Thread: Power/Rangers

Blog Entries

Default Power/Rangers

There are no words for how obsessed I am with this.

I love it and I think it's brilliant... And I'm not even a fan of bloody movies at all really.

I think it's a good progression of the original rangers for the older fans who grew up with them, though I don't particularly like how the rangers end up.

I really want an adult grittier full on PR movie now haha

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This seemed more like an anti-fandom. The characters we all came to love are killed off one by one. Its mindlessly gratuitous girl on girl action, cocaine use, and violence is so over the top in an effort to make it grittier. The director needs to take a cue from Nolan on how to do more realistic and grittier portrayals of existing media and still make it good. Power Rangers is still existing and is still geared towards children. I don't see a more adult version happening anytime soon -- Bandai would not approve it and they did not approve this one.

Also didn't like the costume design. It was a bit too bulky which would make it harder to fight and do acrobatics. The only thing I enjoyed apart from the color correction, was James Van Der Beek who was pretty good. I haven't seen him in a role this dark since The Rules of Attraction.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't listen to Shiny.

This is wonderful and I love it. I've seen it like, six times in the last few days.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

Khan said himself that it's meant to be satirical, but also to be taken kind of seriously.

It's a children's franchise, I get that entirely. But I love that this gears towards us older fans who grew up with the original Power Rangers (cuz let's face it... After Kimberly & Trini left, it sucked).

There IS a Power Rangers reboot coming out next year via Lionsgate that has Saban/Bandai approval & supposedly has Meryl Streep, Liam Hemsworth, and Chloe Moretz cast in it... Along with Jason David Frank making an appearance.

Either way, I love this so much. Carla Perez reprised her role as Rita Repulsa, which I also think is awesome.

I simply can't get enough of it. I think it's awesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It was fun to watch, but not something I'd want to see the actual film end up as. I love how many people didn't get that it was satire.

Wait, Chloe Moretz is going to be in the new Power Rangers movie?

-spends money-

Blog Entries

Supposedly she's cast as Kimberly