Thread: Free Trial Account

Default Free Trial Account

Hello everyone,

I decided to install the free trial from Steam. Supposedly, you get prompted to register a trial account in the launcher, but I can't see it anywhere. This is also what it says on their website, so I tried to download the installer both from the website and from Steam. Can't seem to find it online, so I believe it's only possible from the launcher..

Now here is the thing. I admit that I already installed and registered a trial account earlier this month. But I never got time to play so the trial expired before I got to actually play the game. ...Is it possible that they're basing the trial on IP address? Because last time it worked perfectly fine, but now I just don't see the option anywhere, even if I'm signed out. Last time was through Steam, and this time I installed from their website. Shouldn't really matter unless they're actually auto-checking the IPs. Obviously I would use a different e-mail for the new trial but it seems like they're keeping tabs on me. lol

It really sucks because I would love to try the game before deciding to buy a pay2play game.

(I've tried installing both from Steam and their website but I still can't see the trial registration anywhere.)

I downloaded the trial registration (demo) from the PSN store.

Trial registration is just making a Square Enix account on their website; way easier. When I linked it to my PSN they said this is a one time non reversible thing. So maybe it's the same concept with Steam?

Maybe make a new steam account?

Edit: For some reason it works now! Didn't have to use Steam either.
    Last edited by Ayu; 03-02-2015 at 03:21 PM.