Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Midorisa's art thread

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh wow! I like that one a lot.

How did the feather thing go? I know some people struggle with details like feathers or fur. Did you have an issue with that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    Oooo it's so gorgeous! I love the colors and the wings are so pretty.
    Thank you! I actually was a bit unsure if I should make it just blues mainly, or should I add more warmer tones as well to balance it out, maybe add a noon/sunset sky with a hints of yellow/orange/violet. But I left it like this, as I wanted to stop working on this already . Glad you like it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Amazing as always, Midorisa
    Thank you! ^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh wow! I like that one a lot.

How did the feather thing go? I know some people struggle with details like feathers or fur. Did you have an issue with that?
    Thank you! Well I didn't have a big issue with it, but I did paint over some parts up to 2-3 times as I wasn't satisfied with them. But that also applies to some other parts of this painting as well, and I changed and deleted her whole upper outfit once and did her eyes and lips over for the same reason.

Reference always helps and is crucial to use if you're not that familiar with your subject. I looked at some pictures of different bird wings and general bird anatomy and then thought how I would like to stylize them for my painting. I also looked how other artists had stylized feathers and wings for reference.
    Last edited by Midorisa; 04-18-2017 at 08:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Traditional art update!

I finally got myself to do some more traditional ink art. I have a new, adjustable desk now so that is a huge improvement to my drawing posture.
    I hope it will help to get rid off those annoying neck pains while doing traditional work.

This is loosely based on finnish mythology story where the world tree is being cut down and its magical powers are spread across the whole world.
    People prosper but some parts of the tree are found by dark creatures who then make weapons out of them. Laplands hound ironfang is described to be one of them.

So yeah, I wanted to try and illustrate my own version of the character, here it is ^^.
    It's been a while since my last ink drawing so my hand felt a bit shaky

ironfang_by_midorisa-db73ydh.jpg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Oh wow! That detail with ink! I'm very impressed. I struggle with ink. I tend to be a needed Ctrl+Z or eraser artists so I am always very impressed with people who can work with ink well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Oh wow! That detail with ink! I'm very impressed. I struggle with ink. I tend to be a needed Ctrl+Z or eraser artists so I am always very impressed with people who can work with ink well.
    Thank you Freya! Ink is hard for sure, sometimes I have to remind myself when I ink that I can't press ctrl +z . White ink can fix tiny errors but you still have to be very careful. But, it's also very good to do ink drawings for that same reason, you learn to become more accurate and eventually your technique will improve and your lines become better. So I try to keep doing traditional stuff as well and not just digital art.

Awesome! It reminds me of Yoshitaka Amano's art.

Gorgeous stuff here. I'm really taken by your traditional sketches.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndis Highwind View Post
    Awesome! It reminds me of Yoshitaka Amano's art.
    Thanks! Well his art is and has been definitely one of my influences so I suppose that shows even when I'm not doing it intentionally ^^''.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Very nice, as usual! I can confirm the Amano resemblence.
    Thanks Fynn! Still developing my own solid style,so I sort of explore all my influences in my drawings to find the right balance and mixture so to speak ^^.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by >_< View Post
    Gorgeous stuff here. I'm really taken by your traditional sketches.
    Thanks, glad you like my stuff! I'll be sure to keep posting more traditional work, it's nice to have people interested in seeing both mediums here ^^.

Blog Entries

Default Fanart update - FFX Seymour Guado

I've been doing so much originals lately that I really felt like finishing some of the fanart pieces that have been laying around. This was one of those.
    I started this more like an exercise, trying to emulate the FFX game art style quite closely, using screenshots as a reference. It was hard to find a good/clear enough reference for his tattoos though. Anyhow I decided to finish this as I though it would be fun to have some villains painted and finished as well.
    Hope you guys like it and thanks for looking! ^^

ffx___seymour_guado_by_midorisa-db8wb9y.jpg
    Last edited by Midorisa; 05-12-2017 at 07:36 PM.