View Poll Results: Do you like the Minigame Sphere Break?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am a mathematical wizzkid

6 33.33%
  • No, 2+2=5. Dur.

12 66.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sphere Break - Love it or Hate it?

Tomorrow's poll better be either "Did you like the chocobo races (VII)?" or "Did you enjoy Chocobo Hot and Cold (IX)?", and if every single person doesn't vote yes, I'm rage quitting this site.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Chocobo hot and cold was lame.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Chocobo Hot and Cold was like cocaine to me. I played it more than I played the rest of the entire game.

I found it frustrating and annoying. Hey, look the core popped up a "1" again. So all those echo bonuses you've been building? Yeah, they're useless, because you're going to clear this one immediately.

That single RNG aspect, and the fact that more "difficult" opponents simply mean that they pop up a "1" more frequently, torpedoed the entire game.

The math itself isn't hard. There was a nice bit of tactics to figuring out how to set and maintain your echo bonuses without clearing the entire board too quickly. I appreciated that.

But having the RNG be able to just burn through your turns, and giving you no recourse to stop it, completely ruined the game.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

I am personally a big fan of this game because I'm pretty good when it comes to numbers. The 4 tokens they give you, being 2, 3, 5 and 7 work for all instances.

1 - Any of the above
    2 - 2, or any two other
    3 - 3, or 7+5 or
    4 - 7+5
    5 - 5 or 3+5
    6 - 7+5 or 7+3+2
    7 - 7 or 5+2
    8 - 5+3 or 7+5+2
    9 - 7+2.

You can use these to keep any chain going and build on it with the outside numbers. So if the bonus is 5, choose a 3 and then build up the surrounding numbers such as 4+1 or 7+3 until you run out before bringing it back to the 2 to match it all off. It's super easy but I know people seem to dislike this particular game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

the difficulty is in building the same number of combos every time , not defaulting to the simplest solution every time . You don't get points for only using core coins do you?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    But having the RNG be able to just burn through your turns, and giving you no recourse to stop it, completely ruined the game.
    There is one recourse to stop it, and that is using multiplier echos instead of coin count echos. It doesn't work in the tournament of course, but you can use them outside of it. They actually make the game almost hilariously easy because keeping up your chain is pretty trivial, and the amount of echo bonus you get keeps rising and rising. Even the creature create elite players that require an average of 20 quota per turn (500 in 25 / 600 in 30) aren't that challenging.

FFX-2 easily had the worst mini-games of the two.

I still don't know what possessed them to ruin Blitzball.... "Sigh" if Only some glorious hacker could put old blitzball into FFX-2.... you'd have a near perfect game.
    "The Save Sphere debacle of 2014: Never Forget"

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

That's off topic, but I'll agree. Blitzball in x-2 is very boring.

FFXIV Character

Temaia Aetherwynn (Behemoth)

I was an avid player of this one Needed something after the terrible version of blitzball.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hated it until some guy uploaded a program where you plug in the border and core coin numbers, plug in the core sphere number and what echo you're using, and it calculates what moves to do.

It is bare faced cheating, but I don't care. I am simply not a quick, mathematical person and I really want Lady Luck to get CONGRATS! and earn, like, sooo much money.