Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Guest Party in FFXV a possibility

Default Female Guest Party in FFXV a possibility

Q: How about female characters in the party?

A: “It’s possible we’ll have female characters join the party as guests. But since it’s an [sic?] all-mate party, when you have a female character as a guest, their behavior might change because a woman is around.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/final-fan...rty-characters

Discuss......

Personally, I want Stella.....in the party....so badly......
    Last edited by JunkoEve; 04-01-2015 at 01:17 AM.

So they caved and decided to add a woman?

EXPERIENCE RUINED

In my opinion I think they always planned for a female guest character, but wanted to keep it a surprise. So now they're having to hint bomb for damage control. Tho personally I'm really not bothered either way. After 3 games of female leads I'm all for a bit of mixing up the formula.

The question is, which female would join the party and during which part of the story.

I really want to discuss about that.

Personally, I'd really want Stella to be in the group, probably towards the end of the game, and that she can be carried over to a New Game+ feature. Now that would be awesome.

I love how everyone complained about X-2's lack of a male character in the party.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

That's cool I guess, but guest characters that you have no control over don't excite me much. I mean, back in the day, guest characters like Beatrix in FFIX and Banon in FFVI etc, characters that you actually had control over like the rest of your party, that was cool. But like, the guest characters in FFXII and XIII-2/Lightning Returns did nothing for me. I all but forgot they were even there while I was fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante WolfWood View Post
    I love how everyone complained about X-2's lack of a male character in the party.
    Everyone where exactly? Certainly not here.

I recall everyone complaining about X-2 for a ton of reasons, but that wasn't one of them.
    I like Kung-Fu.

You might need to get your sarcasm radar looked at. Think it's malfunctioning.
    Last edited by Dante WolfWood; 04-02-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The all-male thing was odd at first, but really all that matters is that the characters are compelling. I'm also more annoyed with the lack of playing anyone other than Noctis than I am at the gender of his friends.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JunkoEve View Post
    But since it’s an [sic?] all-mate party, when you have a female character as a guest, their behavior might change because a woman is around.”
    This made me laugh more than it should have.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Not sure why you would say this.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Tyson Ferrari (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I imagine because there has been hundreds of articles written in the past few months about how it is sexist and regressive for the entire party of FFXV to be completely male. Yet when FFX-2 had an all female cast very few people came out and said the same, it was just viewed as a creative decision for the story.

Dante was being sarcastic.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I'd be more interested in a monstrous genderless creature guest part. Really I would.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I imagine because there has been hundreds of articles written in the past few months about how it is sexist and regressive for the entire party of FFXV to be completely male. Yet when FFX-2 had an all female cast very few people came out and said the same, it was just viewed as a creative decision for the story.

Dante was being sarcastic.
    I know he was being sarcastic. That was actually the reason why I made that post.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I know he was being sarcastic. That was actually the reason why I made that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
    In my opinion I think they always planned for a female guest character, but wanted to keep it a surprise. So now they're having to hint bomb for damage control. Tho personally I'm really not bothered either way. After 3 games of female leads I'm all for a bit of mixing up the formula.

So why can't we control more than one character, if the possibility exists of playing as more than one character during the course of the story?

This single player FF is gonna be a strange thing for sure, but I'm not ready to discount the game just for being limited. Art thrives on limitations. If you don't have to input commands for the other party members to attack, the game becomes a single player session of Secret of Mana.

And that's ahem, nothing to sneeze at.