Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tell me XV demo details!

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Yes, you're most likely targeting enemies when trying to get to a tower because you're accidentally or intentionally pressing R1, (trust me I've done this too, I thought warping to a tower involved pressing R1 and it does not)

You cannot be locked onto an enemy if you want to warp to a tower, you have to aim your camera AT the tower with your right stick (the one that controls the camera) and a blue warp circle will pop up and then you press X. Your not supposed to lock on when warping to a tower at all.

Now having to re-explain it, this is also over complicated to warp to a tower XD!!!

(also I understand you guys know how to use a controller and it's functions but I just wanted to be clear with my words!!!)

I keep seeing posts about the same problems and frustrations I experienced, but once I sorted out the controls, the battle experience was much better!
    Last edited by FFFFsephychibi; 03-20-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    (SPOILER)I only found 1 of the phantom swords, in the dungeon where you get the summon. So I'm hoping when I go back and replay I'll find the other 2. Using the phantom sword technique was really fun too, almost like a limit break. The summon, ramuh, was awesome as you've probably seen in a video. SO GOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
    (SPOILER)

These? (bottom-right list) I have no idea how I use them.

Oh cool!!!

It looks like you might have 2 or 3 of them, I ended up getting all 4, I think either once you have 2 of the swords you can activate the technique by pressing L1 and R1 at the same time (and when your mp is completely full)
    Check your weapon menu: Above the weapon slots there should be celtic-ish symbols, those are the 'phantom blades, the number of celtic icons reflects how many swords you've acquired for the technique! You can also toggle to them, as they will tell you what buttons to press to execute a technique in that mode.

FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE DUSCAE_20150320144618.jpg

I restarted the demo today, you can see I have 2 phantom swords right under where it says lv 13.
    Last edited by FFFFsephychibi; 03-20-2015 at 07:45 PM.

I have the third one but I dunno how to use it. It says 'Hold L1' and I'm like I GOT THIS but nothing seems to happen :/

I will be streaming Episode Duscae in about 5 hours or so. Everyone who wants to watch it, is invited to do so. Maybe I will be streaming Type Zero afterwards, It will be shown on the "Streams" list of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I have the third one but I dunno how to use it. It says 'Hold L1' and I'm like I GOT THIS but nothing seems to happen :/
    Can you activate armiger? Or can you just not use the specific move when your in armiger mode? (like knights shield etc)

Quote Originally Posted by FFFFsephychibi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Can you activate armiger? Or can you just not use the specific move when your in armiger mode? (like knights shield etc)
    Ah do you have to do it when in Armiger mode? I thought the Armiger stuff gave you access to separate abilities at any one time (because you can warp whenever). I'm not sure I ever tried using Knights Shield (which is the one giving me problems) when in the Armiger mode...