Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does everyone think Luna is Stella?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Why does everyone think Luna is Stella?

I'm pretty sure one of the interviews mentioned Luna is a new character, and yet I see people speculating that Luna is actually Stella all the time. I mean, they look alike, but they're different, clearly.

So why don't we use this thread to the discussion we had here some time ago. What do you think happened to Stella, since she hasn't appeared in the trailers for a while (though to be fair, no characters from the whole Lucis confrontation have appeared lately, so I think it's safe to assume she's there with them). A popular theory that I liked was that Luna and Stella are sisters, both part of that whole Tenebrae or whatchamacallit, and that Luna was Noctis' betrothed, but is actual love interest and the childhood friend that shares his gift is Stella.

Thoughts?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

probably cause they look alike

they have the whole star theme name thing

I think they are sisters.

What do you think happened to Stella, since she hasn't appeared in the trailers for a while
    This is why people think Luna is Stella. Because Luna has showed up, Stella hasn't, and they look similar. Similar enough to be well within the realms of 'character redesign'. Now, I don't think they're the same. Seems weird to get people invested in a character just to arbitrarily change their name. I concur that they are probably sisters.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still holding out for info on brunette girl. Kinda worried she's going to get dropped or something

Not sure what happened to Stella. They seem to want to focus on the core gentlemen characters

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Probably because of the fact that she looks extremely similar to Stella and we haven't seen or heard of Stella since the game got rebranded, unless you count that one image of all the faces from the end of the E3 2013 trailer.

Although I suppose the little girl in the beginning of that same trailer who's shown running with Noctis and the voice we hear telling him to live his own life etc. could be Stella. Or Luna. Who knows.
    I like Kung-Fu.

In my opinion,

Luna is Noctis' betrothed/engaged lover. She is also his majesty the prince's childhood friend and their families are politically tied, with strong alliance. However, at an early point in the game, Luna's kingdom was either destroyed or taken over by (I presume) Niflheim. After that she has been on the run for the remainder of the game. Noctis has not met her ever since.

When the peace treaty was established, Noctis meets a new blonde haired girl at the party (with Noct in a suit) named Stella. The familiarity of the hair makes Noct 'think' it was Luna. Thus he was heading towards her on the upper floor in front of that Etro Goddess painting. But, when she turned around, there was this moment where Noct finally realized it was a different girl altogether (that slow mow scene where she turns). Thus, the conversation becomes awkward. I can actually see Noct turning away immediately as Stella began to speak to him. This is an indication of 2 things:
    1) He got the wrong person and
    2) Nomura has stated that Noct is very 'shy' towards people who are not close to him, making him reluctant at first to speak to her. But he easily warms up to her to cover up that shyness and tries to 'act cool' by splurting jokes about giving 'nightmares' to her.

As for Stella, the scene where they were about to fight in a standoff is probably while Lucis was under attack. Stella either wants to take the Crystal for the benefit of Tenebrae or as allegiance towards Niflheim. Thus, making her reluctant to fight him, but inevitably has to.

At this point also, I think Noct defeated her in that battle. She says something like, "don't worry about me, live your own life'..... Thus, establishing that factor where they are 'unfortunate' enemies.

I also imagine, once Noct was on the run, Luna contacted him (finally) and asked to meet in Altissia to give him 'something'. I don't know, but I'm going to assume Altissia is a part of the country Accordo (Venice themed country with Leviathan), because the shot with Luna was taken there. There Noct and co met Luna.......and....

There's more to the theory.......but I'll leave it here for now......

Articles
    Blog Entries

They're part of the Les Enfants Terribles project.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Stella is an awful name anyway. Sounds like someone you would speak to in your payroll department.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Probably because of the fact that she looks extremely similar to Stella and we haven't seen or heard of Stella since the game got rebranded, unless you count that one image of all the faces from the end of the E3 2013 trailer.

Although I suppose the little girl in the beginning of that same trailer who's shown running with Noctis and the voice we hear telling him to live his own life etc. could be Stella. Or Luna. Who knows.
    Like I said, we haven't seen any of the evil old folks since E32013 either, and yet no ones questioning their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post

Like I said, we haven't seen any of the evil old folks since E32013 either, and yet no ones questioning their existence.
    And their names are...?

Nobody's questioning the existence of the character we knew as Stella, just her name
    Last edited by Fox; 03-06-2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: ENGLISH DAMMIT

Because, as I have once mentioned, she looks pretty much the same as the changed version of Stella except some extra differences. And that can come from her at least being related to her orher being Stella but being a bit changed once again.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post

And there names are...?

Nobodies questioning the existence of the character we knew as Stella, just her name

Sorry - I'm really sleep-deprived lately

Anyway, I think my point stands, I doubt they would change the name so unceremoniously. I'm still pretty convinced they're different people. Mostly because he similarity between the two doesn't seem like a simple redesign for me. Her eyes are slightly smaller, the jawline is different and the nose is really unmistakably something else. I think they're siblings, but we'll just have to wait and see. Hope it's sooner rather than later.

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

I've always thought they were the same character, she just got a slight redesign like most of the game did moving from PS3 to PS4.

It would be kinda weird if they end up being twins, they dress far too alike. Big Boss and Solid Snake are easier to tell apart then these two! Would be super confusing for people unless they do more to differentiate them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think and hope that they will be different characters. Not certain though, for the reasons others have mentioned. Personally I like Stella better, both name and appearance and the fact that she seems to have a bit more confidence/assertiveness and I like that in my Final Fantasy characters.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I think and hope that they will be different characters. Not certain though, for the reasons others have mentioned. Personally I like Stella better, both name and appearance and the fact that she seems to have a bit more confidence/assertiveness and I like that in my Final Fantasy characters.
    I agree.
    Everyone: -gasp-
    What?