Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus March Lineup

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default Playstation Plus March Lineup

So I figured it would be good to have one of these threads every month or so and give our thoughts on the monthly free games and if they are worth playing/downloading, I read somewhere that the EU and NTSC America have different line ups, but I don't know if thats true anymore.

Anyways for this month we have the following games:

Quote Originally Posted by Playstation Blog
    New PlayStation 4 Content for March:

First up this month on PS4, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty. Explore ancient ruins, dodge carnivorous beasts and avoid trigger-happy hunting parties as Abe, the original Oddworld hero in this lovingly re-crafted take on PlayStation classic Abe’s Oddysee.

Once a happy floor waxer in Oddworld’s biggest meat processing plant, Abe stumbles across his boss’s secret plan to turn the factory’s slave labour force into the latest in the RuptureFarms Tasty Treats line of novelty meat snacks. Abe now has to save his own skin from the grinders even if simply escaping the flesh farm is only the start of his Oddysee.

Next up, a story of love and crossed destinies in a world torn apart. In Valiant Hearts: The Great War, the lives of all the characters are inextricably drawn together over the course of the game. Friendship, love, sacrifice, and tragedy befall each one as they help each other to retain their humanity against the horrors of war.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New PlayStation 3 Content for March:

First up this month on PS3 enter the story of a young boy, Quico, and his best friend, Monster in Papo and Yo. Monster is a huge beast with razor-sharp teeth, but that doesn’t scare Quico away from playing with him. Build your friendship with Monster by solving puzzles together and adventuring through a magical, surrealist world. You will need to learn to use Monster’s emotions, both good and bad, to your advantage if you want to complete your search for a cure and save your pal.

Next up is your chance to step into the shoes of the legendary Sherlock Holmes using your detective talents to six thrilling cases including murders, missing persons, spectacular thefts and numerous investigations that sometimes lead you into the realms of the fantastic.

The great freedom of action in Sherlock Holmes Crimes & Punishments allows you to conduct your investigations in the manner you deem appropriate. Choose the leads you wish to pursue, interrogate your suspects and, from your deductions, name the guilty parties… and determine their fate wisely, as surprising consequences may arise where you least expect them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New PS Vita Content for March:

First up this month the sequel to a monster PS VITA / PS3 title which we can’t get enough of at PlayStation. OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood has a stunning new look, plucking you from the street and dropping you squarely in the middle of the big screen’s most bodacious cinematic locations.

The sequel boasts all new Ramps and Epic Hills allowing for monster air and multi-route levels. Furthermore, OlliOlli 2′s combo system has been expanded. The joy of Manuals, Reverts, Revert Manuals and Grind Switching giving you more control and expression than ever before.

Finally, CounterSpy is up for grabs. Take on the role of a spy working for the C.O.U.N.T.E.R. agency and use your espionage and combat skills to infiltrate the lairs of two global forces – each with their own dastardly plans to nuke the moon from orbit. As the warring superpowers face off in this twisted space race, jump into action to stealthily sabotage their devious schemes and maintain world peace.

As CounterSpy is Cross Buy, you can pick up this dangerously addictive title across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita, enjoy!
    For those of you who wish to watch the trailers of said games here they are:

I don't have a Vita so I cant say much about the last two games (although that OlliOlli games looks incredibly addictive) but I am super hyped to get my hands on New n Tasty!!!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Nice, was meaning to pick up both Odd World and Valiant Hearts at some point. Getting them for free is even better!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's been a very long time since I saw an actually good retail game on PSN+ for PS3 now.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It's been a very long time since I saw an actually good retail game on PSN+ for PS3 now.
    Yakuza 4 was on the free list last month.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Only one I'm really interested in is OlliOlli 2, will play it on the train in tomorrow. I will probably try Valiant Hearts eventually, since I heard it was amazing.

Also, Helldivers just came out today on PSN for all platforms and I can't recommend it enough. I'm playing it on Vita and it's every bit as good as the reviews say it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    I don't have a Vita so I cant say much about the last two games (although that OlliOlli games looks incredibly addictive) but I am super hyped to get my hands on New n Tasty!!!
    OlliOlli (edit: Counter Spy as well) is cross-buy, so you can download it for PS4 as well. That's really the best part about PS+: it's 6 unique games, 2 per platform, but at least 1 or 2 break out across multiple systems, with Vita typically making out the best. There have been a few months where we've gotten 4-5 Vita games, good trout, too, like Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, Proteus etc.
    Last edited by Bolivar; 03-04-2015 at 04:34 AM.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been super interested in Valiant Hearts! I'll definitely have to pick that one up!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This was my incentive to get PS+. Fantastic lineup.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Been playing a lot of OlliOlli 2. It's like California Games from the 8 and 16 bit era, with the finesse of Tony Hawk's glory days and a killer soundtrack. Definitely a must-play on Vita but I recommend editing your HDTV settings for input lag if playing on PS4.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

MissH and I played some of Abe's Odyssey the other night and really enjoyed it. Very tricky in parts but love the style and the humour. We've taken to quoting Abe when we're out and about... not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    MissH and I played some of Abe's Odyssey the other night and really enjoyed it. Very tricky in parts but love the style and the humour. We've taken to quoting Abe when we're out and about... not sure whether that's a good or bad thing.
    FOLLOW ME

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Delighted Valiant Hearts is in there as I've been meaning to buy it. Oh, and Mirage: Dishonored is up next month for PS3. Looking at the reviews, it seems it's pretty good. I've got a few good retail games through it so far, though. Burnout Paradise is probably the best one I've received, although Bioshock Infinite was pretty cool too. I haven't played the PS3 version of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, but it is a great PC game. I'd already bought the other freebie retail games of note, such as Uncharted 3. Not sure about that Metro game as I've never looked into it, but I have that, too.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by MissH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    FOLLOW ME
    OK!

I've only played about half an hour of Olliolli 2 so far, and like Bolivar says it has a great soundtrack. It seems like one of those games that's fun to pick up and play, but difficult to master.

Valiant Hearts looks to be an interesting game. I like the UbiArt style, so I'll check that out when I get the chance. Same goes for New 'n Tasty, though I always did suck at the game on PS1...

...so maybe I'll try CounterSpy first xD

Still only a quarter of the way through inFamous First Light as well.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yakuza 4 was on the free list last month.
    I forgot about that one. Nevertheless, I saw a lot more of them before. Sometimes even multiple good games every month.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I don't think those days are coming back, partly because of the rumors that certain publishers are unhappy with the Instant Game Collection. Despite the fervor for next-gen consoles, retail software sales were in decline for most of last year. Publishers would rather you buy their new games and remaster than add to your back log for a modest cash in with PlayStation Plus payout.

I assume it's easier for Sony to cut a deal with up and coming indies than to cut through all the red tape of the AAA publishers.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think those days are coming back, partly because of the rumors that certain publishers are unhappy with the Instant Game Collection. Despite the fervor for next-gen consoles, retail software sales were in decline for most of last year. Publishers would rather you buy their new games and remaster than add to your back log for a modest cash in with PlayStation Plus payout.

I assume it's easier for Sony to cut a deal with up and coming indies than to cut through all the red tape of the AAA publishers.
    I think it is fair to say that almost every selection that comes out for Instant Game Collection are games that I would never really consider buying. When one pops up that I would be interested in, the likelihood is that I bought it day one over four years ago; Yakuza 4.

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey holds a special place in my heart; it was the first PS1 chipped game I acquired. The irony that I happen to get a remastered version, practically free of charge eighteen years later.