Thread: "Yer a Wizard Harry!"

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ichigo "Yer a Wizard Harry!"

Been re-reading Harry Potter this last week. I haven't read them in AAAGGGGESSS so it's been nice to revisit them. Pheesh is reading them too, but I've got quite the head start on him now since I've been home alone all weekend.

I finished the first one on Friday and then watched the movie yesterday - the feeeeeelz! Tell you what, the music in those films is top notch 10/10 soundtracks.

Anyway, last night I picked up Chamber of Secrets and the next thing I knew, I was half way through it and it was way past my bedtime. I forgot how funny Lockhart is - movie Lockhart doesn't do him as much justice imo, even though that's one of my favourite movies.

When was the last time you read Arry Potta?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

February-March of last year! So good. ;-; If you're interested in doing a set change, I'll definitely dust off my Bellatrix set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I couldn't choose between Hermione and Luna. Urrrghhhhhh. I'm not a big fan of Emma Watson but she does play Hermione well. Also, while I've been reading I've been hitting up the Harry Potter wiki and reading all the extended profiles of some of the characters now that Pottermore is a thing. McGonagall's man. She is so underrated.

Ooooh, we should do a big EoFF Pottermore sorting and get like, user titles for our houses and stuff. But then I can't be Hermione because I'm a sexy Slytherin.

Did you read that Tom Felton used Pottermore and was sorted into Gryffindor? He tweeted and Rowling replied, telling him she could have told him that years ago but didn't want him to come out of character. Hehe.

massive pic alert

Omg ;_;

Last edited by Night Fury; 02-22-2015 at 04:32 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm also a Slytherin. I WILL get my (Pottermore, I love the design) Slytherin crest at some point.

Blog Entries

I re-read Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality in anticipation for it's ending and re-watched all three A Very Potter Musicals recently (even though I feel a lot of jokes in the first two fall flat) but I haven't read an actual HP book in full for a while now (Sometimes I open one up to check a reference and end up reading a chapter or two)
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I recently read all the ol' HP books again. I finished around the time that I finished my first Harry Potter LP?

I could be one of the many sexy Ravenclaws. Like... Luna. And uh...

...Cho?

But yeah, some of the extra stuff Pottermore has thrown our way has been cool. Some more cool than others. McGonagall's was particularly great.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

McGonagall's stuff was heartbreaking. As was Remus'. I loved the story of how his parents met, though (for those of you who don't know: Remus' mom was a muggle and came upon a boggart that appeared as a man attacking her. Remus' dad saved her but didn't tell her what was going on until much later and let himself look like a hero. xD)

I recently read through them on my kindle in a flurry of nostalgia. I was surprised you could only get them through Pottermore, and they were more expensive than most kindle books, but I grabbed the set anyway.

It was an interesting experience and I found myself swept up in the same enthusiasm I felt when I was first reading them (I think I read everything from Book 3 upwards as they came out, the wait between them was excruciating). I've read many, better-quality books since then and while I found a lot of weaknesses I had never noticed before, the enjoyment far outweighed those weaknesses.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If we do Harry Potter sets then I call Gilderoy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I read them reasonably regularly. Still get excited when I start one.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh wow. I haven't read Harry Potter in a long time. Last time I reread them was just before the last book came out.

I did recently buy a new set of all the books because i abused my old copies to death. I had gotten rid of them because my ex wife had good copies I could read if I wanted. Now I have my own again.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

We marathoned the movies a few months ago.

God they're such a major snooze fest.

That's because they're bad movies. The books are way better.

The only way to enjoy HP Movies is with RiffTrax.

"Harry, do as I say". - The entire Harry Potter series summed up in five words".
    I think this should be carved in stone or something, because god damn it, it's so true.

"STILL WAITING ON THAT WATER, HARRY!"
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 02-24-2015 at 03:29 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Have you read the books though Noxy?

I love the movies.
    I actually think Half-Blood Prince was the best of the lot! The direction, the murky colours, the pacing, the dialogue, the acting... superb!

For those who don't know, starting October this year, they are re-releasing all seven books with not just new covers but new illustrated pages! They will re-release one book per year. There's a few samples from Philosopher's Stone online somewhere, and they look amazing! Movie-wise, it looks like a cross between Prisoner of Azkaban and the David Yates films. It looks more real than cartoony, but is still fantastical in nature. They look beautiful. I will happily re-buy these books!

Here's the link:
    http://www.cnet.com/news/magical-ima...-books-appear/