Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: so are we gonna talk about NEW STAR WARS TRAILER GUESS WHO'S BACK

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    We should have an EoFF Watches Star Wars on the lead up to this being released! :3
    YES
    image.jpg

On the whole the two trailers for this film have been underwhelming for me so far, which I find surprising considering I've enjoyed the trailers for all the previous six films and considering how much the trailers aim at nostalgia and the overall Star Wars feel. However, the opening shot of this newest trailer did evoke a "familiar yet different" feel thanks to those wrecks of the spacecraft we know and love, as well as rerecording Luke's speech to Leia from Episode 6 and using it as a voiceover and with John Williams having a new orchestral recording for this trailer.

It would be great if they brought Boba Fett back since Lucas did consider adding a scene of Boba climbing out of the Sarlacc to Episode 6. The infamous bounty hunter returning as a reluctant ally or enemy of the heroes would be intriguing, particularly if we saw a Solo/Fett teamup; Temuera Morrison could portray Boba and just be made to appear older. I always felt his story needed some closure which neither trilogy gave us after all the buildup we received (and knowing how Lucas felt about the matter), and this would be a good opportunity to rectify that subplot assuming that the team heading the Sequel Trilogy would greenlight such an idea. Seems very unlikely at this point, but who knows...

What I look forward to the most is hearing what themes John Williams brings back and what new themes he'll conjure for the Sequel Trilogy. Some established themes could really use further development like the lovely but less known "Luke and Leia" theme from Episode 6 which was sadly missing from Episode 3 during the birth scene, but it would be logical to hear it now assuming that the Skywalker siblings share screentime together or refer to each other at any point in Episode 7. I would imagine that Abrams allows Williams to use his leitmotivic approach without interruptions unlike Lucas who sadly ended up cutting the score a bit too much in the Prequel Trilogy.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

They are bringing Boba back, he's getting his own stand alone movie

A downed star destroyer in that clip.