Thread: FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #112

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Default FanArt Friday! Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week #112

It's FanArt Friday! Welcome to another edition of Final Fantasy Fan Art Showcase of the Week, where we show the best of the best from DeviantArt! Last week we showed off some excellent artwork, and this week we'll see another set of artists show off their skills. But you're not here for the text... let's get on with the art!

Final Fantasy School Girls by Rina-Liu

Final Fantasy Type-0 was released this week and the entire world is enjoying getting some Final Fantasy characters at school for the first time since Balamb Garden. However, Rina-Liu has ensured that we not forget about the other games in the fantastic series, and here we see Lightning, Yuna, Tifa and Rinoa get to hang out as they head to class. Lovin' the little chibis hanging from their bags. Great work by Rina!

Final Fantasy X - Jecht (Braska's Final Aeon) by SoulStryder210

It's been a while since SoulStryder got his name on this showcase, too long if you ask me! Thankfully he's here to rectify that with a rockin' Jecht piece. The artist - real name Iain Reed - has a unique style that I really enjoy. I can tell you now, there is no way I would want to get on this old man's bad side - he looks ready to deal out some serious damage with that blade.

Noctis by TheFullMetalArtist

If you got Final Fantasy Type-0 pre-ordered, you may now be playing Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae, the official demo of FFXV (psst, click here for a review!). I imagine that's what TheFullMetalArtist has been up to based on this awesome art! The British artist spend about five hours working on this piece using an iPad Air 2 and Pro Create, and I think it's safe to say we are really grateful for it!

FF IX - The little Black Mage by EllyTheGee

Time to get in touch with some more classical fantasy and we're heading to Final Fantasy IX with German artist EllyTheGee! This simple yet detailed artwork really captured my attention as I was browsing DeviantArt this week, the colours are really beautiful! Elly says "Vivi is such an adorable character, with such a sad story about the gentle and kind hearted black mage." I totally agree! If you like this piece, be sure to check out her recent Fran artwork too!

Happy Year of the Sheep! by aquanut

Did you know it's the Chinese Year of the Sheep? Aquanut certainly did, and that's why he's created this delightful little piece for our viewing pleasure! I really love this work, the varying expressions seen by Light, Hope and Vanille are amusing and adorable. This is aquanut's first Final Fantasy fanart since he took part in the Final Fantasy VII: Moments project last year, but you should definitely check out his Final Fantasy gallery which is choc-full of fantastic Final Fantasy XIII FanArt!

Shooting Star by AkinaGasai (cosplay) and Photopihota (photography).

We're not done yet - it's time for Cosplay of the Week! It was a tough call this time around with a lot of artists really showing off some top class attire, but there is something about this Rinoa cosplay that captured the attention. Akina actually almost made Cosplay of the Week last week too with an earlier shot! I think it's the beautiful blue of Rinoa's costume combined with the elfish features of Akina that capture the eye. Of course the expert qualities - and notably, well chosen angle as the lines really draw your eye in - of photographer Photopihota that really allowed this image to shine. Great work you two!

What do you think of all these wonderful pieces? Are you on DeviantArt? Do you have any favourite artists there? Let us know by leaving comments on this article and, of course, click the photos to be taken to the respective DA pages so you can leave comments for them, too! Finally, if you're registered on DeviantArt, be sure to follow the EyesonFF DA Group!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Damn, I want to play FFX again..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

hen I saw this pop up in my feed, I was hoping to see it here.
    http://pre09.deviantart.net/6377/th/...st-d8m29eg.jpg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Will be in contention for next week - I cover the Monday-to-Monday before the FanArt Friday goes up, because that allows me to catch up with artists and get permission to post.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Braska's Final Aeon is awesome.