Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell me XV demo details!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Tell me XV demo details!

Guys I wasn't able to pick up Type-0 cause i'm poor and have no PS4. TELL ME ABOUT THE XV DEMO. D:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'll tell you when it arrives. Three days after everyone in NA gets it.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I'll tell you when it arrives. Three days after everyone in NA gets it.
    This. Hopefully the next couple days at work will fly by.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

I'm going to be watching videos of it on youtube. You should as well!

Since I don't have a PS4, I can't go out and get it yet. And I won't be getting a PS4 for Type-0. If XV was coming out... well, that's a whole different story.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Yes, youtube videos will help. It was a completely different experience playing it though, I was skeptical about certain things and am now confident after playing xD! (specifically the battle system, and dub)

I just finished it, SPOILERS AHEAD:

------------------------------------*~*~*~*~*~

The demo took me 6 hours because I searched a lot of the map, and spent most of the time battling and leveling up, I finished the demo at lvl 32. (SPOILER)There's a lot of items you can find, pick up, and sell off for gil

The battle system is great, the characters, definitely still feel like 'Nomura's Vision' and are awesome. Even though everyone is complaining about the dub, it was great, the conversations felt modern and natural, really well done. I really love the banter and dialogue they have!

The graphics range from meh to excellent, the animations are mind blowingly good. I really enjoyed the battle system, also playing around with with weapon goes in which slot and how it's used in a combo. The camping system was also fun.(SPOILER) I was able to have the best buffs making the potroast stew every time when I camped, after defeating a few Garula's, selling off items I found and purchasing cooking materials.

(SPOILER)I only found 1 of the phantom swords, in the dungeon where you get the summon. So I'm hoping when I go back and replay I'll find the other 2. Using the phantom sword technique was really fun too, almost like a limit break. The summon, ramuh, was awesome as you've probably seen in a video. SO GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Super spoiler about the ending of the demo story info (SPOILER) there's some pretty concept art, with japanese dialogue and subtitles. We find out regis has died, lucis is blown to trout, and Noctis and LUNAFREYA NOX FLUERET OF TENEBRAE are pronounced dead. So now I'm more confused about the stella/luna situation considering her new full name revealed :P

This demo was worth the 9 year wait, and now I've been left with the feeling of only wanting to play the full game.

I really can't believe I just played the game, even if it was a demo.

No complaints!
    Last edited by FFFFsephychibi; 03-18-2015 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    This demo was worth the 9 year wait
    When someone says a demo was worth a 9 year wait...

...I can't help but feel somewhat optimistic.

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    This demo was worth the 9 year wait
    When someone says a demo was worth a 9 year wait...

...I can't help but feel somewhat optimistic.
    Haha! YAY! It just gave a really good sense of what FFXV will be. It still feels nostalgic like a older FF, but more modern gameplay and graphics, I just love how the characters react to a lot of things, pick on each other, it brings a new level of immersion.

TBH I enjoyed this demo more than the full FF13, the gameplay concepts presented and the potential battle system depth (mind you without magic and weather system) was really satisfying.

And presumably what we see in the demo is all quite early game stuff. So some basic weapons and some basic skills at low-ish levels.

I'm trying to imagine what we've seen in the demo, with full magic system, scaled up to a late game lv100 fight against Ultima Weapon.

Without reading the spoilers, all I can say is it gave me a headache. But that's just due to personal gripes. There's a weird learning curve if you haven't played many games like it. The combat is like a cross of Dragon Age and Xenoblade Chronicles

One major gripe is no options for changing controls. And dear God I cannot handle normal camera controls. I spent an entire fight looking at the sky or the ground. So that was a huge turn-off. And then it gets night time, and they're like "Make camp". But they don't tell you really how to make camp. And then a bunch of monsters show up and they're a lot stronger since its getting night time. And the game's like "Strong monsters show up at night, go to your camp wand wait it out". And before that there was an option to warp to camp. But nope. It disappeared. So I try to kill all the monsters so I can just hoof it to camp. But for every one I killed, 10 more showed up. And these dog things were able to one-shot me from behind and I was constantly running out of HP or MP and looking at the ground or the sky and AUGH. It lasted for like an hour, they just kept coming, and the only thing that made it stop was when morning came. I didn't technically win the fight. It just ended. After an hour. And a massive headache

But that's just my inexperience with the game world, and the matter of principle that I wasn't just going to run away. I was going to win the fight outright or outlast it. But ugh

Outside of that it ran wonderfully, looked and sounded beautiful. I swear they called what's her face Cindy. And they still have doofy names, but they're fine with shortening them. When you train with Gladiolus it tells you to fight Gladio. Which sounds much better. And Prompto sounds like Michelangelo from the Ninja Turtles. So I'm fine with him now

Once I get used to the mechanics, I would definitely say they are on the right track. But you will most likely want to do the tutorial. I think I didn't pay enough attention. And still the camera controls haunt me..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Super spoiler about the ending of the demo story info (SPOILER) there's some pretty concept art, with japanese dialogue and subtitles. We find out regis has died, lucis is blown to trout, and Noctis and LUNAFREYA NOX FLUERET OF TENEBRAE are pronounced dead. So now I'm more confused about the stella/luna situation considering her new full name revealed :P
    !
    WAIT (SPOILER) SO THEY NAMED HER FREYA?! I HAVE ANOTHER CHARACTER NAMED FREYA?! I'm excited.

^ Probably just a pointless tidbit, but the character Freya in FFIX was dragoon job class, and Freya in Norse mythology is the Goddess of love, beauty, war and death. Could Lunafreya Nox Fleuret also be (or eventually turn into) the dragoon lady from the early PS3 trailers?

Edit: 'Fleuret' is also French for 'fencing foil, which looks similar to the weapon the dragoon lady had in the 2011 trailer. Sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere.
    Last edited by Meltdown; 03-18-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

It's also my username!

I dunno why I would be so annoyed if it turns out Stella was renamed. The game isn't out yet, the character would still be the same, it makes absolutely no sense that I would be annoyed if we had Luna Nox Fleuret but not Stella Nox Fleuret.

Yet I would be. Here's hoping sisters!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    I'm going to be watching videos of it on youtube. You should as well!

Since I don't have a PS4, I can't go out and get it yet. And I won't be getting a PS4 for Type-0. If XV was coming out... well, that's a whole different story.
    Why not get a PS4 for both Type 0 and 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I dunno why I would be so annoyed if it turns out Stella was renamed. The game isn't out yet, the character would still be the same, it makes absolutely no sense that I would be annoyed if we had Luna Nox Fleuret but not Stella Nox Fleuret.

Yet I would be. Here's hoping sisters!
    You're annoyed because you want two women instead of one.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Personally I think I'd be annoyed if only because I really prefer the Stella design and because the Stella we have seen so far has shown much more character than Luna. Once the game is out, I'm sure these feelings will become fairly redundant.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!