Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel Superheroes, Star Wars, and/or the Muppets in Kingdom Hearts III?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's the point of throwing all of this trout into the blender, really? There isn't one. It's for commercial value, period. Instead of snatching up every single character Disney owns and throwing them together into a game, they should maybe create some new characters that could perform just as well instead.

I could see it when it was just all of the Disney movies and the Mickey Mouse club and all of that, but Disney didn't create Star Wars, they didn't create The Muppets, they didn't create the Marvel superheroes. Those characters are not part of the Disney world. Disney owns them, and that's all. Then again, why would they have bought these franchises if they couldn't capitalize the trout out of each and every one of them? It will probably happen, unfortunately.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Because it's not Smash Bros., which is a crossover of everything. The main story stands on its own now and there really is no reason to add more franchises and unbalance it ridiculously with huge new universes. The Disney movies that serve as worlds are fairly self contained, while the FF characters are merely cameos.
    There is a reason. A very simple one. The same reason the FF characters are in the series: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ And they're bound to make plenty of it given the franchises' popularity. Besides, the Marvel/Star Wars characters are likely to be glorified cameos like the FF characters anyway and used to bait in gamers who wouldn't have otherwise given KH the time of day.

This seems right down their alley to me. I know plenty of KH fans who wouldn't have become fans if it wasn't for the promise of FF characters. So I guess I just have more faith the KH team know what they're doing if they go this route. Ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    I think it could work. I remember being skeptical about the Tron world and it was awesome. Mowing down droids and having lightsaber-keybalde duels sounds pretty aweomse tbh. Though I say this from the perspective of someone who hasn't played a Kingdom Hearts game since Chain of Memories and who consequently gives zero smurfs about the story at this point. Just make it fun. And if they decided to go so far as to put Star Wars into the game, I'm sure they'd put extra effort into making sure it didn't suck.
    I agree with this. And Darth Vader boss fight.

Honestly, if done right the addition of Marvel/Star Wars would reignite my interest in the games if anything.
    Last edited by Ayen; 05-28-2015 at 05:50 AM.

I don't know what the big fuss is about. Star Wars is basically already IN Kingdom Hearts. Did you guys not remember the Death Star run you guys made in the Gummi Ship in Kingdom Hearts II?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Less of that crap and more taking the story back to basics KH1 style.

Obviously you need new worlds and it needs Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Pinocchio and Toy Story worlds please!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Cinders and Sleeping Beauty have been done, mate. As has Pinocchio! Yes, more than just Monstro. Get with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Cinders and Sleeping Beauty have been done, mate. As has Pinocchio! Yes, more than just Monstro. Get with the times.
    How is this even possible?

I've even tried to suck it up and play their stupid game of cross platform, region and country missing, spin off loving ways and still I've missed things?

I'M DONE WITH THIS STUPID SERIES!

Until KH3 comes out then I'm buying a PS4 just to play it.