Thread: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Default Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

Yes, it exists, and is also now known as Revelation of the Illusion #FE in Japan.

I was hoping someone would pick up on the awesome new trailer that announced now that we have so much more to go on with this game. But, it falls to me.

So, so awesome. Hype!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I seen this trailer on the latest Nintendo Direct on April 1st. I was really hyped when I was watching it, going "Omg, what is this?!" before they revealed it was SMT x FE. I was expecting to see familiar characters from the Persona series, but I'm pretty happy to see it's all original and new characters. It looks really gorgeous too.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I saw a teaser and someone on GameSpot talking about the reveals for some Nintendo event or something. They brought up this and the new Fire Emblem and revealed a few things. And I am super stoked for both. Even though I've yet to finish a 3DS game, I've loved quite a few of them. And this will sit happily with my collection and join Record Breaker and Bravely Default and FE: Awakening as games I love and wish I could play more comfortably. But I just moved into a new home with a lot more space, and more furniture and spaces for privacy. I plan on setting up a dedicated reading and writing area which will probably be perfect for 3DS and Vita gaming...

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm kinda hyped, but at the same time I get the feeling the game looks like neither of the games it borrows from. Then again, I'm a MegaTen fan who's only played Awakening, so maybe I don't know my trout. I was also hoping to see more overt SMT elements, though the song lyrics do hint at something much darker and more in line with SMT than the melody lets on. That all being said, I'm still really stoked for the game!

Have some more details. They may alleviate some of your worries.

Listen to that last bit, referring to the interview with Hitoshi Yamigami. This game really does seem to be his dream child. And given how brilliant so many of his projects have been, and the two INCREDIBLE teams he has working with him, this is something I want to see.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

That does look pretty cool. Although yeah, it mostly looks like it's simply going to be FE set in modern times. Here's hoping for more overt MegaTen elements!

Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    That does look pretty cool. Although yeah, it mostly looks like it's simply going to be FE set in modern times. Here's hoping for more overt MegaTen elements!
    While you're right, the few glimpses we have had of enemies and abilities are making me think that there is going to be a fairly heavy SMT vibe in the combat and the story. Also, the fantasy/modern setting juxtaposition screams SMT to me, even if it is just Fire Emblem in modern times. I'm glad they decided to work with ATLUS to bring that vision to fruition, because ATLUS has done so well with those ideas in the past.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not going to lie, the trailer was not what I was expecting. Not sure how I feel about it yet but going to wait until we finally get more information.