Thread: Thai!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Thai!

I'm making a thai green curry tonight for the first time. Super excited. I marinated my chicken for a few hours in a home made green chilli paste and as soon as I added it to my pan of stock.... omg, the smell - immediately through the house! So goooooooood! Will post a delicious mouth watering pic when it's done!

Do you like Thai food? Which is your favourite curry? Red, green, or yellow? :o

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am torn between red and green. I JUST CAN'T CHOOSE BETWEEN EITHER OF THEM.

Okay probably green too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Definitely green. It's just the perfect accompaniment to the meat and all the Thai spices. Red is probably my favourite pepper in general as it's a bit more versatile but green is the king of Thai dishes.

If if someone could now make me one that would be great. If not, I'll settle for Tara's pic of hers.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I've only had Thai food once in my life. Del Murder, Shorty, and Miriel had chosen the place after the SE PR thing for Lighting Returns. It was green I think. Very good stuff. Never have had it again. I haven't tried to make it as i'm unfamiliar with it myself and I don't trust oklahoma places to really do it justice. I have a very positive memory of that food, I don't want to ruin it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Whoooaaa it's coconut milk?! I didn't see that coming.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Coconut, lime, and peanut, yep. One of my favorite soups uses coconut milk and lime with chicken, green onions, and mushrooms. It's great.

I like yellow the best, but I like 'em all.

I think yellow works best for most poultry and fish dishes, but I've had some good red thai curry with fish. It's hard to go wrong!

I like Thai, but prefer mine on the less-peanutty side. I don't know enough about the different curries to pick my favorite.

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I ended up scoffing the curry too quickly to take a pic! It was delicious though. So spicy but not overpowering. I will make it again for sure. I made my Thai green marinade with....

2 fresh green chillies chopped
    tiny bit of ginger
    tbsp fish sauce
    tsp soy sauce
    finely diced clove of garlic
    tsp of chopped Palm sugar

just crushed it all up in a bowl till it was mushy then added my diced chicken and let it sit for about 2 hours. I did use a jar of paste too during the cooking but next time I'll probably just bulk up this paste and use that as the flavour and smell was awesome! And I found the paste tasted a bit plain and was lacking a kick so I'm glad I had marinated my chicken. It made all the difference

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

THAI CURRY IS THE GREATEST FOOD IN EXISTENCE

Green is best! I also like yellow. Bring on pounds of squash and eggplant! However, I have never made a batch of thai that tasted on par with restaurant. I do know that the key ingredient is fish sauce, but for some reason, I just don't have the magic to make it happen.

Thai food is the best food; but curry is not the best Thai food.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    Thai food is the best food; but curry is not the best Thai food.
    This.

Pad Kee Mao FTW.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.