View Poll Results: How do you feel about XV so far?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • So excited I’ll preorder Type-0 just for the demo

8 33.33%
  • It is ok, I’ll get this game eventually

5 20.83%
  • I like it so far but would like to see more to decide

5 20.83%
  • Don’t like it so far but would like to see more to decide

3 12.50%
  • It is bad, I won’t be getting this game

1 4.17%
  • Other (please elaborate)

2 8.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Based on what we have seen so far, how do you feel about XV?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I realize this is all opinion but it looks SUPER Final Fantasy-ish to me, something about the character design just screams FF to me ahaha. You can identify an FF character from like a mile away.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    The focus was not boobs.
    If they didn't want it to be a focus point, they wouldn't have included it. The fact that it was a point the image maker felt was necessary at all in the image is enough reason for me to roll my eyes at it.

Lol boobs isn't a Final Fantasy thing. It's just a Japanese video game thing. They always have the 'boobs character' in the Tales series too.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Also I don't get how FFXV is "basically FFVII, VIII and IX".
    The open world, The realism (8 was probably the most realistic before XV came along) the car, the romance between Stella and Noctis, Tabata actually stating thing like

“For 15 we’re very much trying to make a big expansive open world and in a way move back to that more primitive, more visceral, direct emotional satisfaction you get from just walking around the world and exploring, finding new areas and things.
    “It’s moved away from the very story-driven, character-driven ideas that were present in a series like XIII, which basically drags the player around to places where the story needs them to go. It’s basically moving back to games closer to 8, or maybe the ones previous to 8 where you’ve got an open world to explore. We’re definitely trying to go in that direction with 15.”

"The kind of Final Fantasy I want to make, it’s one where you feel this is a real living breathing world and these things could exist in real life."

They definitely seem to be forgetting everything from IX onwards, which is a great idea imo!

Hope they don't forget too much about IX! As we've established, IX is objectively the best Final Fantasy and democratically the second best Final Fantasy! So we don't want to ignore it for sure!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Also I don't get how FFXV is "basically FFVII, VIII and IX".
    The open world, The realism (8 was probably the most realistic before XV came along) the car, the romance between Stella and Noctis

“For 15 we’re very much trying to make a big expansive open world and in a way move back to that more primitive, more visceral, direct emotional satisfaction you get from just walking around the world and exploring, finding new areas and things
    Ok, I see your point about the realism. Other than that though I still don't think we know enough about FFXV to say it's "basically" anything other than FFXV. We have next to no info on the real ins and outs of FFXV's story, so I just think it's hard to compare the romance between Squall and Rinoa to Noctis and a character that might or might not even exist anymore. As for the open world, that was relevant for all games before VIII as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Hope they don't forget too much about IX! As we've established, IX is objectively the best Final Fantasy and democratically the second best Final Fantasy! So we don't want to ignore it for sure!
    Here, here! Or hear, hear? Either or xD
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

9 is the best :P

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    I remember the E3 2013 trailer, it seemed so interesting, so coherent, such a strong vision. But everything surrounding Episode Duscae has kinda called that into question again. I also don't think it helps that there's been so much discussion about going on a road trip with your buddies I have very little idea what the actual premise of the story is. Remember that old dude from the E3 trailer who wore a cape? Who's he? What kingdom is Noctis prince of again? We're going on this road trip to... where are we going again? That stuff with the city being attacked by Leviathan, Magitek armour, buildings collapsing, the daring escape from a raging tsunami... what's going on with that side of things?
    I remember that trailer and all those things too. I am hoping that they are sort of holding off on that for now until the demo is released (since the demo won't feature any of those things) and then we will get a more holistic view of the game in the form of gameplay footage and such. I certainly hope so because at this point, comparisons to other upcoming titles are inevitable and what Monolith Soft and CD Projekt are doing to showcase their upcoming games (Xenoblade X and The Witchter III respectively) is much more compelling and informative as it gives you a better sense of what the game has to offer; and those games haven't been in development for as long as XV has.

For example here is a gameplay demonstration of Xenoblade X from 8 months ago...

And one of The Witcher III from 6 months ago...

Of course, I am more excited for XV than I am for these games, but shouldn't we be seeing this level of footage and detail about XV at this point?
    Just gonna pop in quickly and point out that these two games are both coming out in the next couple of months. Right now, FFXV doesn't have a release date. I agree with anyone who says that FFXV has been in development for too long, but regardless of that until we have a release date for FFXV and we're within a couple of months of it being released, then we shouldn't expect the kind of stuff you're seeing in those trailers. The trailers we have seen recently are for the demo alone, which doesn't feature towns etc. and will basically be designed for people to get a feel for the controls and, more importantly, to sell copies of Type-0 to the masses. In the end, it's just a very minor demo.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    The focus was not boobs.
    If they didn't want it to be a focus point, they wouldn't have included it. The fact that it was a point the image maker felt was necessary at all in the image is enough reason for me to roll my eyes at it.
    I felt it was included more in response to the Cindy backlash of "Oh wow look how scantily clad she is". The image reminds us that scantily clad women in FF is not news. It's just that this time she's in HD.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    The focus was not boobs.
    I felt it was included more in response to the Cindy backlash of "Oh wow look how scantily clad she is". The image reminds us that scantily clad women in FF is not news. It's just that this time she's in HD.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metagloria View Post
    The focus was not boobs.
    And no one involved in said 'backlash' thought it was anything new either. On the contrary, the fact that it wasn't news is what further fueled said backlash to begin with. So mentioning that there were scantily clad women in the past is pointless as it only highlights the glaring problem that people are trying to shine a light on in the first place.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

All I know is that I already wasn't impressed with the image and its picking and choosing what it wanted to show off as "totes Final Fantasy!!!11!" and then when they threw in the boobs thing, my eyes rolled themselves away into orbit.

If someone honestly thinks that boobs is something that makes a Final Fantasy game a Final Fantasy game... I just don't even know why it had to be included.

All I know is that I already wasn't impressed with the image and its picking and choosing what it wanted to show off as "totes Final Fantasy!!!11!" and then when they threw in the boobs thing, my eyes rolled themselves away into orbit.

If someone honestly thinks that boobs is something that makes a Final Fantasy game a Final Fantasy game... I just don't even know why it had to be included.
    Noooo boobs is not what makes FF a FF it's just saying the same thing as the car comparison: Cars have been in FF before, so have boobs.

Are we already forgetting the "Since when has cars been in a final fantasy?!?!?!?!" comment all over the internet?
    Seriously every damn article I read about the game someone somewhere makes the comment, that's deserving of a true eye roll

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

The image was showing why FFXV "feels" more like an old FF game.

Basically, nobody will be able to defend its inclusion in this image, because it is completely unnecessary.

Final Fantasy XV has the feel of Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus feel in it combine with Type-0 and mix with Kingdom Hearts a bit... I mean the Action-RPG stuff, not the shooting for FFVII DoC.
    Graphic is absolutely stunning... Of course... Next Gen graphic
    I still don't understand how the battle system really works though. I think if I could guess. Final Fantasy XV become more of an Action-RPG rather than the classic Final Fantasy. Not it's like a bad thing or anything. It's good actually. But I hope they will make some more ATB system for future Final Fantasy game.
    I already got some line up of Action-RPG, but I like classic Final Fantasy better (I mean the ATB system and stuff).
    Wait Action-RPG or Action-JRPG?

But this is my opinion

Edit : I hope they release it for PC too Don't want to go out of topic to much
    Last edited by DanielCLFFF13; 03-05-2015 at 02:39 PM.