Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin's Video Game Diary!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I heard "Everything's Alright" once and it made me want the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tomb Raider (PlayStation 3)

Note: There is a lot of blood and gore if that is something that bothers you.

Tomb Raider for the PS3 follows the adventures of Lara Croft before she was a dual pistol wielding, badass archeologist, to when she was a... single pistol wielding, slightly less badass archeologist. This is an origin story of sorts for the iconic character. On an expedition with a small team including her friend Sam and a famous senior archeologist, Lara and co. are searching for Himiko, an ancestor of Sam's and previous Sun Queen of the Island of Yamatai. Lara's instincts tell them to head in to the Dragon's Triangle, an area of strong storms, in order to find this Himiko. After some convincing, the crew agrees.

Fortunately Lara's instincts were correct. The Island of Yamatai and Himiko were indeed where she thought they were. Unfortunately the strong storms cause a crash landing on this island. This leads to the crew getting separated and trying to find a way to escape. There's more to the island than it seems, however, and escape might not be so easy. Lara Croft must face angry wolves, a crazy cult, and supernatural storms in order to get herself and her crew away from Yamatai.

Tomb Raider is an action-adventure game where you control Lara Croft and watch her go from scared and uncertain to determined and strong. This involves shooting enemies, rock climbing, crate burning, shooting more enemies, rope climbing, falling down stuff and barely surviving, shooting more enemies, enjoying some story, upgrading your stuff, and continuing to shoot enemies. You'll gain a variety of equipment on your adventure including a pickaxe, a pistol, a shotgun, a rifle, and a bow and arrow (my favourite). You'll get a few other things and you can upgrade your equipment as you find salvage and as the story progresses. You'll also gain skill points to give Lara some skills such as stabbing people with arrows or shooting them in the face. Also quick time events. Be ready for those.

The game progresses at a pretty even pace and slowly introduces to you new concepts and equipment to use so you don't easily feel overwhelmed. The game also auto-saves quite frequently so dying is not a huge problem as you can just restart and try again. These things may not be as good for the hardened fan, but if you're new to the series and the genre, this is a very good introduction game as it has a smooth learning curve and isn't very punishing, allowing new people to try it without getting frustrated. With that being said, your skills will definitely be tested in the later part of the game as you'll be faced with increasingly difficult puzzles and more challenging groups of foes. While the game is mostly linear, there are certain areas that allow for wider exploration and you'll often be able to fast travel to previous locations in order to collect new stuff with your upgraded equipment. There are a ton of collectables hidden all over the island for you to try and find, and these add some atmosphere and lore to the game.

Overall I enjoyed Tomb Raider much more than I was expecting. It isn't really my genre of choice since I'm not very good at them and don't have the best reflexes or stealth skills to be successful. As I said though, this one is very beginner friendly and I never found myself frustrated or overwhelmed. It provided some freedom in terms of how I would upgrade my stuff and what weapons to use, but it also guided me along new gameplay mechanics at a pace I could keep up with. While some areas still challenged me and I died (a lot), I was able to quickly retry and improve, which was nice. I really enjoyed exploring the island and finding collectables. There was a good variety of different areas to explore and the story was pretty interesting. The characters interacted in a way that felt natural and believable, and Lara grew as a character in a subtle but substantial way that I appreciated. I will definitely try the new Tomb Raider when I get a chance and I had a lot of fun with this game, more than I thought I would.

Verdict:
    LIKED IT

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Tomb Raider/Uncharted cross-over.

Make it happen, powers that be.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

If My Heart Had Wings (Steam)

Note: As should be evident if you know me at all, this is the all ages version of the game. If you want the adult version, I'm sure you can find it, but I personally will be unable to comment about the uncensored content.

This is a visual novel about high school kids who share a common goal: To soar high in the sky. Aoi, our male protagonist, has recently had a biking accident. Figuring it's time to remove himself from the old environment of his bicycling club days, he moves back to his childhood hometown. His mother, having a sense of humour, signs him up to be a dorm mother for an all girls dorm. Coincidentally, one of the dorm residents is a young woman in a wheelchair named Kotori that he met upon returning to town.

