Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you watch any anime that have hundreds of episodes?

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Do you watch any anime that have hundreds of episodes?

Dragonball Z, Bleach, Naruto, One Piece come to mind as shows with hundreds of episodes.

Do you watch any of those? More specifically, have you ever tried to start from episode 1 and catch up to present day? It would be hard with a show like One Piece, which I think has 6 or 700 something episodes.

I've seen Bleach here and there but I think I'm going to watch it from start to finish. Not a marathon, but just over time. I'd like to have one super long show to watch that I can periodically go back to and resume in between shows that have 12 to 36 episodes.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I have seen about 90% of Dragonball and all related titles, and a fair bit of Bleach and One Piece. Sailor Moon also caps out at 200 episodes which isn't exactly short, but I marathoned those in about 2-3 months.

I don't actively seek out long anime, but given the amount of anime I have watched... I've probably watched One Piece like twice over. xD

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I watched Bleach until mid-way through the Hueco Mundo arc I lost interest. DBZ I watched all the way through religiously while it was airing on Toonami, my uncle and my brother were both really into it too so it was a nice family bonding time. Mostly I don't like these kinds of shows anymore, the only one I'd watch again is DBZ.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The only anime with more than 70 episodes that I've ever watched in it's entirety is Sailor Moon/R/S/Super S/Sailor Stars.

I've watched a lot of Dragonball Z but no where close to all of it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gintama.

And I never looked back.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A year or two ago I decided to sit through all of the Dragon Ball series. I made it to the end of DBZ and watched a couple of episodes of GT, but I got burnt out immediately by GT like usually happens. I'll finish it someday. I also decided a year or more ago to sit through Bleach until I felt like I got a satisfying end to it because it bothered me how I made it to the Hueco Mundo stuff and just stopped. That was fun even though it stops being any good pretty early on. I'm thinking of doing the same with Naruto soonish (but skipping all of the filler stuff) because I feel like I need an ending there as well. I don't like stopping something before an end point.

I prefer shorter series in general and only watched those because they were from a time when I was younger and could enjoy that stuff more. Nowadays the longest series I can probably watch and enjoy throughout is either Eureka Seven or FMA: Brotherhood.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rurouni Kenshin is the closest one, but I think it only gets up to 95. Although with the OVAs and films, it just taps into 100.

Disclosure, though, I've never made it through all of the episodes. Whenever I get into season three I get sick of it and abandon it until I decide to re-watch it, and then I start over at the beginning. The start of season three gets weird, though, and I don't feel like going onward because of that, anyway.

Blog Entries

I watched Naruto up to the second season of Shippuden but every episode dragged to a crawling pace and I switched to the manga.

I watched Bleach up to after the mod soul filler arc but when the mod souls stuck around and kept interupting the main plot from moving forward I switched to the manga

I watched One piece up to one or two islands into the grandline but when some of the islands seemed to drag on and make little to no sense at all I swtiched to the manga

I got around to finishing the Naruto Manga, but I havent read Bleach or One Piece in about a year
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Dragonball Z is the only one I have seen from start to finish.

I really got into Bleach when it was new, but the filler killed it for me. I switched to the manga for awhile, but I got really tired of the creator introducing 12 new characters every few chapters, and his inability to actually kill off characters.

Never got into Naurto. I can see why other people like it, but it is simply not for me. Yes, I am aware the the English dubbing makes it more cringe worthy, that's not what really bothered me about the series, anyway.

Most long running series gets ruined with filler, and I actually think the only series that pulled off filler correctly was Dragonball Z. Yeah, there was some AWFUL filler in there, but there was also filler that added to the story creatively. I kind of wish studios had more patience to let a manga play out so there isn't filler in general, though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I watched Dragonball Z a long time ago, and went through all of Hunter X Hunter (2011) as soon as it finished airing. Generally though I don't watch extremely long anime series, I stick with shorter shows.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Speaking of DBZ filler, I still think my favorite episode is the one where Piccolo and Goku try to get their driver's license.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Inuyasha has 167 episodes and I love the crap out of some inuyasha.

The dragonball universe of course. Like Sephex I gave up on Bleach cause of the filler. I watched quite a bit of naruto as well.

Newer stuff I don't really watch anymore at all so I can't give you new examples.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

I used to watch Bleach, but I wouldn't really count it as I started when the show first began airing in Japan. However, I only lasted till about 2007, then other things started to take over and I subsequently kinda forgot about the show...but it was going on way too long anyway. Once they saved Rukia, and then another story took over, followed by another...and the fact that people seemed to suffer permadeath before magically discovering another previously untapped potential source of strength and they'd all of a sudden start beating the bejeezus out of the other guy...

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Pokemon. Yugioh.