Nope. 2000.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The EzBoard only existed for less than 30 days in '99 (26, to be exact), and I doubt reached more than 100 registered members in that time.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Before Eoff I used to post at some anime related forums, all those places disappeared long ago of course..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Nope ! I was way too young, and I don't think that I was even into FF until a couple of years later :/

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Let's see, around the 2000s I joined:

FFRepublic
    FFDiscovery
    FFDistrict

Mid 2000s:

FFInsider
    EoFF

Also a few Zelda places in the early 2000s:

Zelda64 Planet
    Zelda Universe
    Zelda Central HQ/SpiraOnline/The Sacred Realm
    Zelda Connection

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    The EzBoard only existed for less than 30 days in '99 (26, to be exact), and I doubt reached more than 100 registered members in that time.
    I should clarify that it was FFO and FF:ID I joined in 1999. It's possible I didn't come upon EoFF until a year or two afterward. On the other hand, I may very well have visited the Ezboard as there were a million of them popping up at the time.

It's a ton of fun to reminisce with you guys. Though looking back is bittersweet, as I left or faded away from most of these communities on poor terms. I was a pretty emo kid.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by JadenX View Post
    I should clarify that it was FFO and FF:ID I joined in 1999. It's possible I didn't come upon EoFF until a year or two afterward. On the other hand, I may very well have visited the Ezboard as there were a million of them popping up at the time.
    If you ever saw the EoFF EzBoard, it would have had to have been between the end of '99 and the first half of 2000, because after that we moved to UBB (which is what FFO and FFWA used back then). There were zillions of FF EzBoards between 1999-2000, and all of them were relatively tiny by today's standards. In a few months, EoFF had become "the largest FF-related EzBoard" (or so we called ourselves), and while I have no real recollection of the specifics, I don't think we had much more than a couple hundred members.

EDIT:
    I begged for a moderator position (and eventually admin) near the beginning of FF:ID and got it, but I don't think we were ever super active with the exception of a short-lived UBB clOuD set up that served as one of the splinter boards people migrated to after Tifa's 7th Heaven was shut down.
    Are you talking about the FFO forum? Because ahaha that place was great. It was the emo, 12-year-old dating advice forum, which, for those of you who were unfortunate enough to have missed FFO in 1999, was exactly like it sounds.

(in all fairness, I actually lurked in there a fair amount when I first discovered FFO, but in my defense I was like 11-years-old)
    Last edited by Raistlin; 03-24-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't join any FF message boards until EoFF a couple years ago. My first forum I joined (I think) was the Legendary Frog forums, but I can't remember when that was. I just know my cousin introduced me to his final fantasy flash cartoons, so I got obsessed for a little bit. I found the forum tabs, and I'd never really seen anything like that. I don't remember much except for when a friend of mine made an account while he was hanging out at my house and decided to see how quickly he could get banned for being annoying. A few hours later, I was IP banned because of him and it was a sad time.

I wish I would have found this place back then. I feel like I would have loved it here back when people were more excited about the series.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I wish I would have found this place back then. I feel like I would have loved it here back when people were more excited about the series.
    I think we're seeing a return to form with the string of new releases we've had recently. I've found myself checking out the XV and Type-0 forums before hitting up the usual spots of General Chat and Lounge recently

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by JadenX
    I begged for a moderator position (and eventually admin) near the beginning of FF:ID and got it, but I don't think we were ever super active with the exception of a short-lived UBB clOuD set up that served as one of the splinter boards people migrated to after Tifa's 7th Heaven was shut down.
    Are you talking about the FFO forum? Because ahaha that place was great. It was the emo, 12-year-old dating advice forum, which, for those of you who were unfortunate enough to have missed FFO in 1999, was exactly like it sounds.
    The one and only! I wasn't around for long before it was shut down, but was there with the rest of the forlorn teens looking for love. Somewhere in the bowels of my hard drive lurks the farewell elegy I posted.

If memory serves, when FFO went to 5.0, not only 7th Heaven but General Chat was eliminated as well. This resulted in a mass exodus of FFO members to, among other places, a UBB iteration of FF:ID. We were poised as one of the primary destinations for refugees before clOuD burned the UBB to the ground for unknown reasons. Bear in mind my memories of that period aren't complete, and in retrospect I was surely as fickle.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> 2000 was the FF forums golden age right?..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I was five/ six and had never even heard of ff or used the internet, so no.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    wow... I feel old now.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    wow... I feel old now.
    Sweet Jesus. My life in 2000 was weekend free dial-up internet, flittering between FFO Forums, and chatting with random saddo's on Worlds 3D Chat.
    wdsgz2.jpg

I miss early 21st century internet. Now the world is all self-serving narcissism. The internet was mostly friend anons back then, just trying to help each other out - the social phobics of the world.

Bump for 20 years. And covid-19. And FF7 Remake. And all that....

I found a couple of the old Final Fantasy: In Depth (and then Anime: In Depth) members on Facebook, but that was all. The old EZBoard community, which became Yuku, has now migrated to Tapatalk, but it still exists. I suspect some of the other boards may still be there as well, but the ring/links shortcut is long gone so I can't locate them.