Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round burger patties

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow, my point went way over some heads apparently. You guys need to up your reflexes to Drax level.

The point I was making is that shape is important. Making a pasta ball like that is absurd, and you guys focused on that absurdity too much rather than realising that's the point I was making. As for overcooking and undercooking, yes, you can cook beef to different levels, but let's just assume that both pasta and beef were both cooked to the ideal level - like a good chef WOULD ensure.

Now, the pasta ball is absurd, nobody eats something shaped like that.

The beef patty should be seen as absurd, nobody should want something shaped like that. If it's supposed to be squished down, then they may as well just have squished it down for you at the time of serving.

Regarding juices, it shouldn't make a difference so long as the patty is of a decent thickness. If you want it to be juicy all the way through, that can be done with a flat patty. Ditto with no juice. Ditto with having a pinker center. All of these things can definitely be done if you cook it right. Some things will require faster cooking, some will require more heat, but whatever you're after it can likely be done. If it needs to be round for fine, particular reasons, whatever. I've never had one of these gourmet burgers where squeezing the burger patty down suddenly made it better. I had to try doing this and it just serves to damage the bun, in some cases breaking the bun or the juices pouring out of the bun.

EDIT: I agree with Phil regarding complex and good not being mutually exclusive. I've just never had a gourmet burger that actually had this round beef patty enhance the taste. Every time I feel it would have been better with a flat patty. I've enjoyed the burgers alright regardless on most occasions but I still get annoyed that it could have been made better by going flatter. Complex is good though. Complex means I can have pineapple, beetroot, egg and salad on my Kiwiburger and love it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm going to make you a round burger one day and you're going to love it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I probably will, but I'll probably have this lingering thought in the back of my mind that it would have been even better if the burger patty was flat.

Blog Entries

But a round burger os just a freaking meatball

Amirite!?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Pretty much!

Almost any size will do. But the really big giants like 2-6 feet in diameter and 5 inchs fat is one that I can't finish in one sitting.
    Ride with the steel and the power of the sword.
    Stand up and fight now and forever more.
    Rise through the night sky with daylight's desire.
    To be free there must be Black Fire.
    Black Fire by DragonForce. \m/