<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Anyone catch the latest trailer? It's...ok. The appearance of WW at the end was pretty cool.

I'm still not feeling Batfleck. Something is off about him, but some reviews are saying he steals the show. Also I much prefer the calm and overconfident Lex who sees the real danger of someone like Superman to the aloof and maniacal Lex who just wants to kill Superman, which appears to be the one we're getting. I guess that other part of Lex's personality is too much in common with the role Batman has in this film (at least for the first half of the movie until they patch things up to stop Lex).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

I just don't think either actor they got to play Batman and Lex are right for the role. And please don't tell me the latter is good at 'playing a dick'. Lex is more than a dick. He's a charismatic, intelligent, intimidating businessman on par with Superman and I see none of those traits in the actor they got to play him. Sorry. I like the actor, just not in this casting.

So far the only decent live action portrayal of Lex we've gotten has been Michael Rosenbaum.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think they're going for Eccentric billionaire as his cover for being a super villain. Kinda how Bruce acts like a dumb playboy as his alter ego.

I don't like how they showed a lot of things though like th ebad guy and wonder womans entrance. Tired of trailers giving everything away.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I think they're going for Eccentric billionaire as his cover for being a super villain. Kinda how Bruce acts like a dumb playboy as his alter ego.

I don't like how they showed a lot of things though like th ebad guy and wonder womans entrance. Tired of trailers giving everything away.
    Well, the WW cameo has been highly publicized but yeah imagine if this were 15 years ago and you saw her just appear in the Batman/Superman movie with no warning. It would blow your mind.

It sure doesn't appear to me that Lex is playing up the eccentricity for show but I will be pleasantly surprised if that was the case. Lex has been one of my favorite villains and I agree with Tori that Smallville had the best live action casting of him yet (though I really liked him in the Superman animated series).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Terrible trailer. I honestly feel like I've seen the whole movie, no need for half the stuff they have shown, people were going to see this movie anyway.

I think they have the casting down for the three main heroes though, they looked great at the end. Lex looked and sounded terrible though.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Age of Ultron Syndrome: Let's give them the whole movie before it comes out.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, as I'm a spoiler fanatic.

I thought the trailer was cool. I'm officially excited for this. 2016 has the potential of being the best movie year in quite some time.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This new trailer looks vaguely more interesting than the last one, which seemed to be advertising "Gritfest starring Edge McDark" instead of an actual movie.

On the downside, there doesn't seem to be much left to look forward to, thanks to the heavy spoilerage others have already noted. Previously, it looked like "Bats vs Supes" was going to be the central conflict of the whole film - hence the title. Now we know that's probably not the case, so any surprise is automatically gone.

I still like the casting of Eisenberg as Luthor, though, because of how much it subverts fan expectations. So tired of people whining that he must be portrayed as old, bald, and buff, because he's always been that way. Since the day he was born, apparently. And because a human needs big muscles to be taken seriously as a Superman villain, because big muscles mean he could totally be a physical threat to the godlike alien.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I expected Lex to ask if the heroes wanted to know where he got those scars.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Age of Ultron Syndrome: Let's give them the whole movie before it comes out.

Personally, it doesn't bother me, as I'm a spoiler fanatic.

I thought the trailer was cool. I'm officially excited for this. 2016 has the potential of being the best movie year in quite some time.
    To be fair isn't that most trailers these days? Star Wars is the most recent one to NOT give any spoilers away from what I can tell.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

is that doomsday
    this looks dumb now

Articles
    Blog Entries

I wasn't going to watch this trailer because everyone been saying it's spoilery, but I saw Doomsday mentioned, so I had to check it out. Batfleck is starting to grow on me, but I hate Lex even more now. Wonder Woman at least looks cool. Refreshing to see a Superman villain that isn't just Zod or Luther (even though it technically is Zod), but... It just feels unnecessary. Batman against Superman would be enough to carry the whole movie. Doomsday is better saved for a latter title, or a Justice League film. They're just adding way too much trout into this one film and I worry it's going to have a negative impact on the pacing. The Marvel movies are already starting to suffer from that due to all the characters they keep jamming into them.

It just feels like they have no confidence in this movie, so they're adding as much stuff as possible to generate interest. Which makes no sense to me because as have been mentioned, people are going to see it anyway. It's Batman versus Superman. We've been waiting for them to meet on film for years. Just... ugh! Stop bringing out the Critic in me, guys, I'm off work.
    Last edited by Ayen; 12-04-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    is that doomsday
    this looks dumb now
    As much as Doomsday could work as a Superman villain, at this point it really seems like they're just desperately throwing in everything possible into the movie just to get people to watch it.

I wish I didn't see the trailer. That being said, still looks like a fun movie. The over the top 'lol' lines always make me giggle, but I think Luthor is probably like... baby luthor, so maybe when he loses his hair (if he does), that'll change his eccentricity. I wonder if Supes will bite it in this movie... Then Justice League will have to go without him... Also I hope against hope that in the after-credits, Batman is sifting through Zodsday's bones to find some morsel of Kryptonite... y'know, just in case.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Like Kurt Angle when after he got the head shaved he became an uber badass.

I doubt they'll kill off Superman this early since they're gearing for a Justice League movie, and a Justice League with Superman is just... wrong. Then again, I didn't count on them pulling Doomsday out this early, so I guess anything is fair game at this point. Death of Superman arc in the third act, why not?

I'll roll my eyes if they do it.