Thread: Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Player Survey

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Default Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae Player Survey

Square Enix have launched a site in order to gain feedback for the recently released demo of Final Fantasy XV. In order to give feedback you must enter your demo code before being able to continue. You can find the link here.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Will definitely do this later

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Maybe I will, after I actually get the goddamn game. This idiotic UK web shop seems to think 12 working days is acceptable when you don't even ship the item ahead of the release date.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Maybe I will, after I actually get the goddamn game. This idiotic UK web shop seems to think 12 working days is acceptable when you don't even ship the item ahead of the release date.
    I'm sorry about that, it's my fault you're waiting I was just trying to help with getting the game cheaper. I went in to town on launch day and paid more for it incase it didn't arrive from Zavvi (which it didn't because like you said they didn't even dispatch it). I then cancelled the online order - won't be using them again. Has your copy beed dispatched yet?
    Last edited by fat_moogle; 03-27-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Monday afternoon this week. Probably too late for it to actually get anywhere in the mail until tuesday .

It's not all terrible though. I don't actually have a PS4 yet and if I'm lucky, I'll find a good deal on one before the game gets here so I might save some money there too.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Please please please you guys, complain about locking on, the camera, and the troutty names! For me!
    placeholder_text.jpeg

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Just completed the survey (it's quite a long one!) You get some wallpapers at the end as a thanks.

My response was pretty positive, think I used 800 words out of the 1000 word limit haha, only thing I really critiqued was the camera being in too close to Noctis. Everything else I was pretty happy with. Made sure to mention my disdain for 13 tho, don't want them making it anything like that!

Articles

FFXIV Character

It's not all terrible though. I don't actually have a PS4 yet and if I'm lucky, I'll find a good deal on one before the game gets here so I might save some money there too.
    You're the second person I know who has ordered this game before getting a PS4. Hope you manage to find a good deal soon!

As for the feedback I'll do it when I've got a chance. I don't really have much bad to say. The camera wasn't too much of an issue for me and I didn't find it too zoomed in (maybe for the behemoth fight).

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It won't accept my code! Does it require the dashes between the letters? I've tried it both with and without anyway so I don't know why I'm asking.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

If you're in EU you need to go into your EU SQEX account at https://membership.square-enix.com/users/sign_in and redeem your FFType-0 HD product registration code. The survey will then be available in your account management.

As you have a promo copy of type-0, it's unlikely you'll have a product registration code - they only come with physical retail copies.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Does anyone know when it's too late to fill in this survey?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Does anyone know when it's too late to fill in this survey?
    The game will probably be in development for another 10 years so I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to submit it

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I went ahead and did it.

This doesn't make me very hopeful that the game will be completed anytime soon.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Things that I don't like about the demo:

• The framerate is a bit of a problem, but expected and I wouldn't doubt it will be patched for the full game, but it's still right now a problem, so it needs addressed.
    • The item UI is extremely bland and boring. It needs to be spriced up. The other UI's on the other hand are lush and beautiful.
    • Voice actor volume. At points when they're whispering, it's absolutely SILENT. If you aren't playing with subtitles, you most likely wouldn't even know what the hell they're saying to you.
    • The behemoth tracking, while well done and can be rather exhilarating, can also feel rather tedious. Tracking certain things, for example, just seemed to take too long just for the sake of stretching out the affair. Possibly to showcase the demo more, which isn't really a problem, but I do hope that we're not, say, spending 40 minutes tracking Leviathan's smurfing tracks before we can grab him into our summoning jar and unleash that mofo on some baddies.
    • The daily boosts that constantly flash next the characters names. Do the icons have to be that big? I feel that it's really tacky looking, and often distracting. A bit of a small thing, but to me it irritates me more than it probably should. Make it smaller SE!

I'm sure there's a few more small things, but these are the only things that come to mind at the mo'.

Anybody that has a code can feel free to add this into their own thoughts and concerns if they do wish. This game looks absolutely incredible in almost every degree.

I love how it borrows the similar battle style that Lightning Returns introduced, but much more fleshed out. Everything is in real time, the way that a lot of JRPGs have struggled with in the last ten years, and it runs smoothly. It reminds me of Dark Souls, and Dragon's Dogma, with some small splashes of a hack and slash game like Devil May Cry. The animations make me cream my pants, and I can't wait to see the full game. Oh my god I can't wait.

It worries me a little bit that development is WAY early judging by this, though that's not entirely surprising granting all the changes and shuffling around this game has endured. I'm glad to see a survey at least on what people want to get from XV but still, I don't want to wait another long ass time!
    "And if all the world is but a song of swords and spells then where on the threads of fate must we lie?"