Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Want

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What Do You Want

What do you want to see on television in terms of television programming? Are you in to comedy shows, reality/docu series, or sitcoms? What type of shows do you like and relate to? Moreover, what would you be interested in seeing on a music television network?

This is a consensus I'm doing for a targeted demographic that everyone falls in to.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know what I DON"T want to see. Reality TV. I hate it.

I am a big fan of superhero based shows. Smallville, Arrow, S.H.I.E.L.D, and the like. Also shows along the lines of Archer and Bob's Burgers, you know, adult cartoon humor. Crime Dramas are a hit and miss with me, but I would say I generally enjoy them. I especially enjoy shows like Supernatural and Grimm.

As for what I would want to see on a music television network. Music videos. That is pretty much it. And maybe documentaries about musicians careers. But I certainly don't want a reality show or some trout that doesn't even correlate to music. Looking at MTV's show line-up for today, there is: Catfish - a show about people who only date via skype, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Girl Code - a show about I dunno, sisterhood, Broke A$$ Game Show - a retarded game show of people doing stupid trout, and Ridiculousness - A horrible version of Tosh.0 with troutty host but great skater Rob Dyrdrek.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Fixed-length mini-series that tell overarching stories, like a very long episodic movie. But I don't really watch TV.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Compelling character dramas with interesting settings are what I like. Some of the series I've really liked recently(as in I've watched them recently) have been The Newsroom, True Detective, Walking Dead, Black Sails, Once Upon a Time, and Spartacus. I like the interaction of characters that carry the story more so than the crazy setting they are in. I also like overarching themes or stories throughout a season or series. Their character arcs are important too, such as me disliking a character to only have it grow and thus so does my interest for them. I like said characters to also have a lot of grey to their personalities. I relate with that as the world isn't black and white and if characters are just two sided then I don't relate and I don't tune in. A show can be in whatever setting but it needs compelling character drama for me to get hooked and come back each week.

As a show for a Music Channel, well music obviously but that's long gone from those channels now. If they were looking for a series, sitcom, whatever than I'd suggest something that deals with music. A show about some kids trying to make it as a band and all the drama involved with that. Not even their rise to success just them as a band. Or like the new show Empire, it's all the drama involved with producing music. Something like that. If you really want to get down to it, I'd watch a show about a Art/music school and all the drama with that. Like Gossip Girl but with music students. I would watch that. So character dramas but keep it to the channel's music theme at least.

Blog Entries

Besides sports, I watch "documentary" shows on the History and Discovery channels. For scripted shows I prefer sitcoms.

A show that discuss gaming...

There was one in Indonesian local TV station, but now it's handed some other company. So well basically it's gone....
    now my gaming resources only from internet.

I like to see some more gaming show in TV.

And Anime...........!!!

Totally want to see some more....
    But kinda hopeless since everything... Everything whether movie, tv series, cartoon and anime always dubbed to indonesian.
    I rather watch it online with only subbed.

But since everything that isn't indonesian language get dubbed and also almost all, all movie, TV series, cartoon and anime censored by indonesia, It's really unnecessary censorship (or unnecessary censored?)
    I mean even some Spongebob scene got censored by indonesian censorship watch or something, don't know what to call them Not like I care
    Because of that, I stopped watching TV for about I think 6-9 months now, or even a year now.

So yeah Anime and a show that discuss game is want I to see. But it's really hopeless to see one in indonesia, probably impossible. Or never, to be precise.

But this is my opinion

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya
    As a show for a Music Channel, well music obviously but that's long gone from those channels now.
    Ain't that the truth. I actually used to discover some interesting stuff on Much Music back when MTV had long since abandoned showing music, and they were still getting bands playing live on their as well. Considering I live in a part of Canada frequently overlooked by major bands and I was too young to go to most shows that we did get that was a god send. Then Much Music went the way of MTV and the concept of a music channel basically died.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Like Gossip Girl but with music students. I would watch that. So character dramas but keep it to the channel's music theme at least.
    Sooo, Glee basically? Sans the "break out in to song and dance" part maybe.

This isn't for MTV. Just want that to be clear. That channel is long smurfed. It's for a music driven network who currently have things like countdown shows for music videos, a show about a dancer, and a reality show about rappers produced by Eminem. They also at one point had a metal show though I'm not sure if that still going on. They're interested in different content since they already have that covered. Something that appeals to people between the ages of 18-35 which is a pretty broad spectrum I know.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it Fuse? I'd it's Fuse tell them I don't give a trout about Rihanna.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would be interested in seeing Liquid TV shows again on MTV. That is the only thing that will get me to watch music television.

But as far as what I want in a TV series goes, Spuuky nailed it. Dark humor, mindsmurfs and plot twists, amazing and compelling story and character development. I like reality and docu series, but somehow the ones I watch always seem to be depressing. I want more Dexter and True Detective and Gotham with light adorable humor like in Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me.

After bunches of stuff like Key and Peele, The Soup, and Tosh.0, I'm pretty over comedy shows.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I want to have more history stuff on TV. History books aren't presented in a way that keeps my attention, but back when the History channel showed nothing but awesome shows about history I was really learning a lot. Now I just have to hope that Netflix and Hulu+ have some awesome history shows up in there.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scrubs, FRIENDS, something I can watch for a short time and walk away happy, with a smile in my heart.

And perhaps something that stretches the dry landscapes of my tear ducts every once in a while, squeezing out that one manly tear.

For a music channel. Hmm, I dunno, music?

But more seriously, perhaps a live coverage of a concert would be cool.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

The only show I watch today that is still being made is Adventure Time. The rest have all had their day. I don't really enjoy America sitcoms as the humour seems too forced. However I adored Scrubs and Frasier.

American TV dramas I cannot get into. I can handle some British miniseries, because they generally have set start and finish points, and a storyline that doesn't take more than 4-6 hours to get through. American shows have a start, and then the rest just seems like filler for ratings and monetary bliss. Then they might finally decide to write an ending when he series has been milked of all its originality and folks have pretty much already tuned out of the experience.

More factual historical documentaries would be cool. Spare us of the pseudoscientific balcony pumped out on History Channel and Discovery. Even National Geographic has to be taken at arms length today.

Television isn't really that entertaining anyway. The serious stuff is too melodramatic usually, so I'd probably stick to films instead of the watered down crap spread over 100 hours of episodes, and takes 5 years to see an ending.

Music television might as well be phased out. There is so much legal availability on the Internet now, that it is pointless to have dedicated music channels. Theyre usually confined to Best 100....programmes these days.
    Last edited by Leigh; 03-08-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My favourite all time TV show is The West Wing and my favourite show going around at the moment is House of Cards, so I guess that "Political Drama" would be the thing I want more of. I'll watch any show that I feel is well written though, genre isn't the deciding factor. On music television it would be nice to have an hour a day set aside for less established or undiscovered bands, and as more of a general point, it would be nice to just have some actual music on there (*cough*MTV*cough*).

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Who are you?