Thread: The last of us

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo The last of us

Are you able to bring yourself to use the very last of an ingredient - peanut butter, for example? If not, is this because you think it's gross, or you feel bad for not leaving any for anyone else, or some other reason? Do you even notice that ingredients are running low, or are you of the "going to the supermarket for two things" persuasion?

Discuss.

Blog Entries

I absolutely cannot stand wasted food. It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I will scrape the bottom of any jar or baggy to get as much out of it as possible.

It's a bit contradictory of me though 'cuz I tend to cook larger quantities of food and sometimes wind up having to throw it out anyway 'cuz it didn't all get eaten before it went bad.

As far as grocery shopping goes, I try to only go like twice a week. I'll take stock of seasonings and any cooking liquids (vinegar, soy sauce, etc) that I'm running low on and buy new, but I'm sure to use what's left of the old first. Some days, though, I'll go and get just enough for a couple of days 'cuz I don't feel like standing in line and taking 5ever to get it all rung up and paid for.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I use as much as possible. Unfortunately, sometimes I do have to throw out vegetables or fruit or bread because I haven't used them in time for them to go bad. But preservative ingredients like spices, peanut butter, honey, hot sauce? I use all I can.

I only shop when I feel like it, but I can live off any food, even left overs. I have a stomach of steel, I can eat anything lol