Thread: Already annoyed!

Default Already annoyed!

Really, game? You put in my first town, full of characters to talk to, places to explore, shops to walk into, and you can't let me save?! There are two save points and I can't get to them. Oh, sure, make go through a tutorial on License Board and then let me save. Oh, wait, now I can't go back!

You know, game, sometimes I don't have two hours to spare all the time. Access to save points would be peachy! Gotta go through all those cut-scenes again from the last save point when I have those two hours! I wanna explore in my own time, darnit!

EDIT: I'm probably over-reacting. I mean, getting that tomato monster (can't believe I just typed that ) probably takes like two minutes, and then I can go back. Or maybe not. I haven't touched the game in a good while since I got back home. Still, it wasn't a good time to leave my hanging. And I didn't even equip or buy anything. So yeah, I was a little peeved.
    Last edited by Electroshock Therapy; 02-27-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Now that you mention it, I retried this game about four months back when we got our component cables to play PS2 and Wii in higher definition than the cables they come with. And I kinda recall having this issue myself. I played it on a day off so it didn't matter so much. But that is pretty ridiculous design

Sadly the game still didn't grab my attention outside of that problem anyway, so for me I guess it's a moot point. But I still agree with you :P

Well, as it turns out, once I entered the Eastern section with the save point, I could re-enter the city and explore if I wanted to. I had to talk to the guard and stand in line.

Anyway, I think I overreacted a bit. I had a bad day, I tried to cool down by trying out this game. I got a call and had to leave. That's when I spent several minutes trying to find a save point. I was thinking, "This is a town, not a dungeon! I should be able to take my time and save when I want to." And when the guard said he'll lock the gate and the door didn't have the action icon, that's when I became annoyed with the game. Looking back, it was a weird thing to get truly annoyed about.

I restarted now that I'm feeling better. I explored and talked to everyone. So far, I'm really enjoying it.

I just had a bad and busy day.

Yeah stuff like that can happen sometimes, there have been some situations where I've overreacted in the same way even playing games i absolutely love. Nice to hear you are liking the game now XII is really great and has a very cool, vast and lively open world to explore. I've probably said it a billion times already but I cannot wait for SE to give us a HD remaster soon!

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's good you have that exploration mindset, as the game totally rewards you for just going out and seeing how much of the world you can discovery and chart out on your map.

Just be advised, because of this, the Mark Hunt sidequests, and the overall size of some of the dungeons, there might be vast stretches where you get no story at all and the plot might get a little fuzzy. Because of this, FFXII has a terrible reputation in terms of pacing and even story, although there is a very good one there once you piece it together.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Egami View Post
    I've probably said it a billion times already but I cannot wait for SE to give us a HD remaster soon!
    Me too, so I can see what a save point looks like in FFXII. I'll be damned if I remember.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

This game is basically a niche title with a blockbuster budget and it has these little niche title annoyances.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I just started playing this one again with the girlfriend, and so far I'm liking it much better.

I really liked the game to begin with, but I just hated the combat system.

I still don't like it that much at all, but it's not actively grating on me. I just hope once I have more than one character in my party I'll still feel the same generally smaller levels of annoyance than I have in the past.

I just got Penelo in my party. I'm just having fun exploring the place, and I'll finally cover more ground with a second member. There's so much to explore in the beginning! I've spent 5.5 hours in the game, and most of it was just messing around.

I love how there's a side-quest to killing monsters. You not only get information on the monster (apart from HP and stats, but that's what Libra's for), but you get some history of the world too. And I think some give you side-quest information, too. The extra content for the Flowering Cactoid said something about collecting needles. If that actually comes to anything, cool. If not, whatever. I just like the detail.

"I'm already annoyed" has turned into "I'm already loving this game!" Even if the story turns out crap (although I hear it's one of modern FF best), I just like the world and exploration. I hope it keeps up.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

We just got Penelo too, and we're off to (eventually) find a sunstone. Right now we're just wandering around beating up on rabbits and such.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't like it the first time I played but now it's one of my favourites! I'm replaying it again with sharky like he said. You'll probably pass us pretty quickly, we're not going very fast

I also love the bestiary details

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

ive just started this game and may be my 5th favourite ( which means it even beats 7 and 10...) i really like all the characters so far ( even Vaan) and the music is cool. the game reminds of star wars alot. that save problem though, if i wasnt 17 with time to spare i could probably understand the problem more.