Thread: Does anyone play this game on PS3?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Does anyone play this game on PS3?

What has been your experience? Have you played it on computer to compare?

If I ever play this game it will be on PS3 for two reason: I don't have the money to buy a gaming computer, but a PS3 is doable and keyboard gaming is really hard and uncomfortable to me (I think maybe because I have little hands?)

A lot of people I know remark how they think this game would be impossible on a console, and I was curious if anyone here had actually done so and what they thought about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I play it on the PS3. I haven't played on the computer to compare, but it's fine. I do need to unplug my keyboard from my computer and plug it in to the PS3 for chatting and stuff (and a few of the starting missions where they want you to type) because it's just way too slow using the controller. Other than that I really don't have any complaints

Make sure you have a big enough TV

1. Definitely make sure you have a big enough TV;

2. Have some way of typing, either an external keyboard or a TextPad;

3. Don't play as a healer. I'm not really saying this from experience because I played an archer/bard, but the targeting mechanics make it seem like being an effective healer would be MUCH more difficult on a console than on a PC.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I played the beta on the PS3, and it was fine. I don't think I could go back to it after doing it on PC for so long, but I didn't have an issue at the time.

Do not play this on PS3. Either use your PC or get a PS4.

It runs like absolute trout on PS3. A lot of important content will lag so much, some of it won't even show up on your screen, and you will just overall have a worse experience because they cut out a lot of important immersive elements. However, this game runs like a dream on PS4, so go for that if you don't have a PC to run it!

Keep in mind you will probably be better off having a mouse and keyboard on the PS4, and setting it up to play with that instead of a gamepad. You may prefer a gamepad, and that's fine, but I feel like you can be much more responsive with legacy controls on a keyboard and mouse setup.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    It runs like absolute trout on PS3. A lot of important content will lag so much, some of it won't even show up on your screen, and you will just overall have a worse experience because they cut out a lot of important immersive elements.
    I could never, ever see Svara during that fate in Coerthas. I never experienced terrible lag outside of that though; dungeons and other major fights all ran smoothly.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Blog Entries

I played on PS3 for the longest until we got a PS4.

If I were you, I'd save a little more money and get a PS4.

The difference is incredible. With PS3, I noticed that while fighting treants and other large beasts, the camera was really jerky/laggy (if that makes sense). Zooming out helped a tad bit with it, but still.

The graphics are so much smoother & better quality on PS4.

The only thing I'm still kind of getting used to is the select pad on the controller. If you run your thumb over it without clicking, it turns into an actual cursor on the screen and you have to click it to fix.

Works fine for me on the PS3. Zero lag whatsover in my experience so far. Controls are fine too, easy to switch between things.

I did own the game. Played it for a week before I decided I wanted to move on to greener pastures.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I started with the PS3 and eventually moved to the PS4. As long as you have a keyboard and mouse for typing with a PS version it isn't too bad, but the PS3 limits how much you can see on your screen and has increased loading times (not just between zones but new objects appearing on your screen). It's okay if it's an only option but if possible go for another version.

Blog Entries

How much is a PS3? a budget build gaming PC really isn't that much..