn't!
    Thank you so much! I know right? Both are beautiful in a very different way. Maybe it was her quite unusual, artistic personality . I happen to like Rybys clothes and her colors a tiny bit more, and personally I liked Amanos design for Dagger more than the simplified(still a good one though), they used in the game. It's because I like details, and jewelry. But despite that Dagger is one of my favorite female characters, she isn't annoyingly girlish in a way I suppose, even if she is a princess and all.

Blog Entries

Default Dagger fanart

So, speaking of Dagger, here's some new art from FFIX again:

It's been a while I drew a female and I wanted to try and do a proper portrait of her. Next I try and to finish Tifa/Coud Nibelheim group FFVII portrait, and some traditional sketches also. I also wanted to be quite faithful to the original art style of the game with this. Thank you all for the interest!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Midorisa; 07-28-2015 at 09:23 PM.

That is quite beautiful Midorisa! Now I can't wait to see your rendition of Cloud and Tifa

Just wondering about this particualr one...the eyes...did you make them that way (looking rather innocent) for some particular reason? I ask because the look Dagger gives Zidane during the scene has this "mischevous" thing going on...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    That is quite beautiful Midorisa! Now I can't wait to see your rendition of Cloud and Tifa

Just wondering about this particualr one...the eyes...did you make them that way (looking rather innocent) for some particular reason? I ask because the look Dagger gives Zidane during the scene has this "mischevous" thing going on...

Thank you! Well, the reason is that this isn't from that particular cinematic moment exactly, at least I didn't though about like doing it looking exactly the same. Maybe next time I do it from a certain moment, and put some more emotion to her expression like in the actual video. This started from the idea that I liked her outfit, the white mage robe she is wearing in those scenes. But you're right, It would be nice to make her have that playful look in her eyes next time.

I want to make love to your mad skills

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post
    Well no one has ever said that to me before xD. Thanks!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Absolutely love that Vincent. Great great great great great.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Midorisa View Post
    Well no one has ever said that to me before xD. Thanks!
    I think everyone here has a boner for your skills

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Quinothy P. Buttflakes View Post
    Absolutely love that Vincent. Great great great great great.
    Thank you, I'm so happy to hear that!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Midorisa View Post
    Well no one has ever said that to me before xD. Thanks!:jess:
    I think everyone here has a boner for your skills :3:
    Yeah I know! infact I do too! No.. just.. wait.. :D

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I like your art so much. It's inspiring. I love the watercolours and the technique you used to do on the piece above, simply beautiful! I can't wait to see more.

Str8 Pimpin'

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I like your art so much. It's inspiring. I love the watercolours and the technique you used to do on the piece above, simply beautiful! I can't wait to see more.
    Thank you, it's so nice to hear that my art can also can inspire other people . I'm working on several pieces at this very moment, so more pics will soon surely follow Also, I finally managed to save up enough money for the new drawing tablet, so I'm quite exited about that as well, as it's very likely that it will boost up my workflow/speed quite a bit. Yay!