Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 marks the return of console JRPGs

I am so excited for Persona 5. Have they gone into detail on whether there will be significant differences between the PS3 and PS4 releases? I was going to buy a PS4 just for this game, but if I can play it and not have to spend a few hundred dollars...

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would imagine both versions of Persona 5 will be about the same. Going by the list, I think Sony has just been paying the publishers of the high profile upcoming Vita/PS3 games to port them to PS4, so they can spark some interest for the console in Japan. It's supposedly working, as the PS4 version of DQ Heroes moved a lot of copies and the system has been selling a lot better since. So you can probably wait until the PS4 is a little cheaper and it has more games that take advantage of the hardware, like Disgaea 5 does and FFXV presumably will. Although they probably will have a price cut by the time P5 releases later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    This Gen is set to have a lot more high profile games. Last then had a lot that were to niche for me. And way too much focus on handheld games as far as JRPGs are concerned
    Same. I want to give some of the PS3 ones a try, since Pumpkin says a lot of them were good but they look too niche for me. Eventually I'll probably get around to Ni No Kuni and Tales of Symphonia, though.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> At this point I just laugh on how much money I need to spend if I want to play these.
    I dont care anymore.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's defiantly a stronger lineup of actual games with release dates attached to them than last generation had. I mean after Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, The Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery were released it seemed like no one bothered talking JRPGs for awhile except an occasional NIS release and cult titles like Valkyria Chronicles. Hopefully many of them will be worth talking about long past their release unlike many of the game's I listed.