View Poll Results: YAY OR NAY? IT SAYS IT IN THE TITLE!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • YAY

16 84.21%
  • NAY

1 5.26%
  • I don't give a $#! ¥ as long as there's a world map

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fast Travel in Final Fantasy XV: Yay or Nay?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

I wouldn't say that levels will be inconsequential. I'm pretty sure that if you use the car all the the time to avoid enemy encounters then you're going to start struggling at some point.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Seems like I'm the only one who dislikes fast travel. I much prefer just a really fast way of travelling rather than an instant way. Just give the poor guys an airship!

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Seems like I'm the only one who dislikes fast travel. I much prefer just a really fast way of travelling rather than an instant way. Just give the poor guys an airship!
    I agree with you, I much preferred the PS1 FF's where you could just fly places relatively quick with the airship. Fast travel's always kind of broke the immersion for me.

Everything about this game continues to remind me of Xenoblade, so I'd be down for a similar warping system. Though I certainly wouldn't complain to having an airship again, as long as I actually get to fly it. If it's just another excuse for warping here and there on the map like FFX, just don't bother

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Fast Travel is one of those things you absolutely NEED.... in a game such as 10 or 13. Before 10 you had an airship with lots of small areas, and you could get from point A to point B without wasting time. Compare going from the North Cave to Midgar in 7, for example, compared to Zanarkand and Besaid in 10. It's a hop, skip and a jump in the former, but hours of running without instant teleportation in the latter.

If 15 really is going the full 8 route as suggested, then instant travel is superfluous.

Personally, I favour the older way. Exploring is fun. But the existence of a World Map as a distinct area is key.

ฺBetter have it, but it should be player's choice to use it or not.