As Aoi is re-familiarizing himself with the town and his new school, he discovers a garage housing a glider and a mysterious and beautiful young woman. Turns out that this is the "Super-repeat student" Amane, who has purposely failed her classes so she can stay behind and complete the glider in order to accomplish her missing friend's goal of soaring above the clouds. The best chance to accomplish this goal? A special event called the 'Morning Glory', something seen in a photograph left behind by the soaring club of old. Aoi and his friends join Amane in trying to complete the glider and achieve their dreams of soaring above the clouds.

This visual novel has choices once in a while that will help determine which romantic route you pursue. There aren't actually very many choices, ranging from 4 to 6 total depending on the route, and most are quite obvious if you wan to pursue a particular story. It should be noted however that some routes need to be completed in order to unlock other routes. There is also a "bad" route if you fail to romance anyone, which is more just an abrupt ending if anything.

There are some translation issues, unfortunately, especially with the Ageha route. While most of the routes can be understood with only some issues here and there, the beginning of Ageha's route, the first third probably, is an absolute mess. With that being said, if you stick it out past that point, the translation mostly cleans up to the point of being understandable again. There's an auto option where the text will continue automatically, there's a skip option which will skip all previously read text for getting to the other routes faster, and there's also a gallery where you can view some scene images.

Characters:
    (Ordered from favourite to least favourite)
    Ageha: Aoi's childhood friend, she is very playful, sociable and outgoing. Originally part of the robotics club, Ageha takes an interest in the machanical side of building a glider. Her story deals with letting people get close because she fears losing them.
    Amane: Despite being afraid of heights, Amane works hard to build a glider that can soar above the clouds in order to see what her friend wanted her to see. While she is a genius, she lacks social awareness and comes off as naive and goofy most of the time.
    Asa: the older twin sister of Yoru, Asa is an average girl in a superior family, making her struggle with inadequacy and failure issues. She's very sweet and sociable.
    Kotori: A young woman in a wheelchair who feels alienated by everyone so she tries to act smug and superior to save face. She finally lets her guard down when she stars working towards her dream to soar high in the sky.
    Aoi: A young man who returned to his childhood hometown after a bicycling accident. Takes on a lot of responsibilities as club member and dorm mother. He likes teasing people and is sometimes easily embarrassed.
    Yoru: The younger twin sister, a genius who hates wasting her time. She struggles to relate to people but is very attached to her sister. Her story involves trying to learn to let her guard down and experience life.

Overall I very much enjoyed this visual novel. It really kept me interested and I would often have to force myself to stop reading to go to bed or do something else. The visuals are stunning for a visual novel, the characters are likeable and have their own interesting stories, and there's a very strong cast of secondary characters as well that I really liked. The VN has a really nice sense of humour and very rarely takes itself too seriously. You'll also get to learn a lot about gliders. Like... a lot. If that's your deal. Probably my favourite part though was how each of the girls did not just revolve around the main character, but each had their own friendships and relationships with each other that had nothing to do with him. It was more of a story about this students with some romance thrown in more than it was a romance story with some other stuff thrown in. I obviously enjoyed some routes much more than others, but on the whole I thoroughly enjoyed it and I will definitely be reading again in the future.

Verdict:
    LOVED IT

Last edited by Pumpkin; 05-17-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ooh well I'll definitely have to pick this one up now. A good galge is always fun to read. That group picture already has a nostalgic feel to it even though I haven't even read it yet =P

Too bad about the translation issues though. They always feel so unnecessary.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Time and Eternity (PlayStation 3)

Story:

Time and Eternity is about a boy named Zack and a girl named Toki who are soon to be married. He's a perv, she's a pretty princess, all is well in the Kingdom of Kamza. Except not really because on their wedding day they find themselves under attack by assassins! If that wasn't odd enough, it turns out that Toki actually shares a body with another girl named Towa. Also she can control time to a certain extent.

So after those bombshells, Toki goes back in time to six months before the wedding to try and stop the attack on her wedding. Unfortunately in the process, Zack ends up in the body of Toki's pet baby dragon, Drake. Then there's the matter of Towa who "takes over" Toki's body sometimes, and why they had hid this from Zack. Toki, Towa, and Zack (now in Drake's body), soon learn that saving their wedding may not be as easy as they had originally hoped.

