Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beauty stuff n that

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Don't bath bombs cause vaginal infections?

I cut my nails but I always mess them up and cut them in to a sharp dagger or too short them it becomes painful so now it's mostly just filing. That's honestly better.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I am currently using DevaCurl's Sulfate and Silicone free no-poo cleanser and conditioner. I brush my hair with my fingers in the shower. When I'm out, I put a little bit of the conditioner as a leave-in. I then do a Hair Plop and let that sit a while. Take it off and let it air dry. My curls have never been better! I don't straighten or blowdry my hair anymore. If anything I'll use a diffuser to help dry it.

I lotion up and then proceed to do my makeup. Eyebrows have to be on point lately. I'm just discovering my love for lipstick though. That's new.
    Re deva curl do you like it? Do you use it everyday? Does it smell funny? How is your scalp? People keep mentioning this product to me but I have scalp problems man. And expense problems also.
    I like it. It's a no-poo cleanser so it's basically the same if you use the no-poo method. It's taken my hair a few weeks to get used to not stripping out all the oils. So for the first few weeks my hair was over producing oils and it was icky. Now though, I've been using it for about 6 weeks. My hair is much more curly and less weighed down. It smells minty so if you're not a fan of that then you wont like it. Luckily I got it gifted to me first so I didn't buy it to just try it out and not like it but I love it so I'll be actually buying more.

I wash my hair every two to three days cause apparently curls don't like being washed that much (i've learned a lot lately about it on naturallycurly.com and reddit's curly hair subreddit) Usually I just put it on top of my head as what I call a "Pineapple head" bun
    and take normal showers just I don't wash my hair. It's helped as I'm not stripping it so often. I also "Pineapple head" bun it for bed too. That way I don't have messy day two curls. Infact usually my day two curls look better than my day one curls.

As I touched on, I do what's called hair plopping.
    Because curly hair is more absorbent, if you dry your hair with a normal towel it takes out a lot of moisture and gets frizzier. So if you take one of those fancy towels, or just do what I do and use an old t-shirt, put your product full hair (leave in conditioner or gel or whatever) on the top of your head and wrap the towel around and tie it. I just use a hair-tie to tie it behind my head. Then you leave that in while you go about the rest of your morning routine so the moisture can soak into your hair rather than drying out. Take the towel off and your hair is more buoyant from absorbing the moisture. Let it finish airdrying or use a diffuser and tada!

I have dry skin pretty much all over and general skin issues so my scalp really hasn't been affected negatively or positively. So I can't answer that one well. My hair has been pretty damaged from my treating it badly and also from all the sicknesses and medicines I take so it's a process to try to help fix it but I'm getting there!

I like it, and highly recommend it to other curlies. I found it on amazon for about $30 for both cleanser and conditioner. That varies depending on amazon's sales though.

Blog Entries

Im actually not too high maintenance, i dont think. I use a moisturizer and an eye cream after washing my face. I think most people here know I love doing makeup but I dont actually wear it that often, just "when I feel like it". But when I do, its most likely a black eye shadow factory's worth of eye shadow because im still that goth kid at heart >.>. My hair on the other hand....since I bleach and color the trout out of it, I use a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner to keep it from fading as fast, i use a leave in conditioner and some argon oil trout afterwards so my hair doesnt have the texture of hay. Its red and pink right now but i kind of want to switch to purple and lavender. HALP >.>