View Poll Results: Which FF would you like to act out?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • FF1 5ever

0 0%
  • "Wild Rose"! Final Fantasy 2

0 0%
  • I love onions! Final Fantasy 3!

0 0%
  • "Farewell, Cecil." Final Fantasy 4 all the way baby!

1 5.56%
  • Butz is a bleeding pimp and everyone knows it! FF5, dude!

2 11.11%
  • Final Fantasy 6, but who's going to singi the Aria (?)

3 16.67%
  • Final Fantasy 7! AERITH LIVES

4 22.22%
  • Final Fantasy 8! BUT NO ONE IS GOING TO SING THAT STUFF

1 5.56%
  • Final Fantasy IX! I WANT TO BE VIVI!!!! PLEEEEEEZ

7 38.89%
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Voices A Final Fantasy Game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess if it's a problem we can either use the previous episodes as reference or you can correct the people who send you sound clips with different pronunciations.

FfxiChocoBoy has yet to check back, but he's agreed to play Cinna, Blank and Marcus. When he checks in with his clips, I can start combining.

Sorry, I seem to be on a very different sleeping schedule than you guys. That entire conversation hadn't even started by the time I was out. :P Just got all mine finished and messaged in.

Here she is! Episode 1 in all her 6 minute glory.

Cast:

Zidane - Fynn
    Blank, Cinna, Marcus - FFIXChocoBoy
    Baku - Spooniest

My lines are really quiet. Is there any way to boost the audio on them? My mic doesn't go any louder than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    My lines are really quiet. Is there any way to boost the audio on them? My mic doesn't go any louder than it is.
    Yeah I noticed...could you get closer to the mic and speak with a little more oomph, maybe?

I can try to boost them but it's gonna be touchy. It's easier to turn someone down than up.

It's a headset mic, so if I get any closer, it gets all staticy. I can try to speak up a bit, but I'm a naturally quiet person. You and Fynn sounded GREAT, though. Unfotunately, I've not voice acted in... about 2 years, so I've sort of gotten rusty at it. I used to be a lot better, but after hearing them all mashed into the video, I can tell that it's me doing all 3 characters.

Eh don't be so hard on yourself...I think we've made a good thing. It'll get better with time.

I'm only hard on myself because it's something I actually used to be good at.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That sounds pretty darn great for a start! Spiniest is killing it as Baku and Choco Boy - it's impressive how you can make the characters sound so distinct from one another. I just hope I can pull my weight, since this is my first ever voice acting thing. Might be good to start by not breathing into my mic so much :/

And yeah, the volume differences are a bit weird, but I guess this is something we'll get better in with time.

Also, I think I need to share a little scheduling tidbit - I have no opportunities to record from Friday to Monday, due to my busy schedule, and Thursday is the single best day for me to record. I could even record more than one scene then. I should be able to record everyday since about the end of June, but that's still away. So if you guys wanna do this more efficiently, maybe you could set up like a cue of videos per week so that they're all ready by one day?

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Also, I think I need to share a little scheduling tidbit - I have no opportunities to record from Friday to Monday, due to my busy schedule, and Thursday is the single best day for me to record. I could even record more than one scene then. I should be able to record everyday since about the end of June, but that's still away. So if you guys wanna do this more efficiently, maybe you could set up like a cue of videos per week so that they're all ready by one day?
    None of this should be a problem...there's no rush.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FFIX Choco Boy View Post
    It's a headset mic, so if I get any closer, it gets all staticy. I can try to speak up a bit, but I'm a naturally quiet person. You and Fynn sounded GREAT, though. Unfotunately, I've not voice acted in... about 2 years, so I've sort of gotten rusty at it. I used to be a lot better, but after hearing them all mashed into the video, I can tell that it's me doing all 3 characters.
    You may just need a better mic. I had an old headset mic that was crap. Turned to the mic I had on my tape recorder and it does wonders.

Voices fit the characters very well. I've been saying Zidane wrong for the longest time.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just found out I can upload files on Vocaroo. So I can now record my audio on my iPhone and send it over, so from now on it won't be as static-y as the first episode was, which I find awesome

I'll buy that for a dollar! I'll follow your lead there and record my vocals direct into Cubase when I'm doing the combining.