Gameplay:

In this game you take control of Toki and Towa (but only one at a time, more on that later). As you walk through the maps, a meter will fill beside your map. When it fills, you will enter a battle. In this game, there will often be multiple enemies in one battle, but only one will be fought at a time. There's an icon on the lower right hand side of the battle screen which will show how many enemies you face as well as enemy HP, SP, and Type (which determines weakness). Once one enemy is defeated, another will appear until they're all defeated and the battle ends. There are a few things to take in to account in battles. First you can attack long range with a rifle or close range with a knife. You select your distance by pressing the left analogue forward or backwards to get in position. From there you press O to attack. Attacking will build up your SP gauge (as will a few other things) and with SP you can cast spells and skills. Spells and skills are set to the Triangle, Square, and X buttons and the cost of each will be displayed (50 SP, for example). You'll want to make good use of your spells and skills if you don't want battles to take forever. You can also guard by pressing L1, and dodge by moving your left analogue stick to the side.

You'll need to pay attention in battles or you'll have a hard time. Each enemy has a specific attack pattern. Learning this pattern will teach you the right time to guard, dodge, attack, and cast spells without them being interrupted. Later on in the game, with some enemies, you'll need your timing to be near perfect if you don't want to have a hard time. There's also another key feature to this game. Upon level up, you'll switch between controlling Toki and Towa. While they are largely the same to control, they do have differences in their stats. Toki is better at long range combat and fire and earth spells, while Towa prefers close range combat and ice and lightning spells. They'll gain many of the same skills but also a lot of different ones. Skills and spells are learned by using "Gift Points" GP, which will teach them new spells and skills when they level up. They also require Toki and Towa to be at a specific level before they can be learned, but considering levels come more easily than GP, that usually won't be an issue. Note that earning GP earns it for BOTH girls and not just the one you're currently using. So they'll always have the same amount of GP to be used for both girls. It is not divided either, 20 GP is 20 for both. The same goes with equipment. Buying one weapon or piece of equipment means it can be equipped by BOTH girls. As the game goes on you'll also unlock time spells which you can use to rewind, speed up, or freeze time while in battle. There's also a different style of battle that you'll encounter but it only happens three times in the game so I won't cover it here.

A major part of this game is sidequests. These are usually fetch quests or go here to defeat X monster. Quests give a ton of GP compared to battles so it's definitely something you'll want to pursue. Quests are also generous with GP in that they'll reward you for almost every stage of the quest instead of just upon completion. Maps will be marked with icons to show where quests are available, where they can be completed, and so on. Heart events can also be found in different areas and at home, some of them which are specific to either Toki or Towa. Picking the right options will lead to an increase in affection for one girl or the other, which will come in to play later on. Levels are very easy to earn in this game, which is good for when you need the other girl for heart events and the like. Even monsters 20 levels behind you will still give out a decent amount of EXP.

World:
    This game's world map is just dots over areas to select where you want to go. Pressing Square will show you all available areas as well as icons indicating if there are quests (minus the home city, you'll need to enter there to see if there are quests). You select where you want to go and it will bring you to a dungeon type area where you walk around, battle, collect treasure, etc. Kamza, the home city, has its own mini-map where you select dots on the map to travel to them and once again, pressing Square will show where there are quests or events. There are some variety in the maps although some are just slightly different versions of the same maps. The areas themselves however, are usually quite beautiful.

Characters:

(In no particular order)
    Toki: The Princess who is able to somewhat control time. She's very sweet and considerate, if not a bit naive.
    Towa: The other soul inhabiting Toki's body, she's much more no-nonsense and introverted, but still very caring.
    Zack/Drake: I'm using the picture of him in Drake form because otherwise he looks dumb. A huge pervert who hits on anything that has boobs, but he does care for Toki and Towa and wants to protect them.
    Enda: Friend of Toki and Towa, she's a very odd but also upbeat and positive girl.
    Reijo: Reijo is super rich, you guys don't even know. She also sports a rather holier-than-thou attitude, but is still a good friend most of the time.
    Wedi: Another friend, wedi is also the wedding planner. She talks to spirits and can't walk 3 steps without falling on her face or off a cliff or something.
    Ricardo: Makes terrible cakes and really wants Toki/Towa to marry him.
    Makimona: A woman with about 100 odd jobs. Not so great with romance.

