View Poll Results: If you had a gaming company & needed one of these two men to create a game to save it

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shigeru Miyamoto

7 33.33%
  • Hironobu Sakaguchi

14 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choose your creator

Well I only know the first one. Not too sure about the other one.
    If I had a gaming company, I am not sure who I would bring in.
    Ride with the steel and the power of the sword.
    Stand up and fight now and forever more.
    Rise through the night sky with daylight's desire.
    To be free there must be Black Fire.
    Black Fire by DragonForce. \m/

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFire View Post
    Well I only know the first one. Not too sure about the other one.
    If I had a gaming company, I am not sure who I would bring in.
    He's the creator of Final Fantasy, and for those who don't know the other, he's the creator of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and a bunch of other successful Nintendo titles.

Honestly, if I could choose anyone, it wouldn't be either of these two guys.

I'd have a much harder time deciding between Yoshifumi Hashimoto and Hitoshi Yamagami.

The two selected would be a tough choice. Going to have to think about it for a while.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Between the ones on the poll, I'd pick Sakaguchi because interviews with him and those who have worked with him say he's a blast to be around. Miyamoto kind of has a "my way or the highway" kind of attitude from what I've heard. While it would be cool to see Kojima, Matsuno, or Takahashi in action; they all tend to be OCD freaks that have to seriously butt heads with their team in order to sway them from what they want, and even that doesn't always help.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Between the ones on the poll, I'd pick Sakaguchi because interviews with him and those who have worked with him say he's a blast to be around. Miyamoto kind of has a "my way or the highway" kind of attitude from what I've heard. While it would be cool to see Kojima, Matsuno, or Takahashi in action; they all tend to be OCD freaks that have to seriously butt heads with their team in order to sway them from what they want, and even that doesn't always help.
    But the end result would always be epic.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not if you're also a strong-willed OCD control freak like them. Kojima tries to be more open-minded but his collaberations tend to have mixed results as opposed to games he has full control over. Hell, according to an interview with Hiroyuki Ito, when Sakaguchi asked him to work with Matsuno, he basically told him to just let him do whatever he wanted.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post

I'm changing my vote to Sakaguchi.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sometimes that's exactly the attitude a game needs.

That said, I do think both choices are incredibly overhyped, even though I love both games from both of them. But yeah, Mario is still just Mario, and Sakaguchi has been put on this pedestal for some reason (I don't know, I just wasn't that impressed with the Last Story, I guess), so really, none of them are dear to me. Give me Takahashi, Saga and Matsuno any day of the week.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I disagree, while I can agree that The Last Story had poor leading characters and a crappy love plot, I felt the game was far more innovative and engaging than even Xenoblade.

I just feel working with the others would be kind of boring. Takahashi and Matsuno generally keep to themselves when working so it would be less collaboration and more gophering. Even then, Takahashi is becoming more of a producer nowadays so most of the work of games like Xenoblade are being done by the younger staff and he's just overseeing things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

To each his own. And I still enjoyed the Last Story, it's just that I feel disappointed after all the hype and it just failed to grip me to the extent that Xenoblade did.

Also, Im not arguing any of them would be nice to work with - I just really enjoy their work But knowing you, you're probably right about that collaboration aspect.