Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crack that whip!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

ZOMG! Crack that whip!

By whip I mean knuckles. Or neck. Or back. What body parts of yours can you crack/pop? I can get all of my fingers on the bottom knuckle joint, and all the ones on my right hand on the top joint as well. Isn't it fun? I feel really on edge until I've cracked them all if I ever get the urge. Then you have weird people all around you who get offended at joint cracking Discuss this most noble of pastimes!

Blog Entries

I can crack all the bottom knuckles on my fingers, and that one bone/joint/knuckle below my thumbs that connects to the wrist or whatever.

My ankle cracks involuntarily when I walk sometimes. And sometimes my knees get stiff so I pop them too. And I can pop my back in a few places, but I haven't done that in ages.

I kind of try to not do any voluntary joint popping though. I don't want really bad arthritis when I get old.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The arthritis thing is a myth designed to make people stop being so annoying with it. Crack away!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I'm not too creaky overall, and I don't actively crack anything.

However, pretty much any time I move my right hand, it will crack. So just flexing my fingers makes a symphony of pops.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I crack all the bones! Well seriously speaking as a list?
    Voluntarily:

- Fingers - bottom middle and top joints, I do this repeatedly, sometimes they crack like dry twigs other times I get massive pops which disturb half the office. I get told not to do this because it disgusts my colleagues, so often I actually laugh and express the fact that it's not entirely voluntary I just flex/clench my hands and it goes. Right this second I just set off a loud quadruple crack followed by the first finger on my right hand popping when I exerted pressure on it.
    - Shoulders/neck - I roll my shoulders back and force the shoulder blades to crack my vertebrae from neck to mid back as I roll the pressure wave down, I generally need some tension to pull it off sometimes it'll happen when I stretch.

Involuntary but fairly frequent:

- Wrists - that's a little difficult to do but it happens and can be actually painful due to the sheer number of nerves that can get pinched/displaced
    - Elbow - again, not something I particularly do intentionally but it happens
    - Right Knee and Ankle - I reckon these are to do with my various incidents on the right leg. I can't choose when this happens but when it does it's super loud

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I can (and regularly do) pop all the joints in my fingers and hands.

I can pop my back and neck. I have a trick hip that likes to pop on it's own. I have a big toe that pops.

About the weirdest thing I can pop voluntarily are my ribs where they join at the sternum. If I stretch right I can occasionally get them to pop all the way down on both sides. Usually it's just a few.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can do my knuckles and fingers and toes and that's it. My sister does her neck and I'm always afraid she's going to kill herself like how people break necks in movies.

My ankles also crack and pop a lot in the morning.

Articles
    Blog Entries

None and I plan to keep it that way.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welp, I do have arthritis so basically all of my joints. Sometimes I freak myself out because when I get out of bed about 5 different things crack. Sounds like Pringles. I crack my knuckles intentionally every so often and I know a lot of people dislike that. My mom says it will make me have man hands.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

None because it's gross and also painful D:

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    I can pop voluntarily are my ribs where they join at the sternum. If I stretch right I can occasionally get them to pop all the way down on both sides.
    Oh my god what.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The only one I can do is my jaw and it's involuntary it just happens sometimes and then stops! I guess if I tried I could do it whenever but ew no.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Knuckles (not related to the Sonic franchise) and neck I crack intentionally because it feels good/satisfying. I can make my both my wrists crack good too, but I get nothing out of that.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I crack my knuckles all the time and pop shoulders to loosen up. I crack my neck involuntarily when people or things get annoying.

Blog Entries

whip_it.gif

My knees crack every time I bend them, but that's probably more to do with the fact they're on their way out more than anything.

there was a picture here