Overall:

This game is a bit hard to place. It has some really awesome things and some really terrible things, and I guess it balances out to kind of... average in a weird way. On the plus side, the game is gorgeous, and there are sidequests galore which helps you level up at a good pace with the main story. I enjoy the concept of two people sharing the same body and how that works out. The gameplay is pretty unique and, I'm not gonna lie, I actually found it a ton of fun. The story was alright and it actually threw a plot twist at me that I wasn't expecting. I also quite liked both Toki and Towa and I found the ending rather touching. The humour was hit or miss; some of it was clever and showed the game could poke fun at itself, while some of it was just cringeworthy or overdone. Zack, our leading man, was very annoying, and most of the side characters fell pretty flat, although they did get some development. The character gestures don't match the vocals and are all over the place, the dialogue usually felt pretty unnatural, there are a bunch of plot holes, the home music is the most ear grating thing in the world, and be prepared for panties shots thrown in your face at every opportunity. The game could also get very repetitive and it felt rather... small. While this certainly wasn't a great game, or even that good of a game, objectively I would call it pretty average. If you want to try out something new with some great visuals and a unique style of gameplay and you think you can deal with the negatives I listed, give it a shot. If not, you're not missing out on too much and it should just be skipped. In the end I did have fun with it though and I don't regret my time spent on it.

Verdict:
    IT WAS OKAY

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I don't think I'd ever bother to play through it, because it looked a bit repetitive, but it did have some unique or more creative gameplay bits here and there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Little Big Planet (PlayStation 3)

Little Big Planet is a cute little platforming game in which you control a small Sackboy (I call mine Lady Sackboy) around some mostly 2D levels to reach the end goal. While this is the basic premise of the game, there are a few other things to enjoy such as Sackboy customization, level creation, and online play. You'll also be able to collect stickers and materials to use in your level designs.

The game starts out fairly easy with the first area being dedicated mostly to tutorials. There are a total of eight "areas" which each contain three levels, except for the last one which contains four. Each area also has its own little mini-story to tie the levels together, and generally the last one will tie in vaguely with the new area you'll explore. Each new area also provides new looks in the beginning to help your Sackboy fit in with the environment if you so choose. Completing levels also earns more cutomization options, as well as completing certain challenges within the levels. There is a difficulty spike at around the halfway point, but overall the game is not too challenging.

Levels also contain stickers and other such things for you to find, which adds to the overall replayablility. Your level score is also displayed at the end, so you can go back and try to beat your record if you so choose. On top of the typical running and jumping that is present in most platformers, Little Big Planet also uses a grabbing mechanic in which your Sackboy... well, grabs on to things. This is used to swing from one place to another, to hold on to something moving, or to pull or push things to move them. This adds a bit of puzzle mechanics to the game, especially when trying to push and pull things to get to hidden rewards. You can also move slightly in the backgrounds and foregrounds sometimes as well.

Another aspect of the gameplay is creating your own levels. You can use some base templates or make your own. The game then provides you with very detailed tutorials on how to make your levels, which you can then name and share if you so choose. You can also play online and play other people's levels once you finish Little Big Planet's short story mode. The level creation was not really my deal so I didn't do much and can't comment too much on the specifics.

Overall Little Big Planet was a cute and sweet little platformer. I had some trouble with the sudden difficulty spike, since I'm not so great with platformers, but I overall had fun with the game. It was cute, I liked the customization options, and being able to make your own levels is a neat little idea, even if I didn't personally enjoy it. The levels were pretty creative and fun and the game had a good lighthearted feel that I really liked. I didn't really like how short the story was though and I really didn't like that you needed up to 4 people playing with you to get all of the collectables. I'm not a social gamer so I didn't like being penalized for that with stuff I just couldn't get. So it was a fun game and I enjoyed my time with it, but it wasn't my favourite.

Verdict:
    IT WAS OKAY

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ah it feels like it's been such a long time since I played these games... I liked LBP2 a lot more than LBP the first, but both of them were pretty fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (PlayStation 4)

*Note that this game has a large amount of sexual content and some foul language. Steer clear if these things bother you.

Story:

Senran Kagura: Estival Versus is a game about high school ninjas with large breasts that defy the laws of physics. Are you still there? Because there's more. The girls from the different ninja schools and groups have been gathered together in... I don't know, we'll call it an alternate dimension where time flows differently and they are reunited with past loved ones. The young shinobi are entered in to the Millenium Festival? What is it exactly? Well it takes a while to find out, but what they do know is it has something to do with sending the deceased who have regrets preventing them from passing on. They also know that a demon of sorts will attack their world soon. In the meantime, they need to destroy each others platforms in eight days in order to win the festival and gain the rank of kagura, a highly esteemed position.

