• Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Who are you?
    This is CNN.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

What I don't want to see: Reality TV. I mean, some is okay. But the market is heavily oversaturated. News. There enough news channels. Gossip. No thanks. Shows with never-ending reels of YouTube videos and nothing else, or prank shows. Again, overdone. Shows that are at high risk of being cancelled just because of the channel they are on. Nothing annoys me more than a show being cancelled while I'm watching it.

What do I want to see? Comedy, cartoons (both family-friendly and mature), intelligent drama, fantasy, sci-fi, single-season shows a la True Detective.

What do I want to see on a music channel: A very large variety of music with not too many ads. Music videos with small tidbits of info going across the screen are okay if you want to make it interesting. But variety is what music channels lack. Most of them stick to just 1-2 very specific genres, or only music that was recently released. I like radio channels that give me music from the last four decades, not just the last two years. If they are going to have just the last two years, at least get enough variety. When three different songs were each played more than once in the past two hours, there's something wrong. A lot of music channels suffer from this.

I still play the music channels when I'm browsing the net or gaming on occasion. The top 40 is okay because that's 40 songs and I know each will be different. I really like up-and-coming stuff, too. I wouldn't be against a top 100 instead of just top 40, so lesser known songs got more exposure. You know how certain channels have themed evenings, like cop shows or comedy or whatever? Well, I wouldn't mind a music channel that played the top 40 Rock, top 40 Indie, top 40 R&B, top 40 Blues, top 40 Dance, etc. on different nights. And for the love of God, let there be ONE music channel that has the guts to NOT play the same music every other music channel is playing on a Friday/Saturday night. I swear it's dance or NOTHING in the UK, sans maybe one or two grunge/rock channels.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

These answers are great because they are mostly very different. The general consensus seems to be that music television should only play music or nothing at all. There seems to be opposition to branching out to doing any sort of music based shows that aren't just music video countdowns.

In terms of television, I wish people who are EPs in television would realize how over everyone is of most reality shows but apparently many people still like reality. Would you be opposed to something reality-esque like a docu series on an up and coming band who may or may not have been YouTube famous at some point? I know this question is oddily specific. <.<

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Let's put it this way...

Would I mind it being on a music channel? No, it's far more relevant than most reality TV shows.

Would I watch it? Probably not, because I'm tired of reality TV and while it's more documentary than reality TV, it's still got the same general vibe. It depends on how much you focus on the documentary side of things, I suppose, and how interesting the band is to me. Given that it's an unheard of band, it's unlikely it will be of that big an interest, hence me probably not watching it. I'd be more inclined to watch how a band that I did know rose to fame (regardless of the level of fame) and, if they did fall from fame, how that happened. You mention YouTube famous, so it's possible this show might interest me for that end, but yeah, overall there are probably not a huge number of bands I'd be interested in following in this way and most of them are pretty freakin' famous, so yeah...
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

I can't answer because we have le glorious BBC who decides what we want for us.

there was a picture here

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

If I watched more tv, yeah, I might watch that.

My issues are that I'm busy, even with tivo, I still miss a lot of tv. Usually my way of catching up on things is by streaming services. Netflix is my best buddy. HBO GO is awesome. Hulu would be more awesome if I wasn't paying to still have ads. Often times I don't watch things live, I catch them later. I know this can skew ratings a bit though. I do, in fact, watch these shows I just am usually delayed in doing so. This sucks sometimes because I get into a show after it's cancelled cause it didn't get ratings the first few episodes. If a channel doesn't offer a way for me to access it in other ways than my tv, I'm usually less inclined to watch it. I watch shows while doing cardio at the gym. I watch them on my tablet when i'm cooking. If I have extra time I usually am watching something through a streaming service. If it was a documentary about a previous youtube famous band, i'd hope I could watch it on youtube.

I don't even listen to normal radio, I listen to pandora. If a channel offers me access to things other than just on tv, I'll be more likely to tune in... eventually.