Thread: Salad!

Blog Entries

Default Salad!

Summer is fast approaching here in the northern hemisphere, so naturally a salad thread is in order.

What are your fave salad combos?

I love baby spinach- not just for the health benefits, but because I can do so much more with it besides just a salad. I buy a big bag every week and pretty much consume it by myself.

I like throwing on some avocado, onion, and maybe some black beans and corn and doing like a tex-mexy type salad.. With a lime/jalepeno/garlic/evoo vinaigrette. I might crumble on some shredded cheddar or queso fresco. And sometimes I'll add chopped boiled egg or a couple strips of leftover grilled chicken. :3

I also do just chickpeas, goat's cheese and red onion sometimes with lemon juice and evoo

And chopped strawberry, blueberries, sunflower seeds, and a balsamic vinegar reduction mixed with evoo ... Or red wine/evoo combo!

I never buy bottled dressings as I'd much prefer to make my own like what I listed up there. Saves mucho calories and tastes way better!

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

what the heck is evoo?

Most of my salads are kale based, because lettuce is a waste of chewing. My make my own salad dressings, which are usually a combination of some kind of oil, a citrus fruit, mustard, and herbs/spices.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Grin

Ooooooooh. I use that all the time, yeah.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My favourite salad is pretty simple

Lettuce
    Carrot
    Cucumber
    Shredded Cheese
    Caesar, Ranch, or Italian Seasoning

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like simple salads. I can't stand it if there's just way too much going on in the bowl with loads of dressing soaking everything and urgh.

Last night I made a salad which was just iceburg, baby spinach, fennel, cherry tomatoes, and snowpea shoots. I just added olive oil, some sea salt then balsamic vinegar. Was yummy!

Part of the reason I hate chicken ceaser salad is because if you ever order it they go way to overboard with the dressing and it's gross! DRESS LIGHTLY. DRESS DON'T DRENCH!

Blog Entries

Can't go far wrong with lettuce, tomato / cherry tomato, cucumber, maybe some pickled beetroot and a light dressing.
    Quite often I would chuck some chicken in.

Depending on hunger, weight management etc I might go for a pasta salad, maybe even add in little treats like half a scotch egg and/or a rollmop herring
    If there's room for a bit of a pig-out then it's off to the "salad" bar, but those are a rather loose definition even by my terms

Blog Entries

I almost always order the dressing on the side.

When I worked at Red Lobster, we had to mix our own Caesar salads in a pan in the salad bar.. I had a knack for getting the perfect amount of dressing on the lettuce. Customers complimented me all the time on it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I'm the only person I know that likes sweetcorn on their salad. I think I must be some sort of freak as no-one else is that keen. Am I on my own here?

Blog Entries

lol I mentioned it up there Bubz! ^_^ I do fresh corn shaved off of the cob in my salad sometimes!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I think I'm the only person I know that likes sweetcorn on their salad. I think I must be some sort of freak as no-one else is that keen. Am I on my own here?
    Nah, one of the best salads I've had (a takeaway salad of all things xD) included lettuce, diced chicken, tomato, red and yellow peppers, sweetcorn and pineapple. I thought it was an excellent combination!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, fruit salads are good too!