View Poll Results: Is FFXIII the first FF you ever played?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • You bet!

3 9.38%
  • Not really.

29 90.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was this your first FF?

Nope. My first is FF VIII- yes, the one that you guys hate so much.

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Nope the original FF was my first. To be honest if 15 is anything like XIII it will be my last of the series. It is one of the worst games I've ever played. I honestly took out the disk, snapped it and will never pick it up ever again. It's not a true FF title.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You shouldn't get so emotional. You could have traded it in for an actually good game, like Tales of Xillia.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, that's actually the point of this thread. It is quite interesting that fans of the older series are, to put it lightly, disappointed with XIII (myself included). I was just wondering how those who started with XIII got hooked on the series and how the rest looks to them.

And don't worry, Nutty - XV looks like the complete opposite so far Also, just the fact that Toriyama hasn't touched it is good enough news

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    Nope the original FF was my first. To be honest if 15 is anything like XIII it will be my last of the series. It is one of the worst games I've ever played. I honestly took out the disk, snapped it and will never pick it up ever again. It's not a true FF title.
    You can say "it's not a true FF title", but...it is. No matter how much you or others may hate it, it doesn't stop it from becoming a main numbered entry.

Also so did you really snap the disc or are you just saying that for dramatic effect?
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by fat_moogle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FFNut View Post
    You can say "it's not a true FF title", but...it is. No matter how much you or others may hate it, it doesn't stop it from becoming a main numbered entry.

Also so did you really snap the disc or are you just saying that for dramatic effect?

i said it for dramatic effect. What I really did with the game is give it to a organization in town that gives used games and toys to underprivileged children in the area. I also each year pick a child from their list at Christmas and buy that child Christmas gifts. I'm a softy I know.

Blog Entries

I've never played XIII

FFXIV Character

Nutty Eoff (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I've never played XIII
    Really it was the easiest game with a FF title. I may revisit it but it's highly doubtful. It was the only game in the series that would play itself for you.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Galina Astrum (Ragnarok)

Its the first main series game i played. But i played ff cc ring of fates and ff legend ( the saga one) before.
    All you ff13 haters are just blinded by light
    Last edited by Galuf; 09-09-2015 at 07:12 AM.

Thank god I never finished it.

It was the fourth FF game I played. After X, X-2 and XII.

I don't really understand all the vitriol towards it. It really doesn't 'play itself' any more than XII does, it was less linear than X, the story took off a lot more quickly than X or XII, and the characters were more interesting than in X or X-2.

I gather that some people think that the sci-fi setting isn't Final Fantasy enough. But, I love sci-fi, so that wasn't an issue for me. Plus, isn't the beloved VII quite sci-fi?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not the sci fi. A lot of people simply disagree with your assessment. But that's a topic for another thread. Soon, perhaps.

Twirler of moustaches CactuarKing's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I enjoyed FFXIII (XIII-2 was better) but for me, VII, VIII (Second fave), and XI were good and ranked higher.

My absolute all time favourite however is X.

Yes I know it is linear, but it didn't feel it.

The story was absorbing, the voice acting was good and I empathised a lot with the characters and could control them all.

Oh, and Blitzball.

Also, XIII held you back too much and stopped you levelling up (my favourite thing in the earlier games was just levelling up and collecting gil so that I was overlevelled for the story) or learning skills to make your job easier. The Crystarium felt like a poor imitation of X's sphere grid (IMHO anyway).
    Last edited by CactuarKing; 01-02-2016 at 11:27 AM. Reason: To add comments

No. I started with FFI on NES. Been an FF fan all of my life - and I love FFXIII. Although I will admit that it has its problems. As far as the idea of older fans being more disappointed goes... I already got my nerd rage out when Final Fantasy X pissed me off for being linear and not having a world map (I still hate Tidus to this day. However, I feel like X is a great game in retrospect) and Final Fantasy XI being an online game. FF has been changing for a long time. I have accepted it and moved on and I find that the modern games have things I like about them.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.

A visiting little kid at my house insisted I stick FF13 in. The opening cinematic played. He responded "Oh my God! Final Fantasy is so badass!"

I died a little inside.