Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #109

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #109

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we showed off enough art pieces to cover two articles, and this week we'll see another set of artists with their creations on display. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Terra - Final Fantasy VI by tgomes9

This is Thiago's first FanArt for Final Fantasy and also the first Final Fantasy FanArt to feature in this fantastic Final Fantasy FanArt Friday showcase! Cor, say that out loud five times fast... anyway, the Brazilian artist has certainly done an incredible job on the FFVI star. The elfish look to the face, the expert work on the complex yet beautifully designed clothing and the superb work on the shading really make this piece shine.

Knight and Sorceress by AgentPummel

Valentines Day may be in the past now, but love is most certainly still in the air in this piece by AgentPummel, who makes it two weeks in a row in our showcase! The one thing I adore more than anything else in this art piece is the flow of colours from top left to bottom right - it really works to great effect! The rest of the image is touching, from the pose, the smile on Squall's face (a rare thing to see!), the cute little heart bubble, the feathers flowing in the wind... just a really lovely, warm picture!

zzZZzz by imalilmog

If the previous image wasn't adorable enough for you, now you can deal with cute overload. That's all I can really say about this image - I saw it and I thought "THAT IS SO FREAKING CUTE". I had to put it in the showcase, how could I not!? This is the internet and when the internet has cute, that cute must go viral, and I'm doing my bit. So much cutes.

[FF9]you're not alone by mr-rukan-san

Garnet and Zidane certainly don't have to worry about being alone in this beautiful work of art. They are well and truly together, and with the attire and pose, it looks like they're in the middle of their first dance at the inevitable wedding reception! Clearly these two have eyes for nobody but each other. when Zidane owns one set of those eyes, knowing his flirting ways with the ladies, the princess has certainly carried out a momentous task in getting him to focus on her! Exquisite artwork, everything is just right.

Final Fantasy Artwork by MircoGravina

Of course, if the previous two weren't alone, this collection of modern Final Fantasy protagonists are having a party! Noctis, Lightning, Noel, Serah, Rem and Machina make up the half-dozen heroes, and wouldn't that be a party worth playing as? Certainly enough to knock any random villain off their perch. With Type-0 just around the corner, not to mention the XV demo that comes with it, I'm sure we'll all be getting some first-hand experience to see just which of these characters is our personal favourite. Kudos to Mirco for this excellent traditional artwork full of colour and character.

I'll Show You How Lightning Strikes by RachniQueen (cosplay) and Saturn 7 Photography (photography)

It's Cosplay of the Week! RachniQueen is ready to show you just how Lightning really strikes, weapon held high above her head. The costume work on this cosplay has been done extremely well, and the cosplayer herself captures the clean beauty of Lightning excellently. Of course, a good cosplay needs a great photographer, and Saturn 7 have clearly done themselves and the Mass Effect loving model proud. If you like this work, be sure to check out her Facebook page too!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ever done any FF moe pics?

The Terra's head's a little too big, but it's a knockout piece of artwork otherwise.

And the FF8 piece is adorable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair...

...you could argue the head is too small. Looks about right to me in the art in the showcase, though. :o
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!