Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Battlefront

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wat? Was just pointing out EA has already released big games this year.

Which worked upon launch, btw. Just like Battlefront will, as you shall soon learn to the dismay of your user tag

Don't get nervous Sky!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Smurf it, I'll have a piece of this wager. If the game ships broken I'LL PLAY ALL THREE FFXIII GAMES WITH AN OPEN MIND!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does playing them include beating them?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty_ffgamer View Post
    Does playing them include beating them?
    Let's be realistic here, I can't even beat the games I like.

It means I will play them for an ample quantity of time as is necessary to write a 1,000 words length review on their content.
    Last edited by Ayen; 04-21-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There was going to be more to that post, but I cannot remember what anymore. I got a phone call while I was typing so I meant to just exit out but apparently I posted it, woops.

I never did play much of the old Battlefront games. I was terrible at the little I did play, but it was pretty fun. I rarely have friends I can play games with anymore though; so, this game will probably be a pass for me. Best case scenario will be one of my coworkers/old coworkers getting it because we would then likely have a get together at some point to play it. We usually just see movies together, but they are all super excited about Star Wars so I'm sure they'd be excited to try out the game too.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Here's some info about the game from various interviews.

1. There is no single player campaign, just a few missions depicting moments from the original trilogy that can be played solo or cooperatively.

2. There is no galactic conquest mode.

3. The max player count is capped at 40 across all platforms. When asked whether bots would be featured DICE responded with "no comment".

4. There are no space battles or fighting in orbit, and air units will be confined to the area above ground maps like in the Battlefield franchise.

5. The game will launch with only 4 playable planets, though how many maps will be set on each is unclear.

6. Only units and characters from the Original Trilogy will be featured.

7. The AT-AT walkers shown in the trailer and promotional stills will not be player controlled, and will instead follow a scripted path across the battlefield.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

It all seems so limiting until I think about how much there's available for them to do with those limitations.

It's still not really a Battlefront game. They may as well called it something else. The battlefront games never punished anyone for wanting to play solo

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post

1. There is no single player campaign, just a few missions depicting moments from the original trilogy that can be played solo or cooperatively.

3. The max player count is capped at 40 across all platforms. When asked whether bots would be featured DICE responded with "no comment".

4. There are no space battles or fighting in orbit, and air units will be confined to the area above ground maps like in the Battlefield franchise.

5. The game will launch with only 4 playable planets, though how many maps will be set on each is unclear.

7. The AT-AT walkers shown in the trailer and promotional stills will not be player controlled, and will instead follow a scripted path across the battlefield.
    Well that's trout.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Getting the disappointment in early.

...I know you're just the messenger with all this Freya but I was happy until I read your post so I feel like I have to hold you responsible for my disappointment. For shame.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Freyas gonna frey

...trout, should've saved that for Dothraki Wedding.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen hype die this fast since Square revealed FFVII on PlayStation 4!

I guess i'm the only one who doesn't care about DLC. Like I don't HAVE to buy it and if I want to, so what? Just extra stuff.
    Oh, hey, I missed this.

The problem with DLC is when companies abuse it to weasel more money out of its customer base by purposely leaving things out that's technically already on the disc but you have to give them more money to access it. Your new release is either 40 or 60 bucks in the US (and however much they sell it in other countries) imagine paying that only to lack other things in the game because they want more money out of you. This is where Day 1 DLC is particularly annoying because you just spent sixty bucks and already they want you to pay more for the game you just brought home. This doesn't even get into similar tactics involving pre-orders. And after you paid that much for a game, it's nice to have a product that actually works. My mom got me Batman Arkham Origins for Christmas and I ran into three different instances where the game froze while playing it and I had to restart just to get it working again. That was a good two months after it came out and it was the offline single player campaign. That's just ridiculous. Don't even get me started on Telltale's corrupt file bulltrout and I got TWD S2 a year after its release and the bug existed since the first game.
    Last edited by Ayen; 04-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Yeah. So its not Battlefront. And I'm surprised nobody thought this was going to happen. So uh... does it matter anymore if it works at launch if nobody wants to play it? :P