10 22.73%
  • No, never

23 52.27%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you smoke?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Weed is not found in hookah shisha xD In no place I have ever been or smoked has there been weed in hookah tobacco.

It also makes me ill after too much of it, but I really like a few little puffs when I have a nice buzz going.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Shisha especially abroad often contains a simple ingredient: Hashish - Hash for short. Yup weed is commonly found in them. Smoking a Shisha pipe for several hours can of course make you feel sick. As can smoking too much weed. Especially if you're not used to it.
    stop being a puss.

Blog Entries

Tried it. Didn't like it. They made me sick whenever I'd smoke them. Even if I did smoke before, I wouldn't now with a baby on the way.

Still rowing...

Marlborough
    spelled like a true non-american

i've smoked hookah and injected marijuanas but not the normal cancer stick tobacco

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I have allergies and asthma caused by allergies and smoking so it'd be a terrible idea for me to start. I've tried it, I even purposely tried to get addicted to see how easy it would be to stop so I could scoff at people who act like its such a hard thing to do.
    Wait, what?
    I grew up around nothing but smokers. My dad, all siblings, 90% of my cousins and aunts and uncles. I always considered them weak. I got tired of hearing smokers tell people not to smoke. And act like they shouldn't be smoking, but keep doing, and pretend to be unable to stop. Also grew up with a few alcoholics. Brother especially bad, with the typical story of losing his job and family and crap. So much addiction in my family. Alcohol itself is non-addictive, and once I was old enough to drink and un-demonize it, I realized just how weak my brother was. So I also wanted to know how weak the rest of my family was. I knew cigarettes were legitimately addictive, I wanted to know how much. I needed to know how weak my family was. Or if there was a real problem with cigarettes. Scoff at me if you want, but it was something that had haunted me since childhood and I really had to know. I tried marijuana for the same reason. To see if it was rightfully demonized or if the pot-heads I knew were just weak. But yeah. I smoked half a pack in a night, and felt no future desire. So either I just don't have an addictive personality or they're not half as addictive as people pretend they are

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No, but I used to. I smoked for several years. I've used an ecig for 8 months now, and I will never go back to cigarettes.

I've tried one or two since quitting, and it just tastes awful, smells awful and makes me feel sick. So, I don't even crave real cigarettes anymore.

My ecig tastes fresh and minty, gives me the nicotine that I crave and my health and fitness has improved leaps and bounds. The only downside to quitting smoking was the insomnia that came with it, I barely slept for three weeks.

Nope. I tried it and went through a weird few months where I would smoke menthols when drunk, but I was never really into it.

I can't stand the smell of smoke. My best friend went to uni and got close with a girl who was a chain smoker and consequently began smoking frequently also (she still does). It really upsets me. The girl ended up getting cancer but still smokes- what an idiot.

I could never be with someone who smokes. It'd be like kissing an ashtray- ewww.

More recently I've developped a deeper hate for cigarettes (and idiots) after seeing lines of pregnant women outside the maternity unit just puffing away on them. It makes me wanna smack them in the face.

I've smoked about 30 cigarettes in my life, all of them when I first turned 18 and went partying in town. Was more of a social thing really, but it just made me feel gross in the morning so I don't bother anymore.

I've never smoked shisha and I've smoked weed about three times, but wasn't really a fan.

The only thing I've smoked in the last 4 years are a couple of cigars.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

5 months smoke free as of yesterday.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Marlborough
    Well that would be because this gentleman learnt to spell in the home counties of England. You know, the place where proper English comes from!

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    Marlborough
    Well that would be because this gentleman learnt to spell in the home counties of England. You know, the place where proper English comes from!
    It has nothing to do with that considering it's a company name. The correct way is Malboro.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    It has nothing to do with that considering it's a company name. The correct way is Malboro.
    Except that it's not. It's actually Marlboro.

... and the only reason it's called Marlboro is because the first ever factory for these cigarettes was on Great Marlborough Street in London. However, the brand name Marlborough was subsequently changed so the average American consumer was able to understand and pronounce the word.

All hail Steve... protector of the English language.

Malboros use Bad Breath for a reason.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Except that it's not. It's actually Marlboro.

All hail Steve... protector of the English language.
    Typo, but yes you're correct about the part I quoted, except about Steve. Steve is still wrong as always.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Used to. Quit about two months ago. Cold turkey. Won't go back. I can't stand the smell. Especially now that I actually have a sense of smell again. I was constantly embarrassed about smelling like an ashtray everywhere I went. And yeah, kissing a smoker is a terrible awful experience. I loathe being around my smoker friends now. It might even be bad enough to mean some of those friendships come to an end, but dammit it's worth it, even so.