Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XV Chocobos!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Final Fantasy XV Chocobos!

The Active Time Report was this morning in London. Community manager Dan Seto welcomed Hajime Tabata, marketing director Akio Ofuji, and translator Gavin. Reviewing features of both Final Fantasy Type-0 and Final Fantasy XV, they finally showed off the Chocobos!

Among other things as well, of course. We fans are kind of obsessed with Chocobos so that's the important part, right?

Thanks to our friends over at Final Fantasy Network, we are able to get a summary of the Report in regards to the Final Fantasy XV demo Episode Duscae:

• In the current demo, you won’t be able to use just one weapon for all your combos; the team wants you to think about using different weapons.
    • Of course, the team will be taking feedback from fans on Episode Duscae – including the combat.
    • Are there equippable armor and accessories? Not in the demo – but in the final version.
    • You can use the car on main roads, but off-road you’ll need to walk or use a chocobo. Other modes of transport, perhaps a train can be used.

• The more attacks you evade by holding the guard button, the quicker your MP is depleted — so you can’t rely on it to dodge everything.
    • Skilled players can use precise timing for blocks and evasions (uses less MP).
    • You’ll be able to customize the control scheme in the final game. The team wants to hear feedback on customization options.
    • They want fans to use one control scheme in Episode Duscae and consider the feedback from various experiences.

• In Episode Duscae, the level cap for characters is 99. You don’t have to level that much, but you can!
    • This feature is included for dedicated players who want to outlevel and overwhelm encounters. The level cap in the final game has yet to be decided.
    • Tabata-san says Ignis is from a different part of the world than the rest of the party – so he has a different accent.
    • The team shows live gameplay from the Xbox One version of Episode Duscae.

• Pre-recorded video of dungeon footage. The transition from overworld to dungeon is seamless.
    • The team wants to create a sense of fear in dungeons present in early Final Fantasy games.
    • The hitstun on abilities has been hastened based on fan feedback.
    • There’s an advanced guard technique you can use by collecting Phantom Swords that uses no MP.

• A “World of Wonder” video is shown that takes a look at the various wildlife inhabiting the Duscae region.
    • The demo area is just a part of the Duscae region, it’s bigger than that in the final version. It includes populated areas and ruins.
    • The final game is estimated to be around 10x the size of the -entire- Duscae region.
    • No large towns in the demo, but there will be in the full game. Comical NPCs are out there, Tabata says “look for a certain couple”.
    • Chocobos are in the demo, but you can’t ride them just yet. The system couldn’t be completed in time.
    What do you think about all this new info! Are you buying Type-0 on day one to enjoy all these goodies? Are you excited about the black chocobos!?
    Last edited by Freya; 02-26-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Not sure if it's just bad screenshots or the graphics not being ready yet or anything, but the chocobos don't look very clean. I love the overall design, though, it's exactly how I tend to envisage chocobos - very similar to the FFVII/FFT designs.

Regarding the other info, interesting that FFXV will see you being able to get to L99 in the demo.

While I'm extremely confident that I'll enjoy the game, my biggest worry is that it won't feel like a Final Fantasy game. A lot of what they are saying in that last little bit has relieved me a little, and I hope it ends up feeling this way. Especially comical characters, they definitely need that kind of stuff. Everything so far has been serious (bar the stuff that isn't in the game, like catcam and dogcam).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

those are terrifying

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

They're hideous.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They look really fluffy to be honest.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think it's the eyes that really make them look a bit ugly more than anything.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I like them

I like the whole "sense of fear" in the dungeons thing. I get that in Dragon Age sometimes. Like, "It's dark and scary and I don't have a ton of potions, should I venture in? OH GOD A SPIDER CREATURE OH GOD. Okay.... it's dead... do I go further or go get more potions...." Kinda thing.

Forget the chocobos...I want to ride that Behemoth!
    Probably my favorite of the regular FF fiends and it looks so badass here.

I am quite liking everything I've seen of XV so far. The world looks so alive and engrossing and the animations of the animals and characters is so realistic.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

ew

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    ew
    What the Behemoth or the demon possessed chocobos (seriously, what's with those eyes...)?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
    ew
    What the Behemoth or the demon possessed chocobos (seriously, what's with those eyes...)?
    Legend tells it that there's a mystical black Chocobo that can turn people to stone with a single glare and a well tuned kweh.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Good choice of Chocobo. Rivers and mountains will be mere puddles and stones before us! Hope there aren't any oceans though, they'll still be a problem.

Honestly regarding the wildlife trailer thing... it all looks interesting, and pretty and full of life, but then again so did XIII. It's just not what I really care about in these games. Final Fantasy VII didn't get by on its exotic fauna. It's the second best game in the series and put you up against nonsense like this

Last edited by Fox; 02-26-2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Fixing a paradox that threatened the universe

<- this is me except like with the energy of a billion exploding suns

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think it's the eyes that really make them look a bit ugly more than anything.
    Yeah, I agree. I just watched the video (didn't notice it there before) and I like the actual design of the Chocobo. The eyes just make it look less friendly.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

With those eyes this theme is what will probably play when you ride them...