Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Collectors Edition Pricing

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward Collectors Edition Pricing

Whew, that's a title and a half.

All you Final Fantasy XIV lovers best be ready to shell out a gil or two, as Square Enix have announced the pricing for the Collectors Edition of the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV expansion, Heavensward, which will launch on the 23rd June. There will be three methods of purchase which include:

- Phsical Collectors Edition: $129.99
    - Digital Collectors Edition: $59.99
    - Standard: $39.99

Source

If you play the game on multiple platforms then you must purchase the expansion for *each* platform that you wish to access the content from.

How do you feel about the pricing, and are you looking forward to the upcoming content?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

They are also providing an "All-in-One" package that will include the original game and the expansion but no Collector's Edition perks. This will also be the only version available for the new Mac client and will be $60 USD.

Furthermore PS3 owners in PAL regions (meaning Europe) won't be able to get a physical copy, digital only.

More information can be found from the Letter from the Producer stream from last night.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

$129.99?! hahahahahaahaha no way.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Fury View Post
    $129.99?! hahahahahaahaha no way.
    It does seem a bit expensive. SE are obviously planning to bring in the £$€¥ over the next few months, what with Type-0 HD, FFX | X-2 HD for PS4 and Heavensward all releasing within 3 months.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I imagine a huge part of the $129.99 cost is for the dragon statue. Still pretty smurfin' pricey though.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 03-15-2015 at 09:19 PM.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Well, given all the stuff you get with the CE (book, statue, game, DVD), it's not really that surprising. There's always the normal version or digital CE to go for if one finds the physical CE too expensive. Me, I'm getting it, as long as they don't repeat the bulltrout from the ARR CE when ARR launched.

It pretty much breaks down to the base game being $40, the digital items being $20, art book could be around $20, the Blu-Ray movie around $20, and the statue around $30. You can tell they also spent quite a bit on the packaging. So it's not unreasonable, but it is a lot of money.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

See, I got the ARR CE for £18 last month so I'm hoping I can do something similar with Heavensward eventually. I don't feel ready to pay more than £100 on a CE and even then, that's a little bit of a stretch. I got a Faraam Knight statue with Dark Souls II for £80 with other goodies and the Buccaneer Edition of Black Flag with a statue on a flag thing for £60, I'd hope SE could find a more affordable way to do this in future.
    "And if all the world is but a song of swords and spells then where on the threads of fate must we lie?"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's US$130, €130 (US$137) and £130 (US$192). Because, you know, currency differences don't matter anymore.

smurfing ridiculous.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Cool well, getting the most basic edition because screw pandering to their dumb ideas (also lol don't care about extra crap).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I might get the digital CE. If it's half decently priced. Dunno.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Yeah, the UK pricing is absolute arse. Forum is in uproar over it, too, so of course no comment has been made by SE on the matter yet. And I suspect they never will. I like Final Fantasy XIV overall and am happy with what Yoshida and co did with it, but sometimes they do make decisions that make me go "What the smurf are you guys smoking and where can I get some?".

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Allegedly they are not putting physical CE up for sale in the EU store as yet, which means I am still harbouring a tiny bit of hope that they will get their trout together and make the pricing fair.