Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're giving me a real headache!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Braaaaaains You're giving me a real headache!

How often do you get headaches? Where in your head? What are your preferred methods of bringing those bastards to heel?

I can go months without one but then get two or three in a week, all in different places on my head. Around my temples and my eye socket areas are common. I am a huge gigantic babby with medicine so I used to just try to sleep them off, but I've recently discovered meltlets. They're pills that dissolve in your mouth. They're meant to taste like lemon although I assume that just got mislabeled and what they meant to say was elephant vomit. Still, they do the trick and even babby old me can swallow them!

OTC migraine pills at the very first sign of a headache. Works every time.

Blog Entries

Not too often anymore. There were times in my teens when I would get them quite often. Hmmm football? My mom has them almost daily, she's had neck surgery to try and relieve pain.

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Not too often anymore. There were times in my teens when I would get them quite often. Hmmm football? My mom has them almost daily, she's had neck surgery to try and relieve pain.
    My fiance is like that. She was sledding down a hill years ago and ran right into a tree. Multiple surgeries later, she has migraines practically daily. I really hate it for her.

Blog Entries

My mom is a registered OR nurse and hurt her neck/back lifting heavy people on and off beds for surgery. She had to ave several vertebrae fused like 15 years ago or so.

My mom is a registered OR nurse and hurt her neck/back lifting heavy people on and off beds for surgery. She had to ave several vertebrae fused like 15 years ago or so.
    My sister has similar problems as a OR nurse. I don't understand why they don't have employees specifically for that kind of lifting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dante WolfWood View Post
    My sister has similar problems as a OR nurse. I don't understand why they don't have employees specifically for that kind of lifting.
    There's actually been several laws around the country passed since this is a bigger problem than people realize. Hospitals are just slow at getting the equipment and good about not reporting things. There was a big investigation on "all things considered" on NPR recently that was pretty interesting.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The hospital system I work for was featured prominently in that report. :/ I can say it's gotten better under new leadership

Signature by rubah. I think.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sinus problems up the wazoo so I get headaches more frequently than I'd like. Usually they go away when I rest or take some decongestant medicine. Stress induced headaches are only cured two ways for me: sleep or sex. I very rarely take any pills or anything for headaches unless it's allergy related.

mostly from hangovers cause i'm an idiot who gets hangovers. around the eyes. sucks.

I get them all the time...I have terrible sinuses. I actually have one right now that I've had for two days. Mine are usually around the eye sockets and temples too but the worst ones travel around my head. I usually take some medicine and nap for awhile...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't get pounding headaches very often, but instead I experience dizziness and lightheadedness somewhat frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I don't get headaches very often, but instead I experience dizziness and lightheadedness somewhat frequently.
    I envy you lol I would much rather be dizzy!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to get frequent migraines and headaches. Most of them would start in the muscles around my left eye as a twitch there. So after some deliberation where I convinced myself that there was a pattern to the headaches I went and got an eye test. Now that I have glasses I'm getting far fewer headaches or migraines.

When I get a headache though or a migraine the treatment is the same: Painkillers, lots of them depending on how bad it is I'll wind up taking both ibuprofen based pain killers and paracetamol based ones simultaneously. Essentially my policy is to take off and nuke the site from orbit.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to get headaches a lot but I haven't had one in a while I don't think. I stopped drinking so much soda? Maybe that helped? We'll see.

Signature by rubah. I think.