Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Batman v Superman Trailer

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

As I always say with this, it's a Zack Snyder film so it's doomed anyway. I suspect Jesse Eisenberg knows what sort of daft film he's wound up in and is hamming it up accordingly.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    I wish I didn't see the trailer. That being said, still looks like a fun movie. The over the top 'lol' lines always make me giggle, but I think Luthor is probably like... baby luthor, so maybe when he loses his hair (if he does), that'll change his eccentricity. I wonder if Supes will bite it in this movie... Then Justice League will have to go without him... Also I hope against hope that in the after-credits, Batman is sifting through Zodsday's bones to find some morsel of Kryptonite... y'know, just in case.
    There were some promo images with him bald so maybe it'll happen!

(SPOILER)

Articles
    Blog Entries

I remember seeing him bald with Superman. I just wasn't sure if they changed it, planned to shave it later, or if they're doing the wig thing like the older Superman movies did.

Doesn't look half bad there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that? The issue is that Lex is not just some maniacal sociopath like the Joker, he's a shrewd businessman who wants the same thing Superman wants: a better world. It just so happens he thinks that world should be one where he has a lot of control over it and there isn't some overpowered alien running around with his finger on the button. Maybe this Lex has these qualities, it was just a trailer after all. But all I saw there was 'Lex Joker'.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that? The issue is that Lex is not just some maniacal sociopath like the Joker, he's a shrewd businessman who wants the same thing Superman wants: a better world. It just so happens he thinks that world should be one where he has a lot of control over it and there isn't some overpowered alien running around with his finger on the button. Maybe this Lex has these qualities, it was just a trailer after all. But all I saw there was 'Lex Joker'.
    I figured Big D was talking about people in general, but if he misunderstood my 'intimidating' comment, I meant personality and the way Lex carries himself. Not what his body type is. Eisenberg's single facial expression in that Entertainment Weekly picture feels more like Lex Luthor than the entire trailer, and if the Lex you describes turns out to be in the movie then Warner Brothers can't market him for trout.

I still assume Lex will go through some kind of arc that'll make him more serious. Could be wrong, time will tell.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that?
    Not here, but elsewhere on the internet. Plenty of complaining about how the "REAL Luthor" simply must be identical to every previous iteration - bald, because he just is, and buff, because it makes him imposing and threatening. There can't be an origin story where he becomes those things, because he has to be that way *already* or he just isn't the same character.

By and large, it's the same kind of people who whined endlessly about Heath Ledger's Joker, before The Dark Knight came out. Apparently, this was the worst Joker of all time, because his hair was lank and unkempt, and his makeup was smeared and uneven. You know, a complete betrayal of the disciplined composure and everything else the character stands for.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

of the murder

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    His baldness is not the issue. And muscles? Where did anyone mention that?
    Not here, but elsewhere on the internet. Plenty of complaining about how the "REAL Luthor" simply must be identical to every previous iteration - bald, because he just is, and buff, because it makes him imposing and threatening. There can't be an origin story where he becomes those things, because he has to be that way *already* or he just isn't the same character.

By and large, it's the same kind of people who whined endlessly about Heath Ledger's Joker, before The Dark Knight came out. Apparently, this was the worst Joker of all time, because his hair was lank and unkempt, and his makeup was smeared and uneven. You know, a complete betrayal of the disciplined composure and everything else the character stands for.
    The funny thing about that is, I'm 99% sure the Luther character had hair when he was first made and he became bald later. Like how the Superman character when he was first conceived was bald, but then they changed it before he made his debut in Action Comics 1. Only, Lex actually appeared in older comic books with a head full of hair.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Lex was never anything but a mad scientist until the 80's. And, frankly, he's had so many different portrayals and motivations that is a bit silly to criticize the one in this movie when we know basically nothing about what's driving him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Lex was never anything but a mad scientist until the 80's. And, frankly, he's had so many different portrayals and motivations that is a bit silly to criticize the one in this movie when we know basically nothing about what's driving him.
    B-But, that would make my earlier points about him not feeling like Lex invalid.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They made Doomsday look dumb. And by transitive property have ruined my favorite Superman arc. >:[

FFXIV Character

Bartholomew Drizzle (Exodus)

Don't worry too much about it; Dooms may well kick off your favorite arc right here, and/or be reborn in future movies to bring about the story. He might change forms through the movie too.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ive never been much of a batman fan, tho The Dark Knight made it more interesting to me.
    i never liked those comic style movies.

and i have never been interested in superman either untill Man of Steel.
    i love how they made superman more realistic (+ a hot actor)

the biggest disapointment is that Christian Bale is not batman.

but the trailers got me all hyped about this movie

(i dont kow much about the comics, so im not going to talk about that)