Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which trio are you rocking as your mains? Who are the biggest losers?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Cookie Which trio are you rocking as your mains? Who are the biggest losers?

Or are you one of these "I use them all evenly!" hippies?

Eight's my #1 boy, supported by Rem and Ace. B-Team is Queen, Machina and Trey. Jack and Deuce are allowed nowhere near the frontlines because they smurfing suck ass.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Main:

Rem, Cater, Ace

Rem is super nimble, lots of fast combos and the Reraise ability is fab. Ace has support deck on and is generally awesome. Cater is the debuff queen.

Sub:

Queen, Deuce, X

Rarely use:

Jack, Cinque

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The guy with the cards, the girl with the scythe, and the girl with the whip.

I can't remember any of their names.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

King got promoted to my B-Team and my alt if Eight goes down. Something entirely satisfying about letting rip with those pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    The guy with the cards, the girl with the scythe, and the girl with the whip.

I can't remember any of their names.
    Yes, Ace, Sice and Seven are my team as well, alternatively Queen or Nine. I also use Machina and Rem. I mean, I use everyone but those are my mains.

I'm still deciding, I haven't tried them all yet. Sice and Rem are great fun to use.

Question! Before I go into a mission some of my team are highlighted in yellow. What does this mean? If there's tutorial for it I haven't found it yet. This game is really bad at explaining itself.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've read that if you go into a mission with a team of everyone (I think) highlighted yellow, they get a buff called aura. Couldn't tell you anymore detail than that as I haven't had much chance to play the game, but I did read that tidbit somewhere.

Oooh I had noticed Aura popping up from time to time... cool! I'll keep an eye on them next mission and see if they have aura.

I'm not really set in my ways or too far in as of yet but Sice, Ace and Rem are feelin' pretty good. My B-team is Machina, Rem and Cater for now. We'll see how it goes I suppose, still so much to feel out!
    "And if all the world is but a song of swords and spells then where on the threads of fate must we lie?"

I have a suspicion that Duce is going to unlock some ungodly abilities considering how useless she appears to be..

The only thing set in stone for me so far is that Seven is my main. I love her. Each attack in her combo is a super fast AOE attack. She's the best. I can't remember what I did to do it but I unlocked her summer outfit. :3

I've heard mention of a bikini but it was from an NPC bragging about prancing around her house in it. No mention of the things being available to me. Nice to look forward to changing clothes

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

After toying around, I can say that Deuce is the best character.

You can make her so brokenly overpowered by using Avoid as her Defensive Ability, and the Stun song and the Heal song as her 2 usable abilities.

Just walk around playing a flute, auto-dodging pretty much everything.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    I've read that if you go into a mission with a team of everyone (I think) highlighted yellow, they get a buff called aura. Couldn't tell you anymore detail than that as I haven't had much chance to play the game, but I did read that tidbit somewhere.
    I wondered what that was. Thanks for pointing that out!

As for my favourite trio I haven't played with any enough to really determine that. I've played as Ace, Trey, Cater, Seven, Eight, Nine, Queen and Rem. Out of those three I'd say my favourites are Cater, Seven and Eight. Cater's charge feature is pretty good, Eight is just like POW POW POW and Seven's whip move (snakebite) packs a punch. I'm going to play more tonight and try out some more characters, and I haven't used the altocrystarium yet (which I've only just unlocked) so that might change once I unlock different abilities for my characters.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm very early in the game but I'm starting to get my feel for the characters as I'm rotating them (ordering them by lowest to highest level).

So far, Trey, Sice, Eight, Rem, Ace and Cinque are my go-to-crew when it comes to getting things back on track. Queen is great as a party member for heals. Deuce is really annoying and I have to play her a lot as she's rubbish at levelling up. But because of this, I'm learning how to play her better more than I am the rest. I'll probably continue with playing the lowest level most and see how far it gets me. I find this means I have to play quite a number of random battles between missions, though, as it suggests the next mission is for Level 13 and I think I only have Trey on that level at the moment.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!