Thread: How to get to the Hidden Titan in Episode Duscae guide

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default How to get to the Hidden Titan in Episode Duscae guide

For those of you who don't know, a gigantic model of Titan holding up a crystal is hidden on Episode Duscae. You're not really meant to be able to get there, as it requires you glitching your way out of the boundaries of the map. A video with this was posted by Tyson on the forums the other day, but I felt the video missed out a few details on how to do it so I've made a guide for Eyes on FF. The guide comes in screenshot and video formats so use whichever you prefer!

titan1.jpg
    Click the screenshots to make them bigger.

Get to the south edge of the map, as shown in the screenshot. You'll reach an impassable wall which you can't go through. What we're going to want to do is have a car hit us and push us over the borders of the map - the tricky part comes with cars either swerving or stopping to avoiding you.

Clamber to the top of the rock formation shown using O or B to jump. You'll want to be at the top as otherwise your party will gather by the fence and distract the cars. Cars will come by every two minutes during the day.

When a car comes, wait for it to be just in front of the lampost and jump off the rocks and hop the fence. If you timed it right, the car will hit you and push you over the boundaries. Don't worry if it takes you a few attempts to get the timing right, it's just something you get a knack for. Wave goodbye to your party, as they're not able to come with you.

Be very careful once you're across the borders. If you go too far, you'll end up being given a Game Over. The playable area seems to line up with your map. Once you're in, head south around a rocky outcrop and then head west as soon as possible, making the crystal formation your target.

Across a road you'll come upon a series of rocky ledges. You'll need to jump to get up these. If you ever reach a ledge which is too high to jump, just make your way around and you'll find the way up. As before, just be careful not to head too far south as you can still hit a game over here.

On the southern tip of the highest ledge you can reach, you'll see this low-res texture. You can phase through this with no problems. There'll be a couple of normal rocks which you can't walk through here, which you'll know from their high-res and lighter coloured texture. There's a gap you can make it through here.

You will tumble down a cliff which will do damage to Noctis, but shouldn't come close to killing him. You will want to make your way through this area, although it may look like slow going. You should head in a North-Westish direction, as Titan is in the very bottom corner and is north facing.

After a minute or two you should see Titan to your left. It's best to come here during the day, as if night has fallen you'll only be able to make out his feet. Take a victory selfie with the big ol' Eidolon! Just be careful not to get too close as you'll hit the Game Over barrier.

I've also made a video of this, so do check it out if anything is unclear or if you're just curious about seeing the hidden Titan.

That's the end of the guide, hope someone out there finds it useful! Let me know if you have any questions!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Neat. Looks like they probably had planned on putting him in the demo at some point.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll have to try this out soon!