Gameplay:
    Senran Kagura: Estival Versus is a beat-em up, in which you take control of one of our large-breasted ninjas and fight off other large-breasted ninjas. The game takes place over eight days with several stages, generally between five and eight, on each of those days. When first starting a stage or level, you'll need to use the story chosen character, but you can return at any time to repeat the level for better scores, to break unbroken platforms, or just replay the section of the story. When replaying the levels you're free to choose any available character. There are also a few side missions to do, and each character also gets their own unlockable personal story that contains five stages. These stories are unlocked by destroying platforms in the story stages.

There are a few gameplay mechanics for this beat-em up. You press square for a weak attack, triangle for a strong attack, O to dash/run/follow, X to jump. Combine these for added moves that unlock as your character levels up. Each character also gets three levels of special attacks that consume scrolls. L1+square is the weakest, using one scroll, L1+triangle is the middle, consuming two scrolls, and L1+O is the strongest, consuming five scrolls and only being unlocked when a character reaches level 12. In order to use the special moves, one must first "transform" in a Sailor Moon-esq transformation sequence. But, you know, with more boob. Transforming consumes one scroll and restores your life to full. Leveling up also restores your life to full and fills all of your scrolls. Scrolls are also obtained by defeating enemies, smashing breakable objects, attacking, and being attacked. You can guard with R1, perform combo moves with other teammates (if any), and enter a special high attack/low defense mode.

Aside from the beat-em up action, there are a few other things to do. You can purchase outfits and accessories and customize your characters. You also unlock more stock as time goes on for further customization options. Once you've completed a characters personal story, you'll also unlock their hairstyle for free use on other characters. You can also play the lingerie lottery which... wins you more lingerie. About 120 sets, collect them all! You can also purchase music, movies, and images with in-game currency, and you can set a favourite character to do some menu voice over work. The game takes in to account clothes ripping in fights, which alters stats, or you can visit the options menu and turn it off, like I did. If you're on the opposite end of the spectrum, you can grope at the ladies and pose them for pictures!

World:
    This game actually has a wide-range of nice looking locations. It's a shame some of them are underutilized, and a lot of the same areas get reused. Areas are often highly explorable, hiding platforms away for you to find and destroy for unlockable stories. You can wall climb and jump, a necessity to get some of these platforms, and many areas have a lot of detail in them. As an added... uh, bonus, certain levels contain special zones that, if you defeat a character in it, will show you a special ending where the defeated lady flies out of her clothing and in to some compromising and suggestible pose.

Characters:
    (Ordered from favourite to least favourite. Note that 4 characters are not included because they are either unlockable or not involved with the story, so I didn't get as much time with them.)
    Hibari: Part of the Hanzo group, Hibari is very sweet and light-hearted. She fights mostly with her own body and can grow to many times her size before stomping on foes.
    Yumi: Leader of the Gessen shinobi, she is very reserved and quiet, but also a very serious leader. Attacks with fans and ice.
    Murakumo: A member of Gessen, she attacks with a sword and hatchet. She wears a mask, which gives her confidence, but when she loses the mask she has trouble functioning.
    Asuka: Leader of the Hanzo academy group, she has a big heart and refuses to set it aside. She duel-wields blades and is a speedy hitter.
    Yomi: A member of the Crimson Squad who attacks with a giant sword. Hates everything rich, or anything she views as an unnecessary luxury.
    Hanabi: One of the three shrine maidens helping run the festival. Attacks with a giant hammer and explodes when she thinks too hard.
    Homura: Leader of the Crimson Squad, she wields six blades at a time. Hot headed but very passionate.
    Ryona: A member of Hebijo academy, she fights like a figure skater and uses two guns. A huge masochist.
    Yagyu: A member of Hanzo academy, Yagyu attacks with a parasol and can summon a squid. She has strong feelings for Hibari.
    Ikaruga: A member of the Hanzo academy shinobi, Ikagura is from the upper class. She has a a strong sense of honour. She also plays BC Mask, a superhero that she performs as for children's plays.
    Murasaki: A shut-in member of Hebijo who is rather shy and scares easily. Sister to Imu.
    Minori: A member of Gessen, she is very happy-go-lucky. Loves sweets.
    Hikage: A member of the Crimson Squad, Hikage is very snake like. She claims to have no emotions.
    Shiki: A member of Gessen, she speaks like a "valley-girl" and enjoys blogging. Uses a double sided scythe as her weapon.
    Imu: A member of Hebijo, she has strong feelings for Miyabi. Older sister to Murasaki.
    Haruka: A member of the Crimson Squad, she attacks with a weird floating robot. Enjoys tormenting others, is very smug, and also makes very questionable "medicines".
    Renka: One of the three shrine maidens helping run the festival. She's a very blunt and straightforward person and hates all things girly.
    Miyabi: Leader of the Hebijo Academy group, she is very serious and fights for evil. Feels insecure about her age, for some reason.
    Kafuru: One of the three shrine maidens helping with the festival. Hates people talking down to her, has quite a potty-mouth, and attacks with two water guns and a dolphin.
    Yozakura: A member of Gessen who punches things... really hard. Has a bit of a temper on her and likes things to be neat and tidy.
    Ryobi: A member of Hebijo, she attacks with a large gun. She misses her deceased older sister and is a huge sadist.
    Mirai: A member of Crimson Squad, she attacks with an umbrella/tommy gun contraptions. Feels insecure about herself and lashes out.
    Katsuragi: A high spirited young woman from Hanzo academy. She attacks by kicking. Loves boobs. Very molesty.

Overall:

I didn't want to like this game. I hate the boobs everywhere and the sheer amount of ridiculousness that happens with them when a character moves slightly. I hate the blatant and overt fanservice, the over-sexualization of characters, some of whom are supposed to be quite young. The success finishes being rewarding you with nakedness. That stuff bothers me. But it is a game with an all female cast and dress up, and a reviewer I trust said it was fun, so I said I'll try it. And despite my skepticism, I actually really liked this game. It was incredibly fun. It plays smoothly, there's a wide variety of characters for different styles, the dress up is pretty great. The story is absurd but later on when it gets serious, it can actually be really touching and well told. While the game is incredibly absurd with the fanservice, it can laugh at itself and I found myself very amused by a lot of the personal stories and how fun they were. It also has much more variety in levels and much more stuff to do than I had anticipated. If you're a fan of beat-em ups and shameless fanservice, I do recommend this game. If you like dress-up and female characters, as I do, but don't like fanservice... well, it's your call. You can turn off clothes tearing and put them in more modest outfits, but the fanservice is a pretty inescapable part of it. It looks great, it plays well, and most importantly, it's fun. The game is just so much fun to play. And so, in spite of myself, I ended up really liking it despite all of its issues.

Verdict:
    LIKED IT A LOT

Last edited by Pumpkin; 06-09-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

You might want to try the two on the 3DS, they're a tad more serious. They only have the girls from Hanzo and the Crimson Squad though. The characters, for one reason or another, are the main reason you're there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, i don't think I'd ever be comfortable trying this

(Amusingly enough, Jonathan in my avatar seems to be enjoying himself)

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    You might want to try the two on the 3DS, they're a tad more serious. They only have the girls from Hanzo and the Crimson Squad though. The characters, for one reason or another, are the main reason you're there.
    I do actually plan to try more of the games! It's a shame they'll be missing some of my favourite characters though, but oh well

Articles
    Blog Entries

Tomb Raider for the PS3 follows the adventures of Lara Croft before she was a dual pistol wielding, badass archeologist, to when she was a... single pistol wielding, slightly less badass archeologist.
    That's so accurate it hurts.

And now that you played the first one, you already played the second. Just imagine this, but with more fighting, and more painfully tedious puzzles. Though to be fair painfully tedious puzzles is what Tomb Raider is all about, so I can't even be mad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, about Tomb Raider Reboot:

Far too much gore. I'm already sensitive towards any of characters dying. Add in a fairly realistic metal pole impaling Lara through the neck, or a tree branch impaling Lara through the abdomen... yeah, no, no no no no.

I watched Mr. Carny play the game, and he failed the very first QTE and died. I feel like the time limit was too short on some of those, he failed them quite a few times. And the combat, goodness so much fighting. The final section of the game is basically a massive melee that lasts forever. Not very tomb raider. The original games had only a bit of combat with stunning tomb design, but tombs are relegated to 'optional' status. Fighting is very much at the fore, and I really didn't like that.

And I'm with Fynn about the ninja boob game; I'd feel uncomfortable just playing this game in case someone walks in.