Thread: Pan!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Pan!

To the chagrin of many of my friends, I have never been a fan of Hook. Never liked it. Something was wrong with it, and I just didn't know what, really. Then came Peter Pan a few years later with Jeremy Sumpter, and that wasn't very good, either. And then we had that godawful live broadcast atrocity with poor Christopher Walken as Hook just recently.

But finally! Finally, I think we have a Pan creation to rival the 1953 Disney version.

I've never been one much for origin stories, but this one looks intriguing and kindof all-around awesome. I really like the idea of Hook and Peter being friends before something comes between them. Stoked to see more of Rooney Mara on screen, but I think she'd be better suited for Wendy rather than Tiger Lily (were no actual Native American actresses available?).

And I reallllllly hope we see a crocodile. I want a Jaws-sized croc appearance.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Another fairy tale, told in a dark and brooding way. Ha... I don't know, it looks a little standard formula? I liked Hook, because it had that old family film feeling that was present in the early 90s. Like a Christopher Columbus style? Plus the music was epic-awesome.

I've found the whole revitalisation of fairy tale stories recently to be a bit hit and miss. I guess we will see, but Hugh Jackman should be fun to watch, since they seem to have made him into a Johnny Depp interpretation of Blackbeard.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I'll probably watch it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Looks like it could be interesting, but also could be a bit too far away from the original story. Might give it a watch, might wait for reviews first though.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Another fairy tale, told in a dark and brooding way. Ha... I don't know, it looks a little standard formula?

Right? God I'm so tired of it.

I actually thought the 1953 Disney version was pretty poor, and the pinnacle for me has been Hook. I'll likely see this one when it hits TV or Netflix, unless a friend really wants to see it in the cinema.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Not liking Hook is just another reason that Shorty is a terrible person with terrible taste.

The movie looks interesting, but I remain skeptical. Some stories lose something if you try to take them too seriously.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I maintain that Hook is not a great film, and that's that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

It's okay, you're allowed to be wrong.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!