Thread: Heartbreaking...

Default Heartbreaking...

...It is a real heartbreaker for me that I managed to ruin Final Fantasy VI for myself.

Now that I have the trauma associated with the production of my hack (Stand Guard) riding around with me like an albatross around my neck, I can't enjoy the game anymore.

This sucks. How can I get back into this game?

Low level natural magic challenge.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

get a sprite editor and change the people into funny sprites.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post
    ...It is a real heartbreaker for me that I managed to ruin Final Fantasy VI for myself.

Now that I have the trauma associated with the production of my hack (Stand Guard) riding around with me like an albatross around my neck, I can't enjoy the game anymore.

If you love the game enough, it will get better when the time is right. Nothing you love can be truely ruined.

What was so bad about your hack, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooniest View Post

If you love the game enough, it will get better when the time is right. Nothing you love can be truely ruined.

What was so bad about your hack, if you don't mind me asking?
    People took issue with my inclusion of swear words...but more than that, I just rewrote it however I felt the piece needed rewriting, damn the Japanese script.

People were upset. Also, I knew nothing about design so the first font I used was Comic Sans. People took me to task over that too.

Also, I rewrote a 40+ hour game script by myself for $0. My fingers were numb from so much clicking. The item text editor doesn't use the keyboard, you have to click the characters you want to spell the item name with.

I worked my ass off on it and people hated it, basically.

It's still up (much to my chagrin) at romhacking.net/hacks/794 if you want to check it out.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's a shame. It's really unfair that people would act that way over it. In my mind, it's your version, so you have the right to do it how you want.

I personally wouldn't use swearwords if I was doing it, but like I said it was your version, and I don't see why rewriting it was such a problem to some people - I actually enjoy seeing new fan made ideas of the script.

I might check it out sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    That's a shame. It's really unfair that people would act that way over it. In my mind, it's your version, so you have the right to do it how you want.

I personally wouldn't use swearwords if I was doing it, but like I said it was your version, and I don't see why rewriting it was such a problem to some people - I actually enjoy seeing new fan made ideas of the script.

I might check it out sometime.
    Great! Let me know what you think!

As to the swearing, Im having flashbacks to Star Trek IV...

"Nobody listens to you unless you swear